Slinky Dog in the evenings...

melana

DIS Veteran
so this may be a crazy question, but do the lines for Slinky ever go down in the evenings? We couldn’t get FP and HS is one of our evening parks on our upcoming trips. We plan to head over around 430 and have a 710pm Mama Melrose Reservation. Do you think that would be doable if we went straight to Slinky when we get there?

We have an Early Morning Magic for TSL just for Slinky but I’ve been reading mixed reviews of that and I am trying to get out of doing that because it is the morning afternoon our Christmas party.

21 days to go and I now start second guessing all our plans.. typical!!

The lines may go down in the evening, but 4:30 isn't really evening. Sometimes the lines will drop as it gets closer to Fantasmic or the fireworks show. Ideally, you're going to get into line right before the park closes. After closing, there are no more fast passes, so the line will move much faster.

When we rode as a FP in the afternoon, the standby line was enormous, but we walked right on after just a couple of minutes from the FP queue. I actually felt like they should have been putting more standby guests on per FP rider, given how many people were in line.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money on EMM just for SDD. It's a nice coaster, but it's just a basic coaster with good theming. It's also WAY better when experienced in the dark. In your situation, I'd plan to do SDD after your ADR or get into line when you arrive at 4:30 and plan to bring something to occupy your 90-minute or so wait in line.

The lines for everything get short close to closing time, but the posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

I checked Slinky on Wednesday just for an example. The posted wait about a half hour before close was 50 minutes. There were no actual wait times reported, but it was likely in the 15-20 minute range based on Disney closing practices.

If you're wanting a SDD FP (or any other TSL FP) for times starting between 4-5PM then I suggest checking for same day FP's at exactly 2:31PM....but shhhhh lol

*Disclaimer: Past performance in no guarantee of future results

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Between some of your suggestions and a discussion with my niece..I think I’m gonna let the extra morning hours go. She has agreed to stand in line if we do not secure a same day FP. Who knows we may get lucky. LOL

We just weren’t looking forward to doing the Christmas Party till midnight and getting back up super early for the 7am morning hours.

Thanks everyone. Between some of your suggestions and a discussion with my niece..I think I’m gonna let the extra morning hours go. She has agreed to stand in line if we do not secure a same day FP. Who knows we may get lucky. LOL

We just weren’t looking forward to doing the Christmas Party till midnight and getting back up super early for the 7am morning hours.

If you go in the morning, check at exactly 9:31 for a FP starting between 11-12.

Just wondering... Is 9:31 a special time for a reason?

I've been hesitant to say anything for 2 reasons. First, things change so quickly and second, I check in in 8 days and don't want to jinx it but I've noticed consistent FP drops twice per day for the past 2 weeks (that was just when I noticed them). At 9:31 FP's for starting from 11-12 drop for all TSL rides. This drop is gradual over a few minutes unlike the previous Pandora ones which seemed to be a lot of times at once and then done. At 2:31 it does the same but for FP's starting from 4-5. Some other random times might show up during these few minutes but I would guess those happen to be people switching existing FP's as they haven't been consistent. Here's a sample from yesterday PM (and I've checked many times before stating this because I hate to post false info...of course this can change anytime). These are not normal FP movement.

Screenshot_20181124-143115_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20181124-143121_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20181124-143144_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20181124-143151_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20181124-143230_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20181124-143250_Disney World.jpg

If you're wanting a SDD FP (or any other TSL FP) for times starting between 4-5PM then I suggest checking for same day FP's at exactly 2:31PM....but shhhhh lol

*Disclaimer: Past performance in no guarantee of future results

Have you ever noticed any drops for later in the evening?

Have you ever noticed any drops for later in the evening?

I haven't so far but haven't really watched for it either. I kind of stumbled across these 2 on different days when I was playing around with FP's instead of working while sitting at the office lol. If I come across any others I'll mention them.

I did forget to mention that I believe during the 2:31 drop they also release ToT and RnR FP's, also for 4-5. I don't think they do that with the morning drop.

I did forget to mention that I believe during the 2:31 drop they also release ToT and RnR FP's, also for 4-5. I don't think they do that with the morning drop.

I don't typically quote myself but wanted to correct this. I figured because ToT wasnt showing dropped times in the AM that RnR wasn't as well but, at least today when I watched closer, RnR did in fact have additional FP's as well. I just hadn't watched close enough because I was more focused on SDD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter