Sippers and Dappers - micro report w/pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Lines for the popcorn buckets and sippers were pretty severe at the park today. I’d hoped to grab a few things but by around noon all stations were sold out. No surprises. A few CMs told me that the expect more this summer and there seems to be little if any info about possible availability next weekend. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see.

In general, crowds were heavy beginning at rope drop and, as is typical, only got heavier. I suspect that much of that was due to the limited-edition merch. A small minority of guests were dressed for Dapper Day - perhaps 15%, which included me.

I got on late last night from my flight back from Chicago. Being tired combined with the crowds and heat made the park a challenging place to be today. As a result, I only got a few pics and also left by 12:30. So: here they are.
CAAC8683-F881-40A5-A1A6-80BA762076B7.jpeg060ED498-F02B-462C-9430-122A257DA803.jpeg67E597A5-9E99-4E30-B202-BCD3281E43C3.jpeg559BBB40-4A55-4B6A-A982-573538D3C7B1.jpeg

2959784C-4C3F-4A70-88AA-B993EBB3ADCD.jpeg
The line for the LE merch at around 10:30.
CCB4204D-A781-48EC-BE03-587B165274FC.jpeg
6F6F6D23-5FCF-4E9F-B3B9-C0B555B956FE.jpeg

Last edited:
You looked very dapper despite the heat!

The merch lines would drive me crazy, but I'd also hope that would mean shorter lines for rides ;). doesn't always work out that way though!

We saw your name on the Buzz leader board when we rode around 10 so I was able to regale my extended family (on their first trip) with tales of your exploits -- they were suitably impressed since their scores were in the 30,000 range. My 11-year old was pleased with his all-time score of 372,300.

We were also disappointed by the small number of Dapper Day participants at Disneyland in the early part of the day, especially compared to fall Dapper Day. Other than a fairly high concentration waiting for Photopass photos in front of the castle, they were very sparse throughout the park. Interestingly, when we hopped to California Adventure in the afternoon we saw far more well-dressed people, especially in Hollywood Land. I'm thinking people just rolled in late and were appreciating the overlap between Dapper Day and Food and Wine.

My sister managed to grab one of the popcorn buckets for a friend on Saturday afternoon with only a 20-minute wait -- she got hers in the hub, but popcorn stand across from Star Traders had them too and seemed to have a pretty short line around the same time. I did think it was funny on Sunday morning to see people "rope dropping" the Jolly Holiday Bakery to try and get a turtle sipper.

We went late afternoon that first release day (spent the first half of the day in DCA) and ended up getting both the popcorn bucket and sipper with less than a 15-minute wait in each line.
We saw the lineups on Main Street still, but the Tomorrowland kiosks worked well if all you're after is the bucket and sipper. :)
So for those looking, we definitely recommend heading into Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter