Sigma 'Fast Prime' Fan Club

Great shots there Jeff. Love the 4th one of Lauren, the lighting in that shot is fantastic.

I, like you, love my 50mm. Playing with dof is always fun. I haven't had it out lately but your pics here are tempting me to dig that thing out of the bag. Thanks for posting.

One of my favorite things about the 30mm is how the highlights come out when it's stopped down even just a little. The picture below is at f/4.0. Note the tips of the candles.

Of course, the DoF at f/1.4 makes for some great pictures also.

My dad had an old Nikomat camera that I use to sneak pictures with when I was a kid and kind of got me interested in taking pictures. I happened to pull it out a couple of months ago and noticed that it had a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens on it but researched it and found that it was a pre-AI lens that could not be used on my D90. I once again was doing some research on it to confirm that it would hurt my camera if I tried to use and found a gentleman in Michigan that does conversions on pre-AI lenses to AI. So I sent it off and for $35 I have quenched my NAS for a while. Of course it is manual focus and non-metering but it seems like it will be a fun lens to force me out of my comfort zone. So now I have the Sig 30 1.4 and a Nikkor 50 1.4. I have a lot of practicing to do in the next 2-1/2 weeks before going to the WDW with it but it may render some cool shots. Here are some shots from tonight when I got home and took it out in the backyard for a spin.

600147701_67SBe-L.jpg

600148280_TMNN6-L.jpg

600147889_knAPk-L.jpg

600147552_VX8vh-L.jpg

I bought my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 almost a month ago off ebay from a really nice seller. It came in great condition and I have loved shooting with it. I've taken it out with me 4 times so far I think, and I think I've only shot 5 times in the last few weeks!

This is my friend's new baby girl- born 7/11, pic taken 7/12
Sigmalivy.jpg

Her certificate from the hospital (before it was filled out)
Sigmaobici.jpg

Another friend's kids- these two are twins, 7 weeks old when these were taken 2 weeks ago.
Sigmajordan.jpg

Sigmaaddy.jpg

Nice work all!

After about 80 shots (and much frustration) throughout the day I finally nailed one. She sat on me while I was trying to get her brother and said, "Mama, cheese me!":lmao:

600879024_VpfjE-L.jpg

Nice work all!

After about 80 shots (and much frustration) throughout the day I finally nailed one. She sat on me while I was trying to get her brother and said, "Mama, cheese me!":lmao:

600879024_VpfjE-L.jpg

Wow- well worth the effort I would say. I love the hair!

I bought my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 almost a month ago off ebay from a really nice seller. It came in great condition and I have loved shooting with it. I've taken it out with me 4 times so far I think, and I think I've only shot 5 times in the last few weeks!

This is my friend's new baby girl- born 7/11, pic taken 7/12
Sigmalivy.jpg

Her certificate from the hospital (before it was filled out)
Sigmaobici.jpg

Another friend's kids- these two are twins, 7 weeks old when these were taken 2 weeks ago.
Sigmajordan.jpg

Sigmaaddy.jpg

Very nice- your friend should be very happy with these!

Thank you for your answers to my question, guys.

Jeff, it might take me a while to digest yours, LOL, but I'm working on it. :lmao: @ the french fry comments.

In using my lens, I'm getting a feel for what it's strengths are and how I best like to use it. I really love using it wide open, too! I think I probably need to stop it down a bit when getting shots that are anything but close up. Will check out the EXIF for the BTMR shots, thanks.

Here are a few from our vacation last week that I liked:

P7190166-E.jpg

P7199998-E.jpg

P7199999-E.jpg

P7190026-E.jpg

P7190233-E.jpg

Nothing spectacular but I'm finally getting a feel for the focus/depth of field.
620626144_siZHU-M.jpg

620625923_ycyeK-M.jpg

Time to resurrect this thread!

I really wish I were walking through the Castle to this (drinking) fountain right about now!!!

Clicking on the picture takes you to its Flickr page!

One of my favorite shots from vacation last week- just the girls hanging out in the back of the truck. Sigma 50/1.4

Here are a couple more shots with my 30mm f1.4 lens.

One of the best views of the Chicago skyline is from the ladies restroom in the Hancock building. I felt rather uncomfortable carrying my dslr mounted to the tripod into the ladies restroom. However, when I walked inside, about a dozen or so other people were standing next to the big window taking pictures of the skyline.

ChicagoHancock.jpg

My favorite sculpture is the "The Bean". Here is a shot of it at night.

DSC09347a_edited-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter