Sister Wives

I will probably totally screw it up in a game of telephone, someone posted it here a couple of months back - CdnCarrie did I think.

----------

When he started to date Christine she was overweight. One night while at the drive-in??? I think with another couple, he was in the front seat and Christine was in the back.

She was eating nachos. He looked back at her and she had cheese on her face. The combination of that and her being overweight grossed him out.

He wrote that - or at least relayed that - about his wife, the mother of his children. Sigh.

yup that’s what he wrote in a published book about his wife. Just awful.

Does anyone understand why he even married Christine? Of all four, she seems like the one he was never really interested in and he's never really faked it, even for the cameras. He's just never been that into her.

Does anyone understand why he even married Christine? Of all four, she seems like the one he was never really interested in and he's never really faked it, even for the cameras. He's just never been that into her.

Maybe because she came from money?

There was a time period that Kody and Christine seemed the most connected as a couple, to me.

Obviously you never thought that, eh? :surfweb:

There was a time period that Kody and Christine seemed the most connected as a couple, to me.

Obviously you never thought that, eh? :surfweb:
Absolutely never. Like you, I remember the comments in the book, foremost. And the anniversary trip where Kody took her to Galveston to do some odd arts-and-crafts project revolving around family unity, instead of a romantic weekend. I honestly don't remember a time, in all the seasons, that Christine wasn't completely candid about her jealousies and insecurities.

Absolutely never. Like you, I remember the comments in the book, foremost. And the anniversary trip where Kody took her to Galveston to do some odd arts-and-crafts project revolving around family unity, instead of a romantic weekend. I honestly don't remember a time, in all the seasons, that Christine wasn't completely candid about her jealousies and insecurities.
That project was her idea if I remember right. Problem was she wanted to focus on them and he wanted to make it about the whole family. He definitely was ignoring her cues.

Weren’t Christine and Meri friends? It’s been a long time but I feel like Meri brought her in.

I think Robyn’s “baby hunger” in part comes from seeing how Kody changed his relationships with the other wives as their children age. What better way to keep him pinned to her family than to have a baby so that he “needs” to be there. She’s not ready to move onto another stage in life which can be difficult for many women even those who aren’t married to jerks.

I read the book ages ago, but I’m pretty sure she heavily pursued him and he was kind of wishy washy about her at the time (no surprise there).
Well, geez, no wonder she’s insecure. I imagine if he wasn’t “that into her” but married her anyway that’s always going to be in the back of her head. With him and Meri being lukewarm and cold off and on their whole marriage and Janelle being the “buddy” Christine as the stay at home mom/dutiful wife probably felt at least safe in her role. Then Robyn comes along and Kody is TOTALLY into her. She had to pursue him and then someone just comes along and takes her place. I guess I should have read the book. There’s insight there I wasn’t privy to.

On a side note my DH was in the kitchen (with his back to the TV) when I had it on. He pays zero attention to the show, never comments but during the whole digging out the car scene he kept making comments like “well, did you think to teach her how to handle something like that?” “Really Dude, you’re going to throw your WIFE under the bus?” To me, “what the hell is wrong with this guy?” 😂 He was really irritated with the way Kody talked about his wives and kids.

He has said many times that Janelle was his best friend.
::yes:: Yeah, and you can see it; they have an entirely different kind of relationship. I was actually shocked to hear him speaking so harshly about her in the last episode - he never does that to Janelle. And if you read the book, they really were a very compatible couple and apparently very in love when they "married". That made Meri insanely jealous and she then tormented Janelle in the early days. There was a separation that took place; Janelle up and left but it was in response to the dynamic with Meri, not Kody.

I don't think he seemed interested in any of them other than from the standpoint that this was who was available to become his wives. Every time he talks about one of them and how they met, it sounds like a business deal to me. With the exception of Robyn maybe.

This is going to sound really judgey and it is lol...but I have thought from day one that Kody is way out of the league of every one of his wives if we're going on looks and he did at one point seem to have a really decent personality. That sends a message of insecurity in him IMO. And it may not be that at all, but I've always wondered why this good looking dude wasn't able to find wives that seem a bit more in line with what he looks like? Seems like in his community it must have been slim pickins. We see these other polygamist friends of theirs and those wives aren't bad looking. I would have thought that Kody, in that religion, would have been the total catch and he could've had his pick of ladies. Even Robyn, who is considered to be the most attractive isn't really THAT attractive. I'd like to think that he saw deeper than skin deep, but I can't give him that much credit lol.

::yes:: Yeah, and you can see it; they have an entirely different kind of relationship. I was actually shocked to hear him speaking so harshly about her in the last episode - he never does that to Janelle. And if you read the book, they really were a very compatible couple and apparently very in love when they "married". That made Meri insanely jealous and she then tormented Janelle in the early days. There was a separation that took place; Janelle up and left but it was in response to the dynamic with Meri, not Kody.
I don't remember ever reading that they were really in love? I remember Janelle saying that Kody and Meri were totally in love, and that she (Janelle) would have to sit there like a third wheel while Meri and Kody cuddled up together like newlyweds watching tv. I only ever got the impression that they were close friends and that it seemed more like a logical step to get married because, she was so good with money.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter