Slow Losers...Day 2

Luvinit

<font color=CC66CC>This is the place I come to to
Karyn and I both made it through our first day of the Fat Fast! Whew!!! It wasn't as hard as we had imagined it might have been. It was a little boring. Neither one of us was hungry, but it is strange not eating a "real" meal.

3 more days...HOPEFULLY the DisBoards won't get sick again..lol. We were both able to exercise while on the fat fast. So that was another plus. And don't worry...Yes we are drinking lots!!

Thank you all for your support!!!

Slow but Determined!!!

Tracy and Karyn

WHen it does get hard, just keep saying to yourself- gotta keep my eye on the prize..... eye on the prize.........eye on the prize.....

those are like magic words. Now I don't let too many people know my magic words, but since you had such a rough day, not being able to access WISH and all, I thought I'd share them with you to make things a little easier should that ever happen again!
(Knock on wood it won't!)

If anyone is wondering what this 'Fat Fast' plan of Atkins is you can read about it HERE.
:D

sz152.gif

Way to Go Girls!

Thanks fr that link Jody! I had no idea that it was there. I can always count on you to hvae a great link to soemthing!

Hang in there Tracy. I'm anxious to see how well you do.

Whew, without DIS access I was wondering how you were doing! Glad to know you made it through day one!!! You can do it! I am really really really ANXIOUS to see what this fat fast does for both of you, I am hoping for the BEST boost you could ever dream of!!! Keep up the great work, you are both so determined!!!

I am STARVING today.!!! This really is harder than I thought is was going to be. Not because of the kinds of foods...but the amounts are really small. 1 oz of chicken salad with 1/4 of an avacado....Geesh...thats more food than a cat eats at a meal.

I know this is going to work though...it really does seem to be the BOOST that my body needed.

A WARNING for anyone thinking of doing this...!!!!

You need to make sure that you have done 2 weeks of induction with 20 carbs or LESS!! This fast has very little carbs. I have not been over 20 carbs in WEEKS...and this afternoon I felt the effects of even lower carbs!!!! It was not bad because my body is used to low carbs...but I can only imagine if it wasn't how I would feel.

I guees what I am trying to say is .....THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO START ATKINS!!! I just feel like I need to mention this as a reminder to anyone who is tempeted to try a quick fix!!

Tracy

Excellent advice, Tracy.

Kids don't try this at home--if you are just starting Atkins. Don't try this at all except as a last resort.

Hang in there, cutie.

Me, too! I'm soooo hungry! Is there any nutritional value in fingernails? I'm tempted to chew mine off while I wait out the next hour till I can eat something again.

Tracy's right! Day 2 is rough! And we just sailed thru day 1 thinking - hey, no big deal, we're cool, we're tough, we don't need no stinkin food!

NOT!!!!!

We're slow, we're determined . . .and

WE'RE HUNGRY!!!!!!

Karyn

Hey Karyn...you forgot Grouchy....I am getting Grouchy...Hopefully I will snap out of it tomorrow...Like tigh said...By tomorrow we will be more than half way done!!

Tracy

Oh, well, if you guys are feeling grouchy, you should be the official "butt kickers" so anyone who posts that they need a kick in the butt can count on you two to both be there with the steel plated boots on! :) Just butt kicking though, no full body slams or pummeling allowed!

Today is almost over, hang in there! You KNOW you can do this!!! Oh, I can't wait to see the results!!!!! How soon after the 4-day fat fast can you expect to see a visit from the WOOOSH fairy, does it say in the book? Do you just go back to under 20 carbs a day from there or what? Just curious...

I am not sure Karen. It doesn't really say how long it will take you to lose the "weight" it just says that after 3 or 4 days it should "allow you to break through metabolic resistance".

When the fast is over you are suppose to increase your cals slowly to 1200.

I dont think I will be able to do that part. I will stay on induction though and see what happens.

Tracy

I'm laughing so hard at these posts! Luvinit has been doing some butt kicking already. I'm not so grouchy - and I'm feeling a little better. Everybody tells me to go to bed early. Have you ever gone to bed with a really hungry tummy????

I'm hoping that whoosh fairy is already at work - but we'll wait and see.

After we survive 4 days of 1000 calories 75-90% of which are fat, we get to move to 1200 cal for 7 days - pretty much the same fat percentage. After that back to Induction!

We're Slow, We're Determined, We're Hungry, and We're Grouchy!!

Did I leave anything out Tracy?

Karyn

You got it all Karyn...ROTFL. I have gone back and read some of my posts. I guess I am a bit edgy...Sorry. I just had my final meal (using that loosely). RB float with heavy cream. I am starting to feel a little more satisfied.

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter