Simple Human Make up Mirror

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by rella's fan, Nov 6, 2018.

1. rella's fan

rella's fan Mouseketeer

I'm at a total loss on what to get my 16 year old daughter this year for Christmas and she's very very interested in make up. I thought about getting her a really good mirror and I keep going back to the Simple
    Human one. The price is crazy - does anyone know if it is actually worth the high price, and if so - where the best place to purchase one is? I do have a 20% Bed Bath and Beyond coupon but is there anywhere else that might be selling it for less?

2. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I don’t know about their make up mirror. But the brand is excellent and I have many of their products. They hold up well and they generally have good warranties as well.. just hold onto ur receipt n sky from the pkg. I typically buy everything at BBB as well.
    Sounds like a lovely idea to me.. perhaps with some favorite make up for stocking stuffers.
    Good luck!

ramee likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ramee

ramee Mouseketeer

I clicked because I wanted to know if there were non-human make up mirrors. Animals?

Now I know it’s a brand.

SarahWeasley and afan like this.
  5. rella's fan

rella's fan Mouseketeer

Haha - too funny :)

ramee likes this.
  6. rella's fan

rella's fan Mouseketeer

Thank you, I bought her some nice brushes and I think I might get her a gift certificate for a lesson from MAC too.

afan and ramee like this.
  7. ramee

ramee Mouseketeer

Oh my. I just saw the price. But I think it’s a great idea given her interest in make up. Should last years.

8. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Sounds like ur going to make her a very happy Santa recipient lol
    Be sure to check Qvc too.. I think they may still carry the smaller one, 8”...
    Enjoy the holidays!

rella's fan likes this.
  9. nursetink

nursetink DIS Veteran

My girls, 16 and 18, each have one. They both say it was the best gift they have received. Oldest DD is a freshman in college and the lighting in her dorm room isn't great, but the Simple Human Mirror makes a huge difference for her when she is putting make up on. Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries them and they are eligible to use their 20% coupons. Simple Human typically has a sale on their website around Black Friday.

rella's fan likes this.
  10. GlamMistress

GlamMistress Registered

My DH got me this last year for Christmas. I use it every day. It's pretty amazing - I'm not a huge makeup person. I just wear the minimum so I don't look dead at work. But it's great for eyebrow plucking. A quality gift that will really last.

I've never seen them cheaper - I think this is a price locked item. I believe DH ordered mine on Amazon.

rella's fan likes this.
  11. Sarahraegraham

Sarahraegraham Mouseketeer

It’s worth it. You’ll end up wanting one yourself I used to wear a lot more makeup, and I still wouldn’t trade it for anything. I even travel with the full size one whenever possible even though it’s a pain to pack and protect.

12. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

My daughter and I both haven one. Outstanding choice And it is worrth the money.

13. rella's fan

rella's fan Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the positive comments, I picked it up yesterday but must admit that buyers remorse has crept in a couple of times since the purchase - due to the price. Very helpful to hear all the great comments - I know she'll love it.

14. FairestOfThemAll37

FairestOfThemAll37 DIS Veteran

Which one are you looking at? They have several :)

15. rella's fan

rella's fan Mouseketeer

I got the $199 one and used a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon for 20% off

16. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

My daughter is the 5x (for daily makeup application), mine is the 10x (more for plucking eyebrows, etc).