Should I quickly buy tickets through UT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a room booked (14 nights at SSR 2 bedroom villa) that's been secured for some time now. However, we don't have tickets. I realize Disney has frozen the sale of tickets from their site, so do you think I should quickly buy them from UT and link them up? Has anyone else done this?
I just did that last night. I already had a linked Disney Springs reservation (B Hotel) without tickets. It says on the site it can take upto 24 hours before the E-Tickets are delivered.

If I buy tickets through UT and am unable to use them for the dates selected, will I be able to use the price of those tickets towards the price of new tickets? I know it works that way when buying directly through Disney, but wasn't sure about UT.

yes...we have even done this and upgraded to AP.

Oh great! Do you know if the ticket is not used if it can be reassigned to a person other than the name on the ticket?

I bought and linked my tickets yesterday. Even though I assigned the tickets to each of us, I still have the "reassign ticket" button showing on MDE so I could change it. I would think if the tickets expired, you might need to call to re-assign but if I can assign it now after linking it you should be able to.

We are right there with you. We have a DVC reservation starting July 17th and have not purchased tickets yet. I am considering purchasing through UT and linking MDE but just not sure. I don't know if this would help us be in the 1st phase of making park reservations or not. What did you decide to do?
I bought through UT and linked on MDE. We'll see. Keeping fingers crossed

I just bought with UT for a trip in late October.
After my procrastination I bit the bullet, bought it and linked it all in 5 minutes.

I don’t know if it’s allowed me to be any further ahead in the priority list - we have reservations at BLT - but regardless, feel much better because of it.

I had to call and answer some security questions, because we ordered on a computer with a VPN. All sorted and added now.

I had a DVC room booked for July 26, but didn't have tickets for my daughter and my's trip. I was gonna buy them in April, but with the virus, I figured we would have to cancel it all. Well then yesterday happened- I quickly got 3 day tickets for us through UT, got them within a 1/2 hour-ish, linked them online. So we're good to go(as good to go as we can be). It was super easy.

So for those of you who have purchased date specific tickets through UT what do think will happen to those tickets if you do not gain a reservation to enter the parks on those dates?

So for those of you who have purchased date specific tickets through UT what do think will happen to those tickets if you do not gain a reservation to enter the parks on those dates?
They retain their value if not used. You will need to pay to upgrade them if you want to use them and it is a more expensive period.

We had a DL trip booked on points at the Grand Californian for first week of August. Given the uncertainty and distance to California for us we ended up rebooking that week at WDW instead last week once Universal announced (we are going to do a split stay). We switched our DVC reservation to Kidani. We had our DL tickets purchased through UT. Freaked out yesterday with the announcement that they suspended ticket sales. I quickly jumped on the phone with UT and cancelled our DL tickets and repurchased WDW tickets. I had a little trouble but was eventually able to link everything in MDE (through the website, not app) so we seem to be good now with resort and tickets. I did take screen shots of EVERYTHING though as well as saved all the confirmation emails.

They retain their value if not used. You will need to pay to upgrade them if you want to use them and it is a more expensive period.

Are you able to make FP on expired tickets (if/when FP are allowed)? Can you change the tickets over the phone or online or do you have to do it in person at Guest Relations?

I thought I remembered hearing that if tickets expire they are no longer visible on MDE, not sure if that is the case.

Thanks!

I just purchased ours and linked them with no issue. We, too, have a DVC point rental stay, so I wanted to at least give us the best chance to actually go to the parks.

Hopefully this tactic works out for you that try this. But I assume Disney can tell when the tickets were “linked”... it’s not clear to me if they can necessarily tell when the ticket was sold by the third party. I assume they’d have some way to track the confirmation number. But since Disney’s message right now is about “sold” tickets rather than “linked” tickets, if they have no way to track when a third party sold the ticket, it doesn’t seem like this method would be an issue.

Hopefully this tactic works out for you that try this. But I assume Disney can tell when the tickets were “linked”... it’s not clear to me if they can necessarily tell when the ticket was sold by the third party. I assume they’d have some way to track the confirmation number. But since Disney’s message right now is about “sold” tickets rather than “linked” tickets, if they have no way to track when a third party sold the ticket, it doesn’t seem like this method would be an issue.
When I called the ticket line on Wednesday, the CM knew that I had bought my linked ticket via UT.

Just an FYI for those accustomed to using UT as a means to get discounted tickets - the current UT price once you get to checkout is not a discount from the normal Disney price. They are selling current inventory (so it's basically one of very few options to still get tickets while Disney isn't selling them directly), but not at the customary discounted price. Out of curiosity I compared them to buying tickets from Universal too - the ticket through UT was $50 HIGHER than buying through Universal direct. Just something to be aware of.

Well I wonder if they know when you bought the ticket? They can definitely see when you linked it, and probably can tell where it came from.
I don't know that they would actually know when I bought the ticket - maybe/maybe not. She looked at my MDE account and at the tickets and told me that she could see that they were bought from UT. She mentioned that right away before I even had a chance to tell her where I bought them. But in order to change the date, I had to give her the reservation number. She told me to keep the number because I would need that if I changed the ticket in the future. So, if she really did not have access to the reservation number, maybe she didn't know when I actually bought the ticket. Not sure. . .

Those that bought their tix recently. How long did it take to get the e-tickets to your email? I just tried and ordered tickets for my sister. We already have hotel reservations as we have annual passes we were waiting to buy her tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter