Shoutout to HS cast members

Viking7641

Mouseketeer
I wish I kept track of their names, but here it goes.

I just got back from a wonderful week on a solo trip. So good in fact I am dreaming of DVC and more-slower paced this time vacations after law school.

I went hard this trip, rope drop everyday. It was hot.....hottest time I've ever been outside for long periods of time probably.

First day and a half I was doing fine, drinking enough water (I thought). I was eating decently, getting salads and veggies when I could, avoiding sugar and alcohol.

Then my 2nd full day was at HS, and woohhhh boy. I started off okay, a headache waking up. I ate a granola bar and drank water and headed to the park, thinking I just needed caffeine, but I needed Slinky Dog dash more! Bad idea.

I hit two rides, and was feeling it. I figured I needed something to eat and some tea, so I made my way to Joffrey's near Toy Story land. Long line, I waited. Another bad idea. Half way through my ice tea I had to run into the restroom for some unpleasant business.

Not sure what it was, if it was food poisoning from the night before (unlikely due to the timing) or heat sickness; I had gotten it once before playing soccer in college. My heart was racing, my head was pounding. But I was also by myself and embarrassed, and a bit scared feeling so sick and being by myself, not sure how I'd walk all the way to the bus and to my resort room. I had images of being hauled out on a stretcher.

I went to a CM that happened to be coming by, I think a manager of some sort. Mentioned I wasn't feeling well. The gentleman got me cold water, cleared some other guests from a bench for me and sat with me. I DID NOT want a wheelchair or anything, but he still walked with me clear across the park after a while to first aid, where they had me sit in the AC, more water, ibuprofen. I again was trying not to make a scene or a fuss, so they sent me on my way back to my resort. Gave the bus driver for ASM the heads up (I had the bus to myself and he didn't make me mask up as it was too much)

I got back to my resort helped by this chain of CMs who didn't make me feel like everyone was staring at me. I slept for a bit and drank water in my ice cold room, and was good to go by that afternoon.

Thank you cast members, you saved my vacation, I wish I noted your names!

Oddly enough it was this experience that made me know this is where I will vacation in the future.

I wish I kept track of their names, but here it goes.

I just got back from a wonderful week on a solo trip. So good in fact I am dreaming of DVC and more-slower paced this time vacations after law school.

I went hard this trip, rope drop everyday. It was hot.....hottest time I've ever been outside for long periods of time probably.

First day and a half I was doing fine, drinking enough water (I thought). I was eating decently, getting salads and veggies when I could, avoiding sugar and alcohol.

Then my 2nd full day was at HS, and woohhhh boy. I started off okay, a headache waking up. I ate a granola bar and drank water and headed to the park, thinking I just needed caffeine, but I needed Slinky Dog dash more! Bad idea.

I hit two rides, and was feeling it. I figured I needed something to eat and some tea, so I made my way to Joffrey's near Toy Story land. Long line, I waited. Another bad idea. Half way through my ice tea I had to run into the restroom for some unpleasant business.

Not sure what it was, if it was food poisoning from the night before (unlikely due to the timing) or heat sickness; I had gotten it once before playing soccer in college. My heart was racing, my head was pounding. But I was also by myself and embarrassed, and a bit scared feeling so sick and being by myself, not sure how I'd walk all the way to the bus and to my resort room. I had images of being hauled out on a stretcher.

I went to a CM that happened to be coming by, I think a manager of some sort. Mentioned I wasn't feeling well. The gentleman got me cold water, cleared some other guests from a bench for me and sat with me. I DID NOT want a wheelchair or anything, but he still walked with me clear across the park after a while to first aid, where they had me sit in the AC, more water, ibuprofen. I again was trying not to make a scene or a fuss, so they sent me on my way back to my resort. Gave the bus driver for ASM the heads up (I had the bus to myself and he didn't make me mask up as it was too much)

I got back to my resort helped by this chain of CMs who didn't make me feel like everyone was staring at me. I slept for a bit and drank water in my ice cold room, and was good to go by that afternoon.

Thank you cast members, you saved my vacation, I wish I noted your names!

Oddly enough it was this experience that made me know this is where I will vacation in the future.

If you still wanted to compliment the cast members that helped you out, even though you don't remember their names, you could write an email to WDW and describe the event with the date and some approximate times. They should be able to figure out who might have helped you. Sounds like a scary experience and I'm glad they were able to help.

So sorry to hear about how you were feeling! Glad you are better and were well taken care of! Sounds a lot like how dehydration appears for some of my family!

I've gone solo in this heat before and it can be not so fun! I've had this almost exact same experience solo, staying at ASM too and at DHS (at the SWGE AP preview in mid-late August, so stinking hot!). The best thing I've found is to take packets of Liquid I.V, or drink some other electrolyte drink. I like the Liquid I.V packets because I can add them to any water bottle or glass of water and they don't take up space in my bag, has saved my butt from heat stroke several times now, including last week. They work so much better for hydration than water alone, I use them for training because I live in GA and it's so humid here, but great for hitting the parks in FL hard too. Glad they got you all fixed up, so great to have a happy ending!

Man HS cast members all the best.

In 2019 wife and I went for our anniversary. As the final day was ending we were sitting on a bench kinda bummed out. Cast member randomly appeared with two Mickey Bars. Awesome ending to the trip.

Last week we were back and at Ronto Roasters. Folks were sneaking in and grabbing tables without food. The Cast Member working the room was a better bouncer that Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse. He made sure everyone with food had a table. It was awesome. Later in the day we had knocked out every ride except for Slinky Dog Dash. Wait time was 70 minutes. We couldn't decide if it was worth it or not considering how hot and tired we were. We decided to knock it out and then rest for the remainder of the day as we had 3 more days ahead. As we were walking into the queue the cast member saw my daughter's celebration button (she's 9 and we went to celebrate 3 years of her being cancer free) and he asked how many was in our party and told his co worker it's time to make some Magic. They then took us to the fast pass line. We were totally blown away as mentally we were ready for a 70 minute wait. When I got off the ride I went back to thank him as he totally made our day. He asked my daughter if she wanted to ride again and of course she said yes and we rode again. All 3 of us were on cloud nine. So in the 70 minutes it would have taken to wait in that line we rode twice, made it back to our hotel to shower and were in bed. We finished the next 3 days strong.

If you still wanted to compliment the cast members that helped you out, even though you don't remember their names, you could write an email to WDW and describe the event with the date and some approximate times. They should be able to figure out who might have helped you. Sounds like a scary experience and I'm glad they were able to help.

I once saw some super care from Jessie to a special needs kid and went into guest service with the time and location. GS said they would get the credit to the right person.

Man HS cast members all the best.

In 2019 wife and I went for our anniversary. As the final day was ending we were sitting on a bench kinda bummed out. Cast member randomly appeared with two Mickey Bars. Awesome ending to the trip.

Last week we were back and at Ronto Roasters. Folks were sneaking in and grabbing tables without food. The Cast Member working the room was a better bouncer that Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse. He made sure everyone with food had a table. It was awesome. Later in the day we had knocked out every ride except for Slinky Dog Dash. Wait time was 70 minutes. We couldn't decide if it was worth it or not considering how hot and tired we were. We decided to knock it out and then rest for the remainder of the day as we had 3 more days ahead. As we were walking into the queue the cast member saw my daughter's celebration button (she's 9 and we went to celebrate 3 years of her being cancer free) and he asked how many was in our party and told his co worker it's time to make some Magic. They then took us to the fast pass line. We were totally blown away as mentally we were ready for a 70 minute wait. When I got off the ride I went back to thank him as he totally made our day. He asked my daughter if she wanted to ride again and of course she said yes and we rode again. All 3 of us were on cloud nine. So in the 70 minutes it would have taken to wait in that line we rode twice, made it back to our hotel to shower and were in bed. We finished the next 3 days strong.
That’s awesome. Best wishes for continued good health for your daughter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter