Sizing/quality question about Children's Place coats

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
DD4 is in need of a warm jacket, so I have started the search. I like some from The Children's Place, but first wanted to know if the quality is good. Also, my daughter is 4- would I need to go with a size 4 or a 5/6? I'd love to get her a slightly longer, stylish one, but not spend a ton. Anywhere else I should check?

DD has had coats from CP and they were nice. I think they run a bit snug, especially when they need to go over sweaters, etc. so I would order a size up. HTH!!

I've always bought a size up for my dds. Sometimes I've had 2 years of wear out of a coat, and it was still nice enough to pass down to my younger child. The coats are always the most adorable, but I have always bought at end of season and got the coats for around $15 instead of $40 or more. The look of the coats always stays nice, and they wash well, but I have had zippers break - split or rip. I would suggest that if a coat has a zipper, make sure it still has snaps or toggles, unless you're good at fixing that sort of thing.

Just got my DS 2 at CP one is lined Corderoy and the other is lined with wooly stuff he is 4 and wears 4 T The coats fit but would be tight if he had on more than a long sleeve shirt under it. I would go up a size.

I got my dd3 a nice looking long coat from H&M while in Chicago. We're still waiting on one here in Atlanta. It was $30.

I prefer Old Navy to Children's Place for most stuff. They have some cute winter coats right now. I guess it really depends on where you live, and how practical the coat needs to be.

Good luck!

I buy my kids LLBean jackets. They are more expensive but they get at least two years wear out of them and if the zipper breaks or anything else LLBean will replace it for free.

My girls love their Children's Place coats - I buy a little bigger for sweaters underneath & whatnot. Also I get two years out of their coats. They have some nice coats.

I always buy CP clothes for my kids and yes I woiuld go up a size and get mroe wear out of it. Cp clothes tend to last and you can use it for more than one kid unlike old navy.

I buy all dd's clothes at children's place. I love the quality and style. It can be a bit pricey but I live near an outlet and it saves a bunch. I am addicted to that store!!! :goodvibes There may be one near you!

Both of my kids have a coat from CP. This is the 2nd year for both. I usually get one size up and they are just a little big for the first year and fit great the second. They need a little extra room with warm clothes underneath anyways. I got mine after season for around $12 each. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter