slo’s TUESDAY poll - Coloring Your Hair

Hair Color - Is yours natural or colored?

• Mine is the natural color

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • Mine is colored - blonds

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Mine is colored - reds

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Mine is colored - brunettes

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Mine is colored - blacks

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Mine is colored - highlights

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Mine is colored - greys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is colored - fun colors like blue, purple & etc

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mine is colored - I change it all the time - never the same

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you color your hair?
If yes.....what color?

For Me.......Yes
I’ve been a fake red head since I was 23. I started going grey when I was 21 and I didn’t start coloring until the week after my honeymoon (I wanted to be my natural color for my wedding). My kids have never known me to be anything besides a redhead.
My natural hair color is a dishwater blond (definitely grey now)

Mine is colored, but it matches my natural hair color (it's very dark brown but most people would call it black.)

I got my first grey hair at 15 and by 40 I had a LOT of them. During COVID when the salons were closed, it grew out several inches and I could see just how grey it had become. (I did not attempt to dye it myself.) I guess my "natural hair color" is grey now! ;-) I strongly considered cutting off the rest and embracing the grey. My mom, mother-in-law and sister were all strongly against this idea though ("It'll make you look so... old.") so I chickened out.

Last edited:

I’m a natural blonde, but, as I started getting older, my hair got darker.

So, now, since I prefer my hair lighter, I get it colored - to its natural, lighter blonde.

My stylist says my hair lifts & holds the color well since she’s coloring my hair back to its natural, original color.

My hair is my natural color (brown). I have some grays, but not enough to be noticeable if you aren't looking for them, so I don't feel the need to start coloring it all the time yet. I have dyed it in the past just for fun.

Today my hair is natural. A light brown. By Friday, I will have blonde highlights.

Back in the 90s and early aughts, I used to get it highlighted a couple times a year. But I went natural after kids and marriage.

Anyway, I'm firmly in my mid-40s and I've started noticing a few strands of grey at my temples. No big deal when I'm mostly working from home. But in about a month I'm going to be seeing a whole lot of people at work soon, so it's time for some chemical warfare.

Other. I stopped coloring my hair two years ago, and it's now salt-and-pepper. I had been coloring it since I was 14. Last color I had was Feria's Chocolate Cherry. My hair has been blue, fuschia, and purple in the past. I went through a phase of wanting to be Molly Ringwald from 16 Candles so it was short and bright red in the 80s.

Coloring soft black (which is my natural color) since I was 41.
It would be gray/silver otherwise and that is too drastic of a change for me

I'm a natural red head, and started coloring about 4 years ago (I'm almost 49) when I started to go white.
I'm not ready to go white!
Luckily my stylist was able to match my natural color really well, so I still feel like I look like 'myself'!
Had it re-done last night as a matter of fact!

I have my natural hair colour. It’s light brown with some really nice natural blond highlights. I have a ton of gray hair but luckily it blends in and isn’t noticeable.

I'm in my mid-50s and I've been dying my hair since I was in my 20s. I've mostly stayed brunette, which is my natural color, with varying degrees of blonde highlights over the years. I go to the salon every 6 weeks to get my roots done. My hair is mostly salt & pepper at this point and I would love to just grow it out, but I have to get through that awkward growing out stage and I'm not sure I want to do that yet.

yes I'm light brown/blondish which is my natural color. If I didn't color it I think I'd be pretty gray. Can't imagine I'd ever stop coloring it.

I’ve been box-colouring mine every 4-6 weeks for the past 7 years to cover the grey. My natural shade is cool dark brown and if I let it go it would be salt-and-pepper with steely greys and I would hate that on myself. :crazy2:

To make root growth look less stark I’ve gone lighter and warmer over time and the greys colour a deep, shiny copper that look like highlights although I never bother with foils or anything. I plan to keep this look indefinitely - it’s me. My DMother coloured her hair for 50 years to maintain her natural deep auburn. We had the funeral director touch it up before we buried her at age 99. :goodvibes

I have been getting highlights since mid 20's. My hair started getting darker, and it turned that mousy brown color that was drab and dull for my skin tone. I was very lucky, the gray avoided my head until last year (thanks, Dad!!) which is a miracle because my Mom was full gray by 29 years old. Now in addition to highlights, I get lowlights and my stylist breaks the base so all gray is covered. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter