Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you put salt on your watermelon?

For Me......I never put salt on my watermelon

I put salt on all melons -- watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. It brings out the flavor.

I never knew salting watermelon (or any melon) was a thing until I moved to the south. Many people do it here. I have never tried it and can’t see myself trying it. :crazy2:

I’m not a fan of watermelon.

My grandpa used to put salt on his apple.

It’s delicious with salt (cantaloupe too) and we used to always salt it growing up. It’s also good without salt and I don’t need extra salt, so I mostly eat it without now. But occasionally I’ll salt a little piece for a treat. (Mmmm..)

No salt. I try not to add much salt to anything.
My father used to salt his watermelon.
Other than him, I have never seen anyone salt it.

Other

I never salt it. It is not that I don't like it or because I don't want the extra salt. I don't just because it is not something we ever did growing up and don't have a reason to start now.

I know other do salt it.

I never had heard of salting watermelon until reading it here a number of years ago (I learn a lot here). I tried it and it was good, enhancing the sweet flavor. Go figure. I use very little, holding my plate or bowl up to the kitchen window light so I can see how much (little) I'm putting on. Very little. But it does taste good. Still, sometimes I do not salt.

Never tried it with salt and never will. Most Americans including myself get way too much sodium in the first place. Love watermelon just how it is.

Other. I am one of those few people who doesn’t like watermelon at all. I WANT to like it. Everyone else seems to enjoy it so much on a hot, summer day, but I never do. I do, however, like salt. So for me, it would be salt without the watermelon! :p

I adore watermelon. Just bought one yesterday and ate it for breakfast yesterday and today. So good.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter