Silent Reflux Mommies, I need your help!

This thread brings back memories of struggling to feed my baby, then sitting at the kitchen table trying to have a normal family dinner & just bawling my head off because he just would...not...stop...crying!! Ever! This was before they knew alot about infant reflux, and my ped at the time was 75. He insisted I just had a colicky baby, all babies are like that, get over it. I didn't realize until I had my 2nd son (who did not have any reflux) that it wasn't normal the way the 1st one had acted.

My son never outgrew it, he's almost 16 & still on rx meds for reflux. He was finally diagnosed about 5 years ago, after my comlpaints of him vomiting at night frequently & having severe chest pain. He was sent to a cardiologist & a gastroenterologist. He had test after test after test, and moderate reflux was the diagnosis. He does a barium swallow test every few years, and manages it with daily rx meds. He also has a hiatal hernia from all of this but they are not treating it at this time. He does have one half of his mattress elevated, and knows not to eat or drink close to bedtime. My family still makes fun of me because I have a "bowl" in his bed - and I'd take it with me on vacations. They have no idea how much fun it is to clean vomit out of the bed during the night several times a month. That bowl (as well as the ziploc bags that are tucked everywhere in the car - he also got carsick but has outgrown that) saved me many a night of doing wash at midnight!

If Zantac is working thats wonderful news! Take care of it now before it does damage to your baby's esophogus. I was told my son has more damage to his esophogas than he should have at his age, which could cause him to have reflux problems all his life. That kills me, why didn't I insist that the ped do more? And like you said, a content baby makes a content mommy. Hopefully things will turn around for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts