Should we cancel trip to Disney for...

MrsPete said:
Mouseman -- You are aware that you're not actually visiting other countries when you go to Epcot, right?

ktglads -- I'm with you. Take advantage of this opportunity to go with mom on a unique trip. Disney will still be there next year, but this particular opportunity may not present itself again.

Yes, I'm very aware of that!!!!

But, I would rather goto DISNEY then to Korea any day! And who cares if your mother won't be around forever, youv'e seen her your whole life, You know what she looks like and you know how she drives you crazy. I'm sure Korea will be around for a while and you can visit with your mom before she kicks the bucket....

I guess my post made it sound more like spending time with my mom... she lives 40 minutes away so it's not like I never see her. I guess it was more the point of going with someone who is planning to go this summer, speaks the language and could introduce me and DH to relatives we never met. We are discussing it over now - my mom might change her plans as well so we could all go together or we are discussing if we would cancel.

Hello. I just became a forum member. I saw the discussion topic, I am asking myself if I can even afford going to Disney at all. My wife and I are planning on going in April. We have almost everything paid for but I am worried about our finances.

Disney! You should take your mom to Disney and then spent time with her planning another trip to Korea. Regarding what others are saying of spending time with your mother, the only memory of your mother with you won't be Korea, I bet you have tons of good memories with her already (for starts you will always remember how she drove you nuts :rotfl2: ).

Definetely the best you can do is sit down with everybody and talk about it.

Chupacabra X said:
Hello. I just became a forum member. I saw the discussion topic, I am asking myself if I can even afford going to Disney at all. My wife and I are planning on going in April. We have almost everything paid for but I am worried about our finances.
Hello & welcome! There are tons of people on here who can give great advice re: making your Disney trip more affordable.

You might also try the Budget board - they give other ways of cutting your budget in general to help you spend more time with The Mouse!

Finally, if you haven't already, I'd encourage you to join The Mouse for Less, a Yahoo group devoted just to saving money while at Disney!

Have fun planning your trip! ::MickeyMo

Hey thanks for the helpful response. My wife has been coming here for months now and planning like mad, so I thought I would try out the forum.
:moped:

I'm a big Disney fan, but go to Korea.

Who knows when you'll have that chance again.

Besides, by the time you go to Disney next year, they'll still be there, and have even more new rides and attractions. :cheer2:

Thanks guys. Now my mom is talking about changing HER plans instead. She better make up her mind... I have only 3 days to cancel my package for a full refund.

Wow....a chance to go to Korea with a fluent guide? Not a chance to miss!

After I had lived in Germany for several years my parents came over. The best thing was that they got to see the country from a "native" view which is what sounds like you will get.

I would go to Korea. I miss homemade Korean food that my military friends introduced me to.

Take Korea! Your mom will be so happy to show you her heritage. and to see a country with a fluent native speaker....don't miss this opportunity. take Korea!~ :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter