Slow Losers need support this week!

Kabuli1

DIS Veteran
5 weeks after starting Atkins and I have lost 1 lb. After looking at it from just about every angle, It's just a fact, I am REALLY metabolically resistant! Like me, Tracy, Luvinit, is moving along at just about the same speed!

So we have decided to do something about it and start THE FAT FAST today. We wanted everybody to know, cause we're going to need all the pms and emails and encouragement, pixie dust, love and prayers you've got to share just to get thru this!

We aren't asking anybody to join us, this isn't a challenge for the rest of our WISH friends - tho if anyone can think of a special clippie. . . . We did want to be public about it, cause when so many people lose so much so fast, it is almost humilating to admit that we're having so little success. Luvinit broke her silence about it, and I'm so happy she did, I am much more willing to suffer in silence. We have our own little support group - The Slow Losers!

We may be slow, but we're determined!

So, here we go, Day One: Fat Fast!!!

Karyn, (and Tracy, too!)

I'll be on your support team! Yea slow losers!!! I am mostly one too! It's been very small baby steps for me to get where I am, so please please don't give up!! Your healthy way of life WILL work for you. Maybe you have to give it more time for your metabolism to adjust after being abused for a while (you know, yo-yoing, barely eating, binging, up then down, etc, I think we've all done that!)

Are you guys getting enough calories per day?? We don't want that metabolism going into the starvation survival mode!!

Ok, I'm sorry, you didn't ask for lecturing, just support! Remember you are living HEALTHY now, that makes you a better wife and mother, a better friend (b/c your mental health is at a better place), you feel better in the morning when the alarm goes off and you don't drrrrraaaaaagggggggg through the day anymore!!

GO SLOW LOSERS! GO SLOW LOSERS!!! Chin up!!

ps - I will put you in my prayers for this week and I believe in the power of prayer :)

I'm hear for you girls. I know how you are feeling. I went from loosing 3 avg for my weekly weight in's to 1.5-2 and skipping weeks in between the last few weeks and that has really stumped me. I know that it was gonna slow down for me and i have considered a FAST day to jump start me but i'm not sure it's right for me. My DH fasted for 4 days and lost 10lbs but when he started eating again he gained 6 right back but he started loosing conisistley. I'm for trying anything once. So i'll be interested to see if these helps you guys get on a roll. I sure hope it does. Stay Strong and if your not journaling NOW is a good time when you start back off your fasting to evaulate your intake maybe there's some room for improvement there. Also if you don't have a lot of weight to loose it may explain your turtle crawl to your goal weight. I wish you guys the very best! You will get there i just know it.

Thanks, ohMom and Tammy!

Nice to get cheerful words right away!

Just so everybody knows. The Fat Fast is an approved 4 day 1000 calorie highly restricted diet recommended by Atkins only for situations like ours. The 4 day "fast" is followed by 7 days at 1200 cal and then back to Induction.

hearts.gif
Thanks so much for your concern and caring!

Karyn and Tracy

hairwind.gif
whair.gif

We're Slow, But We're Determined!

I'm sure I'll be joining the slow crowd soon too. I've gained and lost so much weight that my metabolism is shot.

Good luck on the fat fast! Here's to hoping it's the jump start you want. :)

Thanks for explaining how that works. That's cool you have a back to jump start that sounds totally healthy and so doable. I try everyday to stay under 1200 cal 20fg and 70 carbs and 30 proteins. I think i may go back to fitday and start journaling again taking my own advise.LOL

Imgoingback it's okay we all go thru this. For months i out loss my email buddy now she's kicking my butt your time will come look at your plan and reevaluate! That's what i got her to do and she's melting off pounds now!

Ohmom Thank you for your support and prayers!! You are exactly right about "abusing" my metabolism. I know that is what is preventing me from losing weight.

PO6 Thanks for your support... I have been journaling in fitday...that is a great program to use during this fast.

Karyn Thank you the most...I would never have the courage to do this without you. I know we just started today...but I am confident that WE will get through the 4 days together!!!

We will keep you posted on our progress.
Tracy

GOOD LUCK! You can both do it!!!! Look at how far you have come already, sticking to the Atkins plan really really really good! I know you can do it, so no sweat! You will make it through this fat fast (thanks for explaining it, I was wondering what it was!)

I think if you want to check in daily so we can celebrate with you or offer you encouragement, that would be great!!! Maybe update your joural on the journal board if you have one or just tack an update on this thread!!!

I love your attitudes! Instead of throwing in the towel you have decided to get together and REALLY fight this!!! Woo-hoo!!! There is no holding you back, you are going to jump start things and really see a good and steady loss now!!! :)

I told this to Tracy in PM, and I'll say it here publically.

Because everybody is different, one plan that someone has had success on doesn't mean that you will too.

Weight loss plans are like clothes. You have to try different ones and see which one fits you best. Weight Watchers worked for me, but I know so many that it can't work for. Same with Atkins, for every success here, somewhere, somebody hasn't had success with it.

OR, another piece of advice, but this one isn't quite as easy. Stick with your program. The S....L.....O.......W.........E..........R the weight comes off, the better the chance that you will keep it off.

While it may be slow, you're still a bunch of losers, just like everybody else!!!! ;) You can all do it!

Karyn & Tracy,

I am praying for you!! I know you can do it. No matter what happens, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! You will lose the weight because you are both so determined.

I hope this fat fast works. As you know, I was very close to trying it until I finally made it to my 5lb loss. (I still consider myself a slow loser because it took me 5 weeks).

Please PM me if you need any support.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I think a journal or maybe a daily post is a good idea to you keep you on track & get continued support.

I'm in the same boat with you girls! I've had this 10 pound clippie FOREVER;) and I've been at this 'WISH clippie challenge' since day one --- the end of January!.

I FINALLY lost one pound over the weekend --- and am at my all time Atkins eating low of 211. Tomorrow will be my one year ATKINSversary and I am officially down 36 pounds [as of this morning]. 12 more pounds and I will be in ONDERland. A year ago I never would have thought that to be possible. Now, I know that it is possible and the time will soon be here.
:D

Good Luck girls --- I'm anxious to see how it works for you.

Karyn and Tracy,
I'm here to help!! The 'short' (everything is relative, isn't it?) plateau I just went through gives me a true feeling of the level of frustration you must be feeling! How great that you have a plan of attack to stir things up! I would be willing to bet that this will get things moving for you both!

I'll be here cheering you on and looking for the wonderful LOSER posts I know you will be making!

cheering.gif
Go Karyn
cheering.gif
Go Tracy
cheering.gif
Go Karyn
cheering.gif
Go Tracy
cheering.gif

Karyn,
Tracy cannot access the boards but she is thinking of you. She is doing okay and sticking with the fat fast.

Update...Day 1.

For breakfast..1oz of Macademania (sp) nuts. Thats about 12 nuts. And a water. Took kids to movies..so ate this instead of popcorn.

Lunch...1oz of Canned Chicken with 2 teaspoons of Mayo and 1/4 avocado. Now let me just say that I have had kittens that eat more than this for a meal...but I stuck it out and drank some more water.

Worked out for 45 mins due to the Dis tech diffiuculties.

Snack...2 deviled eggs with 2 tea mayo. This was a heartier choice.
More Water.

Forgot to eat anything else b/c was obsessed with not getting on. So now I am eating some more nuts and some 2oz of brie cheese. I am not very hungry. And I hate eating this late.

NOT giving up!!

Slow but determined!!

Tracy

My update!

I think I ate exactly the same foods as Tracy! Just in slightly different order. The day is done and another starts tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Karyn

I fully intended to give y'all all kinds of support but the DIS server let me down :(

I'll be here for you tomorrow, though...I <i>hope</i> :)

Just wanted to say Yea for you both for trying this and STICKING to it through day one!

I will be sending good thoughts and pixie dust for both of you - I cannot wait to hear of both of your successes!

Maybe you can inspire some us other slow losers to try this too.

ok girls - of all days for the DIS server to crash and strand us from our support system!! You two are awesome for sticking it through the day!! woooo hoooooooo!!! You go girls, you are over 25% done with the fast!

Would a "project" help keep your mind off this? like maybe cleaning out closets, tackling the pile of paperwork and mail, cleaning out and wiping out kitchen cupboards (not food ones of course)

Like I should be totally doing that too and not surfing the boards! jeesh!! who am I?? :rolleyes:

prayers and PD for both of you - you can do it!!

I'm posting this after "your big reveal", because the boards were down, I didn't know about this until your last day. If I'd known I would have joined with you two, I've been stuck at a total of 9lbs lose for 4 weeks....just stuck....not moving.
Your success has been great :Pinkbounc :bounce: ,so I'd like to follow in your footsteps. Can you please Pm me, or post a link for where the Fat Fast is located. Thanks so much. I'll be cheering for you two on Phase II.
"You Go Girls!!!!"

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter