Signing up for Jedi training- how difficult is it?

We went the day after Easter and got there just after park opening at 9 a.m. and headed straight to Jedi Training sign ups. Line was already very long but my 4 year old son (even though he didn't want to wait in line) would've been devastated if he didn't get to do this. After we got closer to the front, maybe waiting 20- 30 minutes so far, a CM was counting the number of kids in line and told me we were the last ones guaranteed a spot and everyone behind us would be standby. Whew that was close. I get up to the sign up and the CM there asks me if I knew I was stand by and I said no, the CM earlier said we had the last guaranteed spot. He looked again and said can you make the ?? time slot and I said yes. So we showed up at our time slot and my little guy got to battle Darth Vader and has never been more excited and told more people about this. I'm glad we stood in line and I'm glad he got a spot.

Yup, took us at least 45 minutes after rope drop to wait in the line to sign up. We were early to rope drop, at least 30 minutes or more before park opening. This was late November, but on a lower crowd week, not Thanksgiving. We've gone many times and the wait was significantly higher this time to sign up. Several years ago it was 20 minutes or less. You do get a paper fp for any attraction except Toy Story though so that helped.

Yup, took us at least 45 minutes after rope drop to wait in the line to sign up. We were early to rope drop, at least 30 minutes or more before park opening. This was late November, but on a lower crowd week, not Thanksgiving. We've gone many times and the wait was significantly higher this time to sign up. Several years ago it was 20 minutes or less. You do get a paper fp for any attraction except Toy Story though so that helped.
In June, we did not get a paper FP.

In June, we did not get a paper FP.

I think there was a brief time when they were giving paper FPs early last year but it stopped by the time we went in May. I haven't seen any reports of them doing that recently.

I think there was a brief time when they were giving paper FPs early last year but it stopped by the time we went in May. I haven't seen any reports of them doing that recently.
Yikes! Really??? Our last trip was November 2016 and they were doing it then. Really stinks if they've stopped doing it as you are losing all that ropedrop time to stand there.

Yikes! Really??? Our last trip was November 2016 and they were doing it then. Really stinks if they've stopped doing it as you are losing all that ropedrop time to stand there.

They do let you in before park open so if you're there early you can get through the line before the rides start running but you'll be at the back of the RD crowd. Last year it was fine and we were able to get on TSM with about a 15 min wait. No way that's happening right now though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter