Signing up for Jedi training- how difficult is it?

We have an 8:10 ADR, what time should we arrive to sign up for JTA and make out reservation?
DHS usually allows guests with ADRs to enter by 7:45a. Plan to enter at that time and 1 adult and the JTA child can head to sign-up for a session while the rest of the group checks in at H&V.

I thought I would share our experience on Friday, March 9 (spoiler alert...it worked out great!)
We left our room at BRV at 7:30am (park opening at 9). We were in the car and headed to HS by 7:40. At the parking lot by 7:50. Walked to the front gates (we noticed the secret sidewalk security entrance is now closed to guests and must be for CM's only so we had to walk all the way around where the buses drop off). We were at the tapstyles by 8:00. The ones on the left were about 3 or 4 families deep so we went to one on the right and were 2nd in line. At 8:35 they opened the tapstyles. We were in and I took my 3 jedis by the hand and walked briskly to signups. DH was behind with the baby and stroller. We were 3rd in line at the signups. There was a CM holding a sign for Jedi training and we lined up behind him. About 8:40 he walked us over to the outpost to sign up. They had 2 stations going. There were a couple of families signing up already, probably from PPO's. We got signed up quickly and the CM mentioned the first show available was 9:40 so we pretty much had our choice. We chose the 12:40 show. By the time we were done DH and DS2 were waiting on a bench. There was the crowd gathered on Hollywood Blvd but also a small crowd gathered behind the Keystone Clothiers shop in front of Echo lake. We decided to wait with that crowd. About 8:50 they started walking us to TSM. Our small line merged with the line on Hollywood Blvd. We followed the CM's to Toy Story and dropped our stroller at stroller parking on the left. It started getting congested at this point and since we had a TSM FP for later we decided to meet BUzz and Woody. We were out of there by 8:58 and the line had actually thinned out for TSM so we decided to get in line. We waited 15 minutes and the CM's were shocked at the low wait. After that DH took the 2 oldest boys to Star Tours and I took the 2 youngest to the 9:40 Disney Jr show. We then met up for the FRozen show at 10:30. We then had lunch at 50s PT at 11. Our food took a bit to get there so I took the 3 kids to Jedi Training at 12:05 while DH stayed and settled the bill. I noticed they changed sign in process and the "dots". Parents stayed out of the area and the CM's directed the kids as to which row of dots to sit in. The one in front fought Vader and the one in back Kylor Ren. After the 12:40 show my parents took the 2 boys to Indiana Jones at 1:15 and I took the others to meet Olaf. We then met back up again for our TSM FP and headed out after that!

If you can't make it early enough to sign up for your preferred time, they also offer "standby" for the Jedi Training. On our last visit March 3, I didn't even think about signing my kids up until after we had ridden Star Tours 2x, so maybe 45 minutes after the park opened. They didn't have any shows with openings early enough for us, but they put us on the standby list. Basically they take your name and give you a ticket with a number on it. You come back 20 minutes prior to any show you want, and IF they have no-shows they will call people from off the standby list. We ended up going to ride ToT and then coming back at 10:45 and got called for the 11:10 am show. The downside is that you do have to be there waiting for the particular show you're hoping for, but if your kids really want to do it and you can't get the time you want, it is an option.

I thought I would share our experience on Friday, March 9 (spoiler alert...it worked out great!)
We left our room at BRV at 7:30am (park opening at 9). We were in the car and headed to HS by 7:40. At the parking lot by 7:50. Walked to the front gates (we noticed the secret sidewalk security entrance is now closed to guests and must be for CM's only so we had to walk all the way around where the buses drop off). We were at the tapstyles by 8:00. The ones on the left were about 3 or 4 families deep so we went to one on the right and were 2nd in line. At 8:35 they opened the tapstyles.

Thank you for sharing! I'm really hoping I can get my son signed up for our upcoming trip. I'll try to follow that same timeline.

We will be in HS on Easter. HS opens at 8am that day for resort guests. We will be walking from Boardwalk.. What time should we get there for Jedi Training? I was thinking 7:15..

So it looks like my carefully crafted plan has been thrown up in the air by the extended hours for DHS during August.

I had booked an ADR for 7:55 so that I could get my son booked in for Jedi Training before the breakfast. But now the park is opening at 8am every day in August, with EMH from 7am. There's no point in the ADR any more, and now we're going to have to be there at stupid o'clock to RD.

Although I suppose most of the RDers will be heading to TSL, , so hopefully there won't be too much of a queue to sign up.

Do they offer the Jedi training all day? Is it once an hour or so? We plan to be at the park all day, so we will do take an anytime time - I just don't want to be in a mad rush to sign up with a big crowd.

This week’s schedule with a 9:00a Park opening:
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Witness the future of the Force, as younglings face their fears at the sacred Jedi Temple.
20-minute shows near Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
9:40, 10:20, 11:00 & 11:40am, 12:20, 1:00, 1:40, 2:20, 3:00, 3:40, 4:20, 5:00, 5:40, 6:20 & 7:00pm

So it looks like my carefully crafted plan has been thrown up in the air by the extended hours for DHS during August.

I had booked an ADR for 7:55 so that I could get my son booked in for Jedi Training before the breakfast. But now the park is opening at 8am every day in August, with EMH from 7am. There's no point in the ADR any more, and now we're going to have to be there at stupid o'clock to RD.

Although I suppose most of the RDers will be heading to TSL, , so hopefully there won't be too much of a queue to sign up.

I am really curious how the opening of TSL will affect Jedi Training and signups!

Do they offer the Jedi training all day? Is it once an hour or so? We plan to be at the park all day, so we will do take an anytime time - I just don't want to be in a mad rush to sign up with a big crowd.

There are multiple sessions throughout the day but you have to sign up for a time slot first thing in the morning before they fill up.

We are going during the busiest times of the year. #1 priority is Jedi Training. Got the dining plan, but don't really want to drop a credit on Hollywood and Vine. Also don't want to pay out of pocket for it. Has anyone ever thought about booking a reservation just to get in the park and than skipping the breakfast (paying the $10 per person cancellation fee)?

Ugh, my strategy for Jedi Training went out the window when they cut TSM Fastpasses. What do you think the odds are of still being able to sign up if you rope drop TSM first? It doesn’t matter if it’s one of the later shows - we’ll be there at night anyways for Fantasmic.

We are going during the busiest times of the year. #1 priority is Jedi Training. Got the dining plan, but don't really want to drop a credit on Hollywood and Vine. Also don't want to pay out of pocket for it. Has anyone ever thought about booking a reservation just to get in the park and than skipping the breakfast (paying the $10 per person cancellation fee)?

This is what I've been thinking about doing in June when we go. Have a PPO ADR booked, though a lot of people suggested it's really doable if you just get in line early enough...

Ugh, my strategy for Jedi Training went out the window when they cut TSM Fastpasses. What do you think the odds are of still being able to sign up if you rope drop TSM first? It doesn’t matter if it’s one of the later shows - we’ll be there at night anyways for Fantasmic.

I'm in the same boat. We're skipping the night time shows and trying to hit TSMM at close since JTA is the kids #1 priority.

If you are at the front of the RD crowd and don't mind standing in a pretty long line for JTA I would think you'd be ok. But there's obviously some risk there that you might not get in so if it's a must do for your kids and it's your only day at HS, maybe other options would be better. I don't know how soon you're going but between waiting in line at RD and waiting in line at JTA you might be better off not RDing TSM and hit it late morning. I've seen wait times of less than an hour late morning to early afternoon.

That was my plan for when we go in August. Have the 7:55 booking made out for just me and my son so only 2 of us pay the cancellation fee.

But the 7am openings throughout August have knocked that plan on the head.

H&V is actually really fun for breakfast and the food was pretty good! The fruit was fresh and the breakfast choices were hot and tasty. Such a shame to take a spot from someone who wants to actually eat there and see the Dis Jr characters.

I was just there Easter week, the day we visited was a "crowd level 10" according to Touring Plans. However I was still able to get my son signed up. I got to the park before it opened but wasn't at the front of the line to get in the park. Once inside there were probably a good 75-100 people ahead of us in the Jedi line. When we got to the signup counter the 3 or 4 morning slots were gone but the whole afternoon and evening were still wide open.

So long story short, we had success during a very busy time without making any ADRs to get in early.

By no means, do I think an ADR is necessary to get your kid signed up. There are so many slots. However, for us, it was the difference in waiting in line to sign up for less than 5 min or 40 min. This is why I recommend the ADR. However, if you can be at the front of the pack, you may not have to wait as long as we did. But we arrived at 8:20, just as they were letting folks through the gate, and we waited 40 minutes. Just an FYI.

By no means, do I think an ADR is necessary to get your kid signed up. There are so many slots. However, for us, it was the difference in waiting in line to sign up for less than 5 min or 40 min. This is why I recommend the ADR. However, if you can be at the front of the pack, you may not have to wait as long as we did. But we arrived at 8:20, just as they were letting folks through the gate, and we waited 40 minutes. Just an FYI.

We were about 10th through the tapstiles and got held up by someone in our party having fingerprint trouble and we waited maybe 20 or 25 mins. I think we arrived just after 8 so I would agreed that a PPO you don't plan to use is unnecessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!