Votes: 12 11.2%
  • I use whatever I pick up - no rhyme or reason

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • None of the above - I use a different color pen

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
Black, only black-and then only a BIC Round Stic Medium. I know that's oddly specific, but I go through so many notepads writing myself lists or notes. I found this pen to be the best for my needs. I hate blue ink-I don't know if it's something in the formula or what, but I'm left handed and always seem to wind up with more ink on the side of my hand when I used blue ink. It doesn't seem to dry as fast. Could be all in my head.

Almost exclusively blue ink. Mostly, it started because at work we were required to use blue ink pens to prove original signature. Now, I have to search to find a pen that isn't blue, such as when I was renewing my passport and the darn thing had to be signed in black ink.

Either, it depends on which pen I pick up.

8th Grade English class, or rather “Language Arts.” 1974-75. Mrs. Townsend. She said to write assignments in either blue, black, or blue-black ink. I never heard of blue-black, but, yes, there was such a thing. But I haven’t seen it in decades, not that I really looked.

I liked those fat pens with 4 colors, blue, black, red, and green.
View attachment 735373

One nun in Catholic school forbid ball point pens. We had to use cartridge pens, with messy little ink tubes.
I swear it’s my most favorite pen - I have one on my desk at work, one on my desk at home and the only pen I use for keeping score in my score book for DD19’s softball games.
I love it ❤️

I will use either. I am a pen thief from hotels, and most of them are black ink, so I probably use black ink 80-85% of the time. Haven't bought a pen in many years.

Reactions: slo
This here should be the topic of another poll: Writing checks.

Do you write checks at the checkout aisle, or just for bills?

I recall being in lines and hearing everyone utter a communal moan the moment a check book breaks out.
Yes - I already thought about it ::yes::
You will probably see it Monday 🙂👍🏻

I will use either. I am a pen thief from hotels, and most of them are black ink, so I probably use black ink 80-85% of the time. Haven't bought a pen in many years.
I’m a pen thief too from Chase bank (I love their pens) and from Planet Fitness (I love purple ink pens too)

I used to prefer blank ink. My boss uses only blue ink and doesn’t want different colored ink in our mammo qc logs. Now, I’ve gotten used to blue. I don’t really care at this point. Either is fine. If I am home just making list or Disney trip planning, I also like green or purple.

Pentel WOW pens are my favorite. I stock up during back to school sales. People at work always try to “forget” to give them back after they borrow them.

D632872C-213E-4FD6-B36C-5551F28F12EC.jpeg

I do an exercise from the book and course The Artist's Way of handwriting and doodling in a journal, to help spark creativity. I alternate black and blue for every other entry. It helps me see how much I've written on a specific day and where each entry begins and ends.

If I come up with an idea or realization I really think is important and I want to go back to it, I will circle it or highlight it with a red pen.

I prefer black but sometimes the person who orders supplies gets blue so I’m stuck with blue - then I say order black - I get a box of black and everyone takes them and I’m stuck with blue again 🤣🤣 So I say again order black and they are like I just did and I’m like they are gone 🤷‍♀️ thus happens all the time - I have the same issue at home - they just disappear - proof gone - those blue pens - can’t give them away - I’ve tried !!

Because of journaling so much, I'm always on the hunt for free pens which write well, as I go through so many. I attend a lot of seminars, conferences, lectures, courses, and also work various special events where they give out free, promotional pens with their company name on the side. It is actually hard to find blue pens. I'd say a good 95% of the events give out black pens. When I do find a company giving out blue pens, I ask if I can have a few, since they are so rare.

Last edited:
Pretty colored pens, Pinkxray. Staples at one time had a half dozen or so colorful gel pens by the register to try out. I think they also had a Papermate display, too. Colors make notes and greetings more fun :)

My current favorite pen is copper, but I have all kinds of colors: Bright purple, dark purple, magenta, pink, orange, green, lime, turquoise, blue, black, denim blue, red. I love grading in different colors; it keeps me from being quite as bored. When I have to sign something "official," I'll use either blue or black, whatever I grab first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter