"Single mom" and 3 year old. Which resort?

I didn't go as the *solo* parent until DS was older, but when we started we stayed where I wanted to stay. Visits to resorts can be done to see whatever Disney stuff you want to see, while staying at the resort that makes you happy.

After all, you aren't going to be going on all the rides you might want to go in, so you might as well make the reset stay *exactly* what you want.

I didn't go as the *solo* parent until DS was older, but when we started we stayed where I wanted to stay. Visits to resorts can be done to see whatever Disney stuff you want to see, while staying at the resort that makes you happy.

After all, you aren't going to be going on all the rides you might want to go in, so you might as well make the reset stay *exactly* what you want.

Totally agree with this- whatever makes the trip easy and comfortable for you! For me it was transportation, a cup of coffee in the am and a place to relax in the afternoon/ evening so I much prefer the moderate (or deluxe with a discount) over a value.

Check out the discounts and maybe you can get a discount at one of the resorts with a balcony so you can sit outside after he falls asleep and read/unwind maybe have a glass of wine :)

When I was by myself in WDW for a day and a half with my 2.5 year old son, we ate at table service bc it was so much easier than trying to carry a tray of food and find a table. We did BoG for lunch (not technically TS, but I preordered for my sanity) and the Plaza for dinner. The next day was our departure day and we had lunch at Beaches and Cream.

Your 3.5 year old is probably easier than my 2.5 year old was, but limiting traditional counter service meals made my life a lot easier as a single person with a toddler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter