Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Not often - a few times every 6 months

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
On average, how often do you buy fast food?

For Me.....it depends on what time of year it is.
Now that my DD is in season (now until the first week of November) for softball we’ll buy fast food possibly once a week (I take our food with us to her tournaments). When we do buy fast food, the majority of time it’s a bacon & egg croissant from Dunkin Donut.
When she’s not in season, it’s maybe once a month.

not often anymore......we used to go every two weeks after a movie, but haven't been out to a movie is over a year.

Now we might get it once a month or less.....usually on movie day (which is watching a movie at home). Usually Carl's Jr or Burger King

A few times a month. Mostly once or twice a week we do carry out but not from a fast food place.

Too often. Usually Friday for lunch (local fast food greek place), and once on the weekend.

Edited to add... I think I might have a broader definition of fast food some others. I'd count pretty much anything that has a drive-thru window or is order-at-the-counter as fast food, regardless of whether it's a chain restaurant or a mom-and-pop place. The greek place I mentioned, our favorite chinese, and our favorite pizza places are all family-owned local places, but I'd still count them as fast food.

Last edited:

For the household, about once a week but honestly, it's more out of cooking fatigue than actually wanting to eat whatever it is that gets picked up. Some nights I just can't face dragging myself home from work and making supper so I grab something - chicken or pizza or hamburgers. It's all so boring and gross and as I've mentioned in other threads before, there's a night or two a week where we just scrounge up a sandwich or cereal because nobody wants more chicken or pizza or burgers.

DH drives through McDonald's on Sunday mornings after church for McMuffins, but I didn't count that. For the past year we've only been attending church in person about one-out-of-three weeks because our congregation is on a rotation due to the extremely limited Covid capacities.

Was more before but we find fast food does not travel well.

Here in Canada you can’t eat inside so I we would have to eat in the car to have hot fries....

We usually only have fast food if we travel somewhere and out and about for the day. That doesn’t happen either now.

Before this maybe once a week now ...every few months if I don’t want to cook and it’s usually pizza.

If I include all fast food types (pizza, burgers, chicken, sandwiches), we do fast food about 1x/month. We do ethnic (aka, what I can't cook) sit downs 2x/month, and then have dinner at a friend's house 1x/month...aka, I get one dinner off per week:)...

EDIT TO ADD: I'm hoping to add trivia night back 1x/month after I'm fully vaccinated (we stopped after the fall b/c our area started a peak, and then I was getting vaccinated, so we figured we'd wait), but we don't eat dinner there (we order a nice basket of fresh-fried allergy free chips and my spouse has a few beers:))...

Only a few times a year including our WDW trips. It's so much cheaper to cook at home, and being retired it's not like I don't have the time. I used to eat fast food often, but once I got out of the habit I don't really miss it.

I put other, I eat what I consider fast food once every 3 years or so (usually a Wendy’s cheeseburger), bug we do get delivery a few times a month (pizza from Italian restaurants, thai, Indian, Greek- no chains).

I agree with slo. For us, it depends on the time of year. Soccer seasons and camp season changes things for us. All winter I cook almost every day. (Taking out this winter when we did a lot of delivery and take out from local restaurants that we wanted to support during Covid restrictions) We almost always grab some sort of fast food on Fridays on the way to our camp, and sometimes on Sunday on the way home. Then soccer practice twice a week makes is hard some nights to cook, so we will just grab something from a drivethru.

I voted a few times a month. I know it’s not healthy. But sometimes those McD’s fries are just too hard to resist. I miss being able to eat inside though and I hope they open their dining rooms back up soon.

When I worked as a church secretary I would quite often go to the drive through to get breakfast and eat at my desk. Rarely get breakfast now, unless DH makes a trip to town. Then I have him bring me a ham croissanwich from Burger King. So good!

We eat 4 meals out in a typical week. Dinner on Friday and Saturday, Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Usually one is fast food. This week if was Burger King for Friday dinner. Under $6 for dinner for two, and we are addicted to their flame broiled flavor.

Kind of depends and based on the current household composition.
Right now it’s about once ever three months. I buy a pizza pie and stick the remainder in the freezer for a few Fridays to come.

I picked other because the only time I eat fast food is on vacation. When I am home I have a pretty strict budget I stick to, and if I ate fast food, I wouldn’t have money for groceries.

Other - maybe 2x a year? If we are out and about, we will find a Kwik Trip for food...salads, hard boiled eggs, etc. Usually once a year we get a craving for Taco Bell or White Castle.

Long day of driving yesterday, and with 2 hours left before we would be home, I knew my teenage was starving, so we hit a gas station for some cheese and water. Got home at 10pm and had an omelet and salad in front of him in 5 minutes.

Since DDs moved out, I rarely eat fast food. Maybe twice a year while DH and I are driving long distance toward/from a vacation destination.

I don’t consider pizza/Chinese/Wawa takeout as fast food.

I voted a couple times every other week. Sometimes it's a once or twice in one week, and then not anything for a couple weeks.

I think I might have a broader definition of fast food some others. I'd count pretty much anything that has a drive-thru window or is order-at-the-counter as fast food, regardless of whether it's a chain restaurant or a mom-and-pop place. The greek place I mentioned, our favorite chinese, and our favorite pizza places are all family-owned local places, but I'd still count them as fast food.

And I agree with this...anything that isn't any actual restaurant, where they don't serve you, I consider fast food. We actually don't eat at many chains. In-N-Out is probably the chain we frequent the most. Our favorite fast food is a local fish taco place.... 😋

A few times a month- maybe even less. Usually it’s pizza and mostly on days where I just don’t feel like cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter