Should we cancel trip to Disney for...

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
korea? My mom is planning to go - she speaks fluent korean. I just got the email today since she went to inquire at travel agency.

Korea would be $1600 per person via a travel agency - airfare, hotel, and food for 7 days. It's a tour package with a group so the tour is in English. It's just me and my DH so no children.

We will owe for our Disney package on April 1 and it is about $1300 for hotel and tickets for 7 days. We go free airfare.

DH says to just wait until next year to go to Korea since it would be too much trouble to cancel the flights and package and we have already planned things out.

I am looking forward to going to Disney but even if the tour is in English I figured it may be good to go with someone who does speak the language. Although spending a week with my mom will drive me absolutely crazy.

I would go Disney! Goto to Epcot and you can visit all of the countries there..Canada, China, Germany, etc. Save Korea for another time. Just my opinion ;)

Life is uncertain. Disney is not. It will always be there, but people may not. I've lived in Germany and going to Epcot is just not the same. I vote for Korea.

Are you kidding? No comparison - I'd go to Korea

Have a great time no matter what you figure out!

Trust me your mom may drive you crazy but she won't be around forever. Take advantage of this special chance to have her drive you really nuts!!! I promise you Disney will mean twice as much to you when you do go.

:love:

I would take Korea with a fluent tour guide over Disney right now. I agree that your mom will not be around forever and this would be a great time to make some lasting memories with her. You can always go back to Disney but Korea sounds like it would make an awesome once in a lifetime trip. Would a side trip to Disneyland Tokyo be out of the question?

So jealous - Korea! We have plans to go in a few years when the kids are a little older, but if I had a fluent guide I'd go with little kids. (My son is from South Korea).

I've also been lucky enough to travel internationally. Epcot is a poor substitute for international travel. And they don't have a Korea pavillion anyway.

If this makes me a poor Disney fan, I'll gladly turn in my mouse ears. I'd rather never go to Disney than never travel internationally again. Fortunately, I've gotten to do both.

Mouseman -- You are aware that you're not actually visiting other countries when you go to Epcot, right?

ktglads -- I'm with you. Take advantage of this opportunity to go with mom on a unique trip. Disney will still be there next year, but this particular opportunity may not present itself again.

Mouseman -- You are aware that you're not actually visiting other countries when you go to Epcot, right? midlander is correct: It's fun to go to the "countries" in Epcot, but they bear little resemblance to the real thing.

ktglads -- I'm with you. Take advantage of this opportunity to go with mom on a unique trip. Disney will still be there next year, but this particular opportunity may not present itself again.

crisi said:
So jealous - Korea! We have plans to go in a few years when the kids are a little older, but if I had a fluent guide I'd go with little kids. (My son is from South Korea).

I've also been lucky enough to travel internationally. Epcot is a poor substitute for international travel. And they don't have a Korea pavillion anyway.

If this makes me a poor Disney fan, I'll gladly turn in my mouse ears. I'd rather never go to Disney than never travel internationally again. Fortunately, I've gotten to do both.

I am with Crisi! I am dramatically curtailing Disney this year for a three week trip to London, Paris and Switzerland. Yes, there are UK and France pavilions in Epcot, but it's not the same!

Plus it sounds like Korea is part of your heritage.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
Hmmmmm... that depends, North or South?

South for obvious reasons.

It looks like it is too messy to cancel plans. We may save up more $$$ and go next year. My mom said she may be able to go again if she can afford it. So maybe it will all work out for the better.

I vote for Korea!! But then again I have family there also. :)

But like some others have said, time is short sometimes and I would seize the opportunity while it is presented to you. Better to spend time with your mother now on a trip to Korea and go to Disney another time.

Definitely Korea!!! EPCOT is fun, but it isn't real.

Go with your mom to Korea and make a fantastic memory!!!!

Disney is an amusement park....Korea is experiencing a whole other country, culture and history. I'd have no hesitation in selecting Korea.

I am torn...I've been to both. :confused3

yes you can spend time with your mom and that is irreplaceable, but you don't necessarily have to GO somewhere to spend time with mom...take her to WDW!!!!!

What parts of Korea will the tour cover?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter