Sister Wives

Yep. If this is all supposed to be for "religion" then I really, really want to quote the Bible to him. Yes, the Bible states that wives should "submit to their husbands" but the very next line commands husbands to "love your wife as Christ loves the church." Call me crazy, but... I don't think Kody is doing that.

True! Also, I get that is polygamy is part of Kody's religion, but it doesn't seem like he's suited for it. He especially can't handle having multiple wives who are independent and not afraid to voice their opinions.

Between that and him swearing like a drunken sailor lately, he seems to have lost a lot of the moral high ground he always pretended to have.
Yes, I've noticed too, and Janelle fired the F-bomb :eek: at him two episodes ago. :scratchin It makes me wonder if their whole worldview and standards of behavior have just completely changed or if the earlier years of the show were just some kind of careful facade?

Were they bizarrely celebrating Kody & Janelle's anniversary perhaps? Who has champagne at a random, casual dinner out? :confused: And yeah, when the adult kids were teens, alcohol was completely forbidden. :rolleyes1

I love a glass of prosecco and often order it at any restaurant that doesn't require a bottle purchase. Although if I'm with my sisters, we go for the bottle.

Yes, I've noticed too, and Janelle fired the F-bomb :eek: at him two episodes ago. :scratchin It makes me wonder if their whole worldview and standards of behavior have just completely changed or if the earlier years of the show were just some kind of careful facade?

Some of these changes are just the passage of time. I curse more now than I ever did when my kids were young. They have also been out of their family bubble for years now. Surely I'm not the only one who's changed a lot over 10/12 years.

I love a glass of prosecco and often order it at any restaurant that doesn't require a bottle purchase. Although if I'm with my sisters, we go for the bottle.

Some of these changes are just the passage of time. I curse more now than I ever did when my kids were young. They have also been out of their family bubble for years now. Surely I'm not the only one who's changed a lot over 10/12 years.
I was just thinking that. They are no longer the young, obedient wives. He’s left them alone for years and they naturally grew. They didn’t grow together with him because he didn’t grow while they did.

I was just thinking that. They are no longer the young, obedient wives. He’s left them alone for years and they naturally grew. They didn’t grow together with him because he didn’t grow while they did.

It would be very hard to grow with someone that you only see once or twice a week. I think that is a big part of what is happening.

I, also, think that Kody and Christine never had a great relationship. He was never really "into" her. A man in his 20's and 30's has the libido to keep up with 3 or 4 women and can do that without needing to really like the women. A man in his 50's... not so much. Especially when you don't like 2 of them. Add in that he is one of the most selfish people ever and here they are.

Maybe, but as a person of faith, I'd have to be moving away from my core beliefs to do something that I had previously considered as being morally wrong. I'm not personally saying I see swearing or drinking that way; just that both behaviors are very much violations of Mormon standards.

Maybe, but as a person of faith, I'd have to be moving away from my core beliefs to do something that I had previously considered as being morally wrong. I'm not personally saying I see swearing or drinking that way; just that both behaviors are very much violations of Mormon standards.

i know the word 'screw' is not considered swearing for allot of people but it would not fly in the homes of most if not all of the faith based homes i've been exposed to-especially coming from a teenager who is speaking about other ADULT family members let alone in front of 2 very young siblings. i don't know if robyn doesn't want to correct her kids on camera but dang, esp. in even the lds light homes i've known-that daughter would have been told to watch her language and reminded she sets and example for the younger ones.

I, too, am a person of faith but the Practice of that faith has changed greatly from my strict fundamental evangelical upbringing.

I see the same in the Browns. I do not see any faith practices in any of their homes. At this point polygamy seems to be their only religious based practice.

Many of us deconstruct the religion we were raised in and the Browns seem to have done that.

Just watched today's episode on Discovery Plus.....and wow. I'd never look back if I were Christine. Kody is just so cold it's ridiculous and I don't blame her one bit.
Does anybody know the prospects for "remarriage" for this type of polygamists? I'm not talking legally; they are of course free to marry because they're not legally married in the first place. I mean within their belief system. As the only wife who has officially "left" the marriage, can Christine be joined (or sealed or whatever they call it) to somebody else? Do polygamists even bother getting together if they are past child-bearing?

Does anybody know the prospects for "remarriage" for this type of polygamists? I'm not talking legally; they are of course free to marry because they're not legally married in the first place. I mean within their belief system. As the only wife who has officially "left" the marriage, can Christine be joined (or sealed or whatever they call it) to somebody else? Do polygamists even bother getting together if they are past child-bearing?

they wouldn't be 'sealed' b/c they weren't married in the temple but even absent it if they are following their faith they are married for eternity. this is one of the reasons i've always thought that meri is hanging on-she seems to have the deepest belief in this and knows that despite her legal divorce, despite kody basically abandoning her-they are in it for eternity.

the books i've read in the past on polygamists has indicated some marriages later in life (out of child producing years) but i think those were largly a result of having been widowed.

Okay. Wait a second. Let me see if I’ve got this straight. Kody says he doesn’t want an intimate marriage. He doesn’t understand why she doesn’t want him sleeping in “her” (his words…. Possessive nouns [*giggles* I originally got autocorrected "bounds" here, and that actually still fits, in a weird way.] are important in this post…) bed. Then she packs his stuff up. He says he doesn’t know how serious she is and doesn’t really believe she’s serious. Huh. Maybe not taking her seriously and not believing her is part of what got you into this in the first place. Then he says he’s been kicked out of “his” house. That he’s hardly stayed at least 9 months. And every other time he refers to the houses by his wives names. He’s NEVER called any house “his” or “their” house. Huh. Maybe that’s another problem.

Then he says he’s [can’t remember the word he used] and immediately contradicts himself by saying he’s relieved.

Kody has lost his mind!

Also, I had to laugh at the comment about the book box. “I didn’t realize I read that much!” Kody. Just because you have books doesn’t mean you read them. So if you “didn’t realize you read that much” then… you don’t read that much. 😂

Also, as someone who has never has any intimate or even romantic feelings towards anyone and has never been on so much as a date, even I realize that a marriage with no intimacy or romance isn’t sustainable.

Last edited:
Ten years Christine and Kody have had issues. Should be no surprise.

I have known other women who have tried to get through to their husband, but he never believed them until they walked. I am always so proud and cheer that they got out and the clueless men finally got what was coming to them.

And for Kody to have other wives and places of stuff, he sure had a lot of boxes at Christine’s.

Did they ever say if Janelle and her daughter had covid?

If only, Janelle and Meri would walk, too.

So is the only wife he’s intimate with is Robyn? I found it very upsetting when he said he’s only concerned with his minor children not the adult children. I don’t know any parents who don’t still worry about their kids even even into their 20s. They are driving, dating and away from home which causes more gray hairs for Mom and usually Dad. You don’t just forget about them once they turn 18!
Have a feeling this will be the last year of the show. Not sure who wants to watch just him and Robyn. I would read a book by Christine if she wrote one though lol

The preview of next week’s tell-all showed clips of Meri and Janelle commenting on the split. It will be interesting to see who they blame. popcorn:: Theoretically, isn’t it their “marriage” too that has just been fractured? I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been more collaboration/discussions between the women about Christine’s plan to leave and no mention of counselling or submission to church authorities.

I also wonder what happened to Paedon, Gwendolyn and Ysabelle. Snips of news only mention Christine and Truly living in Utah. And as for financial support, there was mention last night of Christine’s “inventory”. Does she still do Lularoe? Does anybody? I thought that pyramid collapsed. :confused:

Don't forget about Robyn!! Cue the ugly cries!!
I didn’t notice her commenting on it. Only moaning about the elephant in the room - that she exposed everyone to Covid via her “nanny” and fishing for sympathy. :sad2: This is NOT nice on my part, admittedly, but it would have been darkly satisfying if that household had contracted Covid. 😈 Janelle and Christine used the correct term - ironic. Unfortunate it’s Gabe and Garrison who did and although we didn’t see Kody and/or Robyn’s reaction, I’m sure they will be vilified.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter