should we switch from POR to CSR

The pool at CSR is nicer. Also, I think a 14 yo boy would much prefer CSR. My daughter and her friends loved CSR when they were teens.

While the pool at CSR is nice, it is entirely too far from the parks! .... I love the look of CSR but unless you are going to AK, everything is far! ...

I personally didn't find it to be too far (see resort item #29) ... its actually very close to DHS

Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

I'm glad you posted the map. I never understood why people feel it's so far out the way but that the port Orleans resorts are not. Also, I never take the DTD bus to go to another resort. It is best to take the bus to the closest park and then go from there.

Also, I never take the DTD bus to go to another resort. It is best to take the bus to the closest park and then go from there.

Or, take a cab when going from resort to resort.

elaw said:
I personally didn't find it to be too far (see resort item #29) ... its actually very close to DHS

I absolutely LOVE CSR but we did have lots of travel time both times we stayed there that seemed noticeably longer over CBR. I prefer CSRs food court and rooms and pool over CBR! Maybe it was just poor timing. The biggest thing I remember was leaving our 8pm ADR to Boma and having to go to DTD because the EMH park that day was a morning EMH and EP was closed, after 10pm! We were exhausted and it took us over an hour to get to our room. If we would have had a car we would have been in our room within 5 mins! That was a last min trip, and we had to settle for reservations at late times. We usually schedule ADRs around 6 and probably would make a difference. Just wanted OP to know relying on buses can have situations like this occur.

Actually, the advantage of POR is using the DTD bus to get back from one resort to POR.

I actually finish my evening at a resort for a late dinner each night of my trip and I use the DTD bus to get back. I have never waited more than 15 minutes at any resort.

The water taxis at DTD run every ten minutes after 4 pm, so you are never waiting very long to get back to the resort. I love that extra option.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. My husband and I were just talking about this! I' m truly torn between the two. My son likes POR, but he's only 7. Plus he doesn't remember CSR much, if at all, as he was only 2.5 when he was there. My husband loves CSR. The theme is beautiful. He really likes the Pepper Market. I know not everybody does, but he thinks it's great! Again, both are terrific!

OP here...We just got back yesterday.

We've now stayed at CBR, POR and CSR. I'm not sure if I can say I have a favorite at this point, but CSR is probably very close or a tie with POR.

We were supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Monday was a cold, windy day at the beach, so on a whim, we decided to see if we could arrive at Disney a day early. CSR had availability and we were able to check out of the hotel we were at with no penalty, so we did it.

Check in was very smooth. We needed to add our DD to the room and get tickets for her. She was only to be with us a couple of days, so we didn't have her on our package. They made it very easy and even brought her a balloon as we checked in since it was her birthday. We had booked a standard room and asked for Casitas 4 (called in the request about a week beforehand). They didn't put us in that building since there was a large block of people in it, but they gave us Casitas 5 (happened to be my second choice). We were upgraded to a water view room. We were in room 5424. It was great! You could see a fountain and just a bit of the lake from the room.

This proved to be a great place to see fireworks as well! On our first night, we got back from Epcot and we could see the MK fireworks going on from outside our room. The next night, we could see a bit of the Epcot fireworks off in the other direction. I don't think you would have seen these on a lower floor and it wasn't as great as seeing it in the parks, but a nice little perk to our room.

Casitas 5 put us near the fitness center, a very nice quiet pool and bus stop #2. We were about 1/2 way between El Centro and the pool. Being by bus stop # 2 was perfect! One time, when we saw we had just missed a bus, we had time to hoof it to El Centro to get on it at bus stop #1. #2 is the first stop, so we always had a seat and we were let off first at night. We did have to walk pretty fast to catch that one at El Centro:) One time, I was waiting for the bus and there was a bald eagle flying around just across the street. That was so cool! I wish the rest of my family would've been with me for that one.

We really liked the quiet pool by Casitas 4. The Dig Site pool was great too. I liked how you could really keep an eye on the kids in it since there weren't things to block your view. The slide was fun. The hot tub was really nice. We usually skip the hot tub since they tend to be a bit crowded. This was really a large hot tub.

We used the laundry facilities by the health club and quiet pool. I do wish they would post how long the cycle is so you can figure out how much time you need before checking on your wash.

There are really only 2 things I didn't care for: paying 10% surcharge on fast food at Pepper Market and the size of the resort. It was a lot of walking to get to things. But...all the moderate resorts (except for POFQ) are large. I think this one is a bit bigger and spread out though because of the buildings for conventions. That would not stop us from staying there again though since we expect to do a lot of walking at Disney.

Things that set CSR apart from the other mods we have stayed in...and made for a more "deluxe" feel: duvet covers, fitness center, more choices for food (3 fast food places and 1 sit down place), nicer toiletries, longer pool slide, bigger hot tub, sliding doors in the bathroom area made for more privacy. Another big one was that we didn't have to walk very far to the bus after being in parks all day. CSR is the first resort in the line up. I assume that was because of it being a convention resort and they probably want to encourage people to return for a vacation sometime.

Next time...I don't know where we'll stay! Maybe they'll renovate CBR and we'll go there again. Or, we'll struggle between POR and CSR!

OP here...We just got back yesterday.

We've now stayed at CBR, POR and CSR. I'm not sure if I can say I have a favorite at this point, but CSR is probably very close or a tie with POR....

Thanks for the wonderful trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter