Skyliner to Monorail?

roctavia

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to get from the Skyliner at Epcot to the monorail stop without having a park ticket? I know the skyliner drops off at the International gateway, so it's not near the monorail....

Is there a way to get from the Skyliner at Epcot to the monorail stop without having a park ticket? I know the skyliner drops off at the International gateway, so it's not near the monorail....
Exit through the international gateway and walk over to the Beach Club and catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom. You can get on the monorail at the Magic Kingdom without a park ticket.

What are you trying to accomplish, what hotel are you coming from? You can take the skyliner to Studios instead of Epcot & catch a bus to any of the monorail hotels from there.
We are staying at Pop... We will have dinner at the contemporary our first night.... I know the normal way is bus to MK and then monorail or walk from there, I was thinking if there was a more fun way to get there without busses.... but it doesn't really look like it.

It's not a big deal, we will still have plenty of rides on the skyliner :P

We are staying at Pop... We will have dinner at the contemporary our first night.... I know the normal way is bus to MK and then monorail or walk from there, I was thinking if there was a more fun way to get there without busses.... but it doesn't really look like it.

It's not a big deal, we will still have plenty of rides on the skyliner :P
How about taking the Skyliner to DHS then boarding the bus to the Contemporary?

A fun way would be to take the skyliner to Epcot and then explore the Boardwalk area. Catch a bus from there to MK.

A fun way would be to take the skyliner to Epcot and then explore the Boardwalk area. Catch a bus from there to MK.
That might actually be a really good option since our meal isn't until a little later and we don't have a park day... we'll see how the weather is or if the kids would rather go to the pool instead of exploring!

You could do all the transportation modes:
  1. Skyliner Pop to Epcot
  2. Boat to DHS
  3. Bus to Poly
  4. Monorail to Contemporary

Does anyone know if there is still a bus from DHS to Epcot main entrance? Then OP could bus from DHS to Epcot to take monorail.

You could do all the transportation modes:
  1. Skyliner Pop to Epcot
  2. Boat to DHS
  3. Bus to Poly
  4. Monorail to Contemporary

Does anyone know if there is still a bus from DHS to Epcot main entrance? Then OP could bus from DHS to Epcot to take monorail.
Yes the park to park bus is running but only during park hoping hours.

This is soooo frustrating to me… a walking path outside of Epcot from the Skyliner to the Monorail would be very cheap and bridge that gap, allowing travel without using a bus.
Anyone know if there are plans to expand the Skyliner routes, while this would be very very expensive, it would be such a fantastic addition. Keeping in mind, I am being a bit self serving as our Home Resort is Riviera.

This is soooo frustrating to me… a walking path outside of Epcot from the Skyliner to the Monorail would be very cheap and bridge that gap, allowing travel without using a bus.
Anyone know if there are plans to expand the Skyliner routes, while this would be very very expensive, it would be such a fantastic addition. Keeping in mind, I am being a bit self serving as our Home Resort is Riviera.
A walkway would actually be difficult for Disney to do. It would have been better to just have the Skyliner Station at the front of the park. Plus then my beloved International Gateway would still be a quiet spot overlooked by most guests. :D

Skyliner + walk + monorail to TTC + monorail to MK would probably take you over an hour to get to Magic Kingdom. I don't see a huge demand for that vs the 20 minute bus ride.

Skyliner + walk + monorail to TTC + monorail to MK would probably take you over an hour to get to Magic Kingdom. I don't see a huge demand for that vs the 20 minute bus ride.
True, I am more thinking about Resort hoping for dining and entertainment. We are Epcot and DHS people, hence us choosing RIV as our home resort. Was just romanticizing about being able to get to the MK Resorts without busing thats all.

I doubt they’ll ever put a walkway there. It’s backstage areas with maintenance vehicles, supply trucks etc. plus a water channel. The gardens in the England pavilion don’t have much room behind them either. They’d have to do a lot to make it safe for guests. I don’t think there’s enough demand from guests or benefit to Disney to take on that expense.

The backstage areas on that side of the park are too important; there would be no way to build an onstage walkway there without disrupting all of those backstage operations. You’d also be surprised just how far backstage the World Showplace extends.

The backstage areas on that side of the park are too important; there would be no way to build an onstage walkway there without disrupting all of those backstage operations. You’d also be surprised just how far backstage the World Showplace extends.
It’s instructive to look at the satellite view in Google Maps to get a better idea of what Ross is describing. There is a perimeter road (company and service vehicles only, I assume) called Avenue of the Stars that goes around all of Epcot. It would be quite a hike from the International Gateway to the front entrance even if that road were accessible, which it is not now and will not be In the future.

It’s instructive to look at the satellite view in Google Maps to get a better idea of what Ross is describing. There is a perimeter road (company and service vehicles only, I assume) called Avenue of the Stars that goes around all of Epcot. It would be quite a hike from the International Gateway to the front entrance even if that road were accessible, which it is not now and will not be In the future.
Mostly company and service vehicles, yes. I perform at events in the World Showplace every so often; for those events we are given drive-on access and can park right there, but even so, parking space back there is extremely limited. The road is narrow and definitely would never accommodate an onstage walkway that didn’t require admission to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter