Significant changes to MDE app in regards to Resort

That's just using your browser to back out and then click continue (yes I can do that) but that adds an extra step. Previously you could just keep hitting a time over and over.

And previously it would say that you had already selected an experience but you could click on that notice and it would show you rides and times from that tier that you could then select.
Not on iOS

When we were there is September, (we live in the US) I got a text to go to the front desk instead of the “welcome, your room is ready”
I have never had that happen before so I asked why. The girl said it was because we have too many active magic bands.

We have AP’s and that was our 3rd trip this year. We will be back in 2 weeks to right before the passes expire and hope we don’t have to go to the front desk again.
Nah, Made it up. I have an AP, over 40 MB and get room texts.. Those CM can really make up some doozies
Still, this change, says you WILL get a text, if you see the message with the green check mark by it.
I remain skeptical myself.

Nah, Made it up. I have an AP, over 40 MB and get room texts.. Those CM can really make up some doozies
Still, this change, says you WILL get a text, if you see the message with the green check mark by it.
I remain skeptical myself.
Haha. That is very true!! It made sense at the time, we were at the beach club and figured they didn’t want people letting friends borrow extra bands to get into the pool area. You are probably right and it was just something to say.

No, not 100% of the time. Some, for a reason no one can identify, do not receive a text with a room number. That's for US guests. Obviously International is a different animal all together. So for this purpose, I'm referring to US guests only

We didn't get a text...but that was due to some landline still being attached to my account somewhere....even though I put in the cell phone number. Disney IT...

We didn't get a text...but that was due to some landline still being attached to my account somewhere....even though I put in the cell phone number. Disney IT...
I've had our card drop totally off the check in, which meant no text.
Granted mind you, I paid the deposit, selected to use the card for incidentals. Again, during online check in I selected to use the card for incidentals. I have the card saved to my account and still, they've had problems with it sticking on a few visits.
Heck, there's been a few visits where the slip of paper they give you with your plans for the day says that I've made no plans, that according to their records, we didn't even make a MDE account, it invites me to do so. Like you can even book without one.
I have no idea what happens to their linkages sometimes. It does the oddest things.

But, this is one of the many reasons I seriously doubt this is going to happen for everyone that successfully gets that message when completing online check in.

Not to mention, the silly phone doesn't work to open the door all the time. That's more hit and miss than texts are

I just updated the app and can not see the big green check saying I’m all set.
We shall see. Thanks for posting about the update. I never would have unless it forced me to

I might have missed it somewhere in this post, but even if it tells you what your room number is how are you supposed to know when it's ready? Are they just changing how they assign rooms or what? I have only never received the room ready text once, and that was 2 years ago, so I usually rely on that to know when to go back from the park and settle in.

I might have missed it somewhere in this post, but even if it tells you what your room number is how are you supposed to know when it's ready? Are they just changing how they assign rooms or what? I have only never received the room ready text once, and that was 2 years ago, so I usually rely on that to know when to go back from the park and settle in.

You don't get a room number until the room is ready.

You don't get a room number until the room is ready.
Well then I don’t see what is different about it aside from appearance. I could go on the app to see my room number after it was ready before, this I guess just makes it more obvious. At least with the text you know it’s ready, this just means that if I get there before it’s ready I still have to keep checking the app.

Well then I don’t see what is different about it aside from appearance. I could go on the app to see my room number after it was ready before, this I guess just makes it more obvious. At least with the text you know it’s ready, this just means that if I get there before it’s ready I still have to keep checking the app.
The difference is the now say ALL who qualify will get the text. Not may get it but will get it. And they are pushing using the app to open the door more
It will never be all since some can't get their MB shipped but they do have it worded now that more will get it
So based on this, you will not have to rely on the app to tell you, they will text you

I just updated- thanks for the heads up! I was able to decline mousekeeping, complete the online check in, and it says “go directly to your room”, so we’ll see how it works in mid-January!

I don't have a house keeping option. My page shows Hotel Account Pin above Room Location Requests and Magic Bands Order below it.

Ok I’m not going crazy!
I wonder if all bookings with a particular TA get categorized as unable to qualify for the program, even if they aren’t the special rate offers?
As an AP I never book anything but direct myself. I am a control freak when it comes to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter