Six hours in Orlando - young 20s couple. Where should they go?

christophfam

DIS Veteran
Beach family vacation and some have different return flights out of Orlando. My son and his girlfriend will have six hours to kill before their late evening flight. Parks are too expensive for such a short time. I’m thinking maybe the Orlando Icon or Disney Springs? They won’t have a car (will be dropped off by grandparents) and will have to Uber to the airport from whichever spot they choose. I haven’t been to the eye and haven’t been to downtown Disney since he was a young boy. Open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Awe darn put this in the wrong thread. Can someone move it to Orlando Hotels and Attractions? So sorry,

Beach family vacation and some have different return flights out of Orlando. My son and his girlfriend will have six hours to kill before their late evening flight. Parks are too expensive for such a short time. I’m thinking maybe the Orlando Icon or Disney Springs? They won’t have a car (will be dropped off by grandparents) and will have to Uber to the airport from whichever spot they choose. I haven’t been to the eye and haven’t been to downtown Disney since he was a young boy. Open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Honestly 6 hours isn't that long. Not sure their age and what they like but I'd probably choose Disney Springs. Get a nice meal somewhere, wander about, enjoy the random entertainment and maybe try The Void. My kid (30) and his friends did it and had a great time, even the gals who weren't sure. And if they drink, and it's since not driving a few good spots. Have them look at the Edison. Plenty to do there to keep them busy, hot air balloon, bowling, movies ...

https://www.disneysprings.com/activities/the-void/
https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/the-edison/
PS We have been to the Eye ... it's fine but not worth going out of your way unless you are doing things around it like the high flying terrifying swing thing, Wax Museum etc. Wouldn't wow me.

I highly recommend The Void at Disney Springs. Our whole group loved it! In fact, we went back and did it again it was so much fun.

My parents drop my sister off at the airport at 12 and my sons flight isn’t until 8pm so way too much time to stay at the airport.

My son and his girlfriend are very outdoorsy people. They don’t play videos games ever. Would they still enjoy the Void? Maybe for something different or do gamers enjoy this way more? It does look kind of cool!

I'm assuming they will have luggage with them, so dragging stuff around Disney Springs and/or trying to find locker space to store it sounds like a real PITA to me to just wander around, maybe eat a meal and/or do The Void/Shopping.

If they're outdoorsy, I'd find something closer to the airport - like the Water Cable park (they have locker rooms to change/clean up) or Drive Shack (same concept as Top Golf - they can be outside, play some golf games, eat and relax). There are also a couple great breweries up in the Lake Nona area near the airport as well.

Disney Springs for a few hours would be my vote. Spend some time looking at the stores and have something to eat before heading to the airport.

luggage is the issue in this situation .... dragging even small rolling bags around Disney Springs is a PITA IMO

an option that hasn't been mentioned is to simply get a 'day room' at the Hyatt in the airport. There are a bunch of places to eat and shop in MCO, outside of security and you can be fresh when time to board your flight rather than sweaty from a day in Orlando HEAT depending on the time of the year.

In my youth, I dropped off friends with a later flight at a hotel near the airport with a pool, then they took the hotel shuttle to the airport and gave the driver a nice tip. It probably wouldn't work well these days, as most pools seem to have a key-accessed fence...plus, I'm sure it's not technically allowed by the hotel!

I'd also vote for Disney Springs...but spending the time there with luggage doesn't sound ideal. If they just want to relax and have an easy day, I'd second the day room at the MCO Hyatt hotel.

Thanks for all the replies. I did think about the luggage but thought they could just check it super early when they drop my sister off. I have since learned that it’s four hours max and even less for some airlines.

I think a day room may be a good option. Although I’m such a Universal fan that I may try to snag a cheap room at CB or Adventura where they can drop the luggage, use the pool and go to citywalk for eating, shopping, putt putt or a movie. We’ve been many times so my son would know the layout and where to go. That would be helpful with the short amount of time. Wish I could swing tickets for them, but that’s just too expensive for six hours.

If I can figure out what to do with the luggage, sounds like Disney Springs is the winner over the eye. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter