Slightly OT: Beauty and the Beast 3D

disneydownunder

Earning My Ears
So cool, an WDW Australia SectioN! I am from Melbourne, going to Disney World in Feb for 14 days for my 5th wedding anniversary. I have been to Disneyland twice before, first time at Disneyworld!

Anyhoo, I know this is slightly off topic of WDW but I was just wondering who is going to be seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D at Hoyts Cinemas?. I cannot believe Australia and NZ are the only countries at the moment that will be getting this. This may be the only time in history that if your a Disney fan in Australia, it pays off. The Only, only time!:)

Just got tickets for the Advance Screening this Saturday!. Cannot Wait!
Just be careful a person at hoyts told me it is excusively at Hoyts and (at the moment) maybe just a 1 week Run! (that could change depending on popularity)

Cannot Wait!

How exciting, I might just check out tickets for that now. I might take DD, I loved Beauty & the Beast as a child!

Thanks!

Cannot wait for Beauty and the Beast. I am glad WDW has some Beauty and the Beast stuff (and getting more!), when I went to Disneyland I would say the only dissapointment my wife and I had was Beauty and the Beast is not really represented.

I will let you know how the movie is!. Curious to see how 2D will look 3D, and if nothing less to see B&TB on the big screen again!

We have tickets for 3 September at Chadstone. I'm so excited. I haven't told the kids yet but I know they will be excited too.

Welcome to the boards! I didn't even about it, so thanks for heads up. Will check it out now.

Well I too DD today and she loved it :lovestruc I wasn't sure how she would be as she is only 2.5 but she watched the whole thing. She was mesmerised! She wasn't keen on the 3D glasses but she watched it fine without. She even clapped at the end :flower3:

Here is a pic of her wearing the glasses

47164_423695946782_544346782_5373872_4666028_n.jpg

What an experience.

The 3D was amazing for a 2D traditional animated film. Like a beautiful pop up storybook. It gave depth to trees, foreground and background objects hardly ever distracting but more immersive. The Highlights of the 3D being Be our Guest and the classic title song in the ballroom.
But forget the 3D for the moment, the main draw card for me and my wife was seeing it on the Big Screen again with wonderful sound.

If you are near a Hoyts that is showing it, see it! It apparently has been put on hold in every other country but Australia and NZ.

P.S: Stay for a minor surprise during the end credits exclusive to the theatrical 3D version. Nothing earth shattering but very nice!

It was also nice to see John Lassater was the producer of the 3D version, the quality and care can be seen.
The limited run starts this Thursday!, The Blu Ray 2D and DVD 2D will be available in October, cannot wait!

I got my dates all mixed up but did go to see it yesterday. We loved it. I agree with Disneydownunder that it was just wonderful to see it on the big screen. The 3D was a bonus. My kids have been begging to take the day off school today to go and see it again, they loved it that much. They are going to school but we would love the chance to go again.

It's actually not uncommon for the US to trial things here before they're released over there. We're a very similar market, and it helps them work out what works and what doesn't.

For example the computer game Sims 3 was released here at least 6 months before it was released in the US

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter