SMASH thread!

Omg! I think I cried more in the last hour than I have in the last month!!!
I know the show is most likely cancelled, but I love it!!

Newbie chiming in -- just found this thread! My 15-year old DD and I watch this faithfully, but we're finding ourselves with 2-3 episodes on the DVR piling up, while last year, we watched it 15-minutes after it began on Tuesday nights!

As for Jeremy Jordan, and how he got this juicy role, he's not that unknown. He was in Joyful Noise (a cute movie with Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah), and he was on Broadway as Jack Kelly in Newsies. We saw him last summer right before he left the show, and he was PHENOMENAL!!!! But we agree, he's just not great in SMASH. He's always pissed off, which makes his face so ugly.

We're pretty sure Kyle dies, since we watched the preview of the next episode, and there was a poster (like a memorial poster) with his photos on it.

I was distracted on Saturday, so I will have to rewatch the episode.

I did see Eileen toss a drink at Jerry, so all was good as far as I was concerned! :thumbsup2

Well, it's offical: Smash is canceled.

I'll miss seeing all those Broadway stars on TV every week!

Well, it's offical: Smash is canceled.

I'll miss seeing all those Broadway stars on TV every week!

Too bad. The first season was a lot of fun but this season almost made me want to stop watching. I like Katherine McPhee and Megan Hilty and they were both put in horrible spots this year. The music was not nearly as good as last season and the storylines were horrible. Too bad they can hit rest on this season.

Just watched the 2-hour season finale. I was happy they wrapped up most storylines, even if it was a little pat. I hate it when you watch a show and it just ends, cliffhangers and all.

Hope we see the talent on the show on the big and little screens again soon! (As well as on Broadway, but of course, that's a hike for most of us.)

Edited to add: Make that SERIES finale.

I thought they did a good job of wrapping things up. As much as I bashed this season I thought it started getting a little stronger towards the end. I will miss the music of Katharine Mcphee and Megan Hilty. I think they both light up the screen.

I loved the show 1st season, liked it 2nd season, although I agree it was kind of weak early on this season. I really enjoyed the series finale and wish it would go on. I think it was great how they allowed for mostly happy endings, and really did leave me wanting more...

I was pleased how they wrapped things up. It seemed rushed but it was.

SPOILERS

Tom and Julia working together again.
Eileen and Nick
Bombshell beating Hit List/Eileen beating Jerry
Derrick and Ivy

I don't really know who won the Tonys.
Daisy for Hit List - that was a stupid plot point the whole thing with her & Derrick/Anya
Derrick for choreographer?
Ivy for Bombshell
Tom and Julia for music
Kyle for book

Did Jimmy win actor? Did (after making such a HUGE deal out of it) Tom win director? Or did Derrick? Karen got nothing.

Sad it's over also. I'm very glad they tied up all loose ends though. For a minute I thought the show was over when they cut for a commercial break before announcing Best Actress!!!
Does anyone know if there will be a CD (or on iTunes) the 2nd seasons music? I'd love some of the music from Hit List.

They didn't show all of the awards, odd that they didn't show Director after all the fuss. I did love the last number with Ivy saying "the show's over"!

I too enjoyed the last song - it nicely "bookended" the series, and brought back the best of what it was originally.

Didn't Derrick win director? Or was that choreographer?

I also agreed that Daisy's win was absurd. (Although in real life, it wouldn't have been unusual for a mother/daughter pair to split the vote.)

And really? Yes it's live TV, but they can't just send an entire cast on stage and hpe they'll be properly lit and miked!

OK, enough nit-picking. I will admit I'll miss the show.

I loved the show 1st season, liked it 2nd season, although I agree it was kind of weak early on this season. I really enjoyed the series finale and wish it would go on. I think it was great how they allowed for mostly happy endings, and really did leave me wanting more...

ITA with you!

I too enjoyed the last song - it nicely "bookended" the series, and brought back the best of what it was originally.

Didn't Derrick win director? Or was that choreographer?

I also agreed that Daisy's win was absurd. (Although in real life, it wouldn't have been unusual for a mother/daughter pair to split the vote.)

And really? Yes it's live TV, but they can't just send an entire cast on stage and hpe they'll be properly lit and miked!

OK, enough nit-picking. I will admit I'll miss the show.

I thought Derrick won for choreographer. And I don't remember seeing director announced...but wonder if it was Tom since he was shown last admiring his Tony -- but I guess that could have been for the music too.

I was pleased how they wrapped things up. It seemed rushed but it was.

SPOILERS

Eileen and Nick

Derrick and Ivy

I didn't watch. I tuned in, but as soon as I saw Jimmy :headache: I just couldn't watch it anymore. Even to see how the show ended.

So did those two couples listed above end up together?

So sorry to lose a scripted show with such a wonderful premise, great talent and some fabulous original music along with performances of songs we know. The ending told me that the folks on the show knew for quite a while the show was done. All the word that kept leaking about this person and that person leaving was not really them leaving the show, but rather the behind the scenes knowledge the show was done.

DD walked in on the final number & said, wait, does the stage say Tony Awards? I thought it was a wonderful wrap and a high note to go out on -- even throwing the SMASH sign up behind them.

So ready for reality TV to go away & see some real creativity on the screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter