Shrek 4D Closing Permanently on January 10, 2022

atricks

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up, this show is closing for good on January 10th (Last day the 9th). Rumored to be rebuilt as something for villains related to minions, but not confirmed. (Based on the new Minions movie the Rise Of Gru slated for 2022)

The gift shop is also closing, but the Shrek + Donkey Meet and greet WILL stay.

I went to the grand opening of this 18 years ago, and watched the huge Shrek wedding cake melt in the Florida sun during the opening event. So it's been there a good while.

https://uofan.com/universal-studios...shrek-4d-closing-permanently-in-january-2022/
Revenge of the Mummy is also going to be closed around 8 months for a large refurb. Although not confirmed, the Fear Factor Live show will not be returning after Horror nights, and the theater will be razed to make way for a Harry Potter related replacement.

Last edited:
Oh no! I was looking forward to seeing this on my first visit, since I suffer from pretty severe motion sickness and vertigo and can't go on the vast majority of rides (plus I love Shrek). Bummer.

Revenge of the Mummy is also going to be closed around 8 months for a large refurb. Although not confirmed, the Fear Factor Live show will not be returning after Horror nights, and the theater will be razed to make way for a Harry Potter related replacement.

When is Mummy scheduled to close? Around the same time? Fingers crossed that Fear Factor actually becomes additional Harry Potter space.

That will be sad if Mummy is closed when we are there in April. Shrek is fun, but wasn't a must do.

Not fussed about Shrek, but disappointed that Mummy might be down for our July 22 trip. Never done that ride, and our next trip is likely to be our last trip to Florida.

Glad for the heads up. I don't really care one way or the other, but the kids like Shrek and especially Puss n Boots, so we'll be sure to catch it at least once.

Oh no! So upset that Mummy will be closed for our May trip! That's my DH favorite ride!

Sad about Shrek but I guess it was time to go. Hopefully they put something good in its place. Cannot wait to see what they do for the mummy ride. If it is going to be down for 8 months hopefully the special effects and video are upgraded.

Reactions: AJA
Shrek was ok but it felt old and was lessened by the fact that you could watch the video from it anywhere. It didn't have a ton of movement and effects either to be a wowing attraction. I do hope a dark ride of some kind goes in but it is a small space so a walkthrough attraction is probably more likely, they just don't enthuse me as much. Maybe a flat ride of some type could go there. Even if they wanted to keep it more family theme could do a Minion's themed Alien's Swirling Saucer's type ride. I am excited to see something new go there and hopefully it gets a better façade too. Not sure how popular the Hello Kitty store is but almost wouldn't mind seeing them connect it and the Shrek space and do a Villain-con walkthrough/shop where the store is that connects into a queue for the flat ride that would be themed to a villains invention. This could give both types of attractions and make a full miniland in that spot with three attractions.

For Fear Factor I also really hope it becomes a HP London expansion. Though a little apprehensive on the rumored VR attraction. Hopefully it will be a lot of fun, but I always envisioned a Department of Mysteries themed trackless dark ride there. Something along the lines of Mystic Manor and HKDL. would fit the London section and be a needed immersive dark ride that would appeal to all ages. The queue through the Ministry of Magic could rival the other HP queues as well. See the atrium, go past the offices, and ride the elevators down to the court rooms. for loading. Could even make it an omnimover if they wanted and make a rotating load platform themed to the circular door room.

the Shrek + Donkey Meet and greet WILL stay
what a great way to remind all the fans of the shrek attraction what they are missing.:rolleyes1
When is Mummy scheduled to close? Around the same time? Fingers crossed that Fear Factor actually becomes additional Harry Potter space.
8 months starting in January.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of HP expanding presence in Studios. :scratchin

I think adding a ministry attraction would be a good addition and that is enough for the two parks there. The only downside to Diagon Alley si that it only really has 1 ride (+ the train). It could use another attraction to add to its line up.

I've seen people stating that Mummy is going to be down for 8 months, but can't find anything official to say that - all I can find is 'late summer'. Can anybody point me to something saying it will be 8 months? I'm hoping that it might be up and running by mid-end July as that will be when I am at UO.

I've seen people stating that Mummy is going to be down for 8 months, but can't find anything official to say that - all I can find is 'late summer'. Can anybody point me to something saying it will be 8 months? I'm hoping that it might be up and running by mid-end July as that will be when I am at UO.
I don’t have any other info, but keep in mind that summer is June 22 - September 22 so mid-July is much closer to the beginning of summer than the end.

We can all hope it opens sooner that they expect!

Yea I think because of school breaks so many people think of mid may through July as summer, and many parks count Memorial Weekend as unofficial summer and have used summer opening tags for rides that open then. But really they have until mid September for it to hit in that summer window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter