Should I quickly buy tickets through UT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT is awesome. We had a big Family Trip (8 adults) planned for mid-Oct. When news came out that Disney was not selling tickets, I quickly ordered tickets from UT. Then I saw I had fat-fingered my order and messed the dates up. A quick call the next day and they cancelled the order with no penalties since it hadn't been processed yet. Then I re-ordered the same Tics but added PH option. The next day Disney announces cancellation of FP+ and all of our hard earned Dining Reservations!! With much angst, we checked with the kids and agreed that the trip of 8 adults was not worth the hassle and limited experiences at this time. So we cancelled out Oct DVC Reservation yesterday.

So now I am waiting on the Tics to arrive in the mail. Our new plans are to have the Family Trip in May 2022. Not knowing what to expect with these Tics that long out, I will be returning them to UT and will take the 5% Penalty as a learning experience. I'll invest the money in TP stock to recoup any loses!

Has anyone had trouble linking UT tickets over the last 24. I think I am going to do it but don't want to be shut out of MDE. Please only people over the last 24 let me know.

Has anyone had trouble linking UT tickets over the last 24. I think I am going to do it but don't want to be shut out of MDE. Please only people over the last 24 let me know.

Yes I just linked six UT tickets and they now show on my Disney page. FYI I have DVC ressies that were made 6 months ago for Sept.

We were nervous about this too. Here's what happened for us. We bought one ticket as a "trial run" to see what happened. We got that one ticket to go through and linked it up to our MDE just fine. We had 7 more tickets to buy. So we went in and "bought" 7 more tickets yesterday morning. As of today, those tickets STILL say "processing" and we haven't gotten a confirmation number for them.... and therefore couldn't attach them too our MDE account. Super nervous about that. It's over $2000 in tickets

UT said to call them if you do not get E-mail tickets right away because there maybe a hold on them with your Credit Card.

UT said to call them if you do not get E-mail tickets right away because there maybe a hold on them with your Credit Card.

I tried calling repeated yesterday and got a message that said their mailbox was full and no humans answering every time

@Julie Amber Just keep calling I just did that for about 12 minutes redialing over and over and got through. They helped process my order and I already have them in MDE. I am hopefully all set, hopefully this does not blow up in our faces some how.

We bought 4 tickets from them this morning and they linked fine. I had to do it on the desktop though.

So I hopped on late wednesday night from official ticket center Who wdwinfo links too and bought tickets I hadn’t received them yet so I called yesterday and they said they were still processing the order today they Sent an email saying that Disney was not honoring third party tickets so they are giving me a refund.

So I hopped on late wednesday night from official ticket center Who wdwinfo links too and bought tickets I hadn’t received them yet so I called yesterday and they said they were still processing the order today they Sent an email saying that Disney was not honoring third party tickets so they are giving me a refund.
So does that mean that Disney is not going to honor any tickets bought from a third party during this time?

That is interesting that they couldn’t fulfill your order. Even though I went ahead and bought UT tickets I was always wondering this. However, I don’t know what Disney would/can do if you already have them linked?
Also I would assume Disney would of asked UT to stop selling them if they needed them too.

So i never got my e tickets from official ticket center. I would assume if you received them and linked them you are good to go. unfortunately now my money is tied up until my refund comes through otherwise I would buy from UT. I talked to a DVC cast member today and they didn’t have any ideas whether I would have an opportunity to buy tickets from Disney or not but I could by AP’s

If I buy 5 day hopper from UT as an E-ticket, link it and then have to cancel, will they let me "exchange" my e-ticket for another date-range?

That is interesting that they couldn’t fulfill your order. Even though I went ahead and bought UT tickets I was always wondering this. However, I don’t know what Disney would/can do if you already have them linked?
Also I would assume Disney would of asked UT to stop selling them if they needed them too.
When I called UT, she specifically told me that Disney had not asked them to stop selling tickets, even though they had asked other 3rd party sellers to stop.

When I called UT, she specifically told me that Disney had not asked them to stop selling tickets, even though they had asked other 3rd party sellers to stop.
That doesn't make any sense. Disney stops selling tickets and asks all 3rd party vendors except UT to stop selling them too? I'd be worried but UT is on the hook if Disney does not honor the dates on the tickets.

Just wanted to say that UT was AMAZING with refunding their "non-refundable" tickets for us back in April. They have bent over backwards in terms of customer service during all of this.

Also many people do not realize that, if you don't use your ticket before the expiration date, you can still use the ticket, they are not "wasted.". Whatever you paid will be applied to a new ticket- so they never lose "value." If you bought a ticket in 2000 for $100, you can still use that $100 to a new ticket (of course, today that only buys you a 1.15 days in a park but you get the point!)
wow I didn't know that.... that gives me some ideas.

We're staying offsite at an Airbnb. I bought 4 day tickets from UT yesterday for the second week of August with the hopes that it would improve our chances in the pecking order for the new reservation system. I guess we'll see how that works out, but I decided to opt for physical tickets (sent via regular mail) so they'd be refundable. Hopefully they'll arrive and I'll be able to link them to MDE before the new system is announced. Good luck to all!
I'm thinking of trying this - do you know if the tickets are FOR CERTAIN refundable if you get them through email and not a physical ticket?

UT said they are no longer doing anything beyond their 95% policy regarding hard ticket refunds (remember once you link those tickets you can not refund them). They said they will never do refunds again like they just did. They made that very clear to me when I was purchasing and asking questions.

In case you haven’t seen yet. UT is no longer selling Disney World tickets. Not sure if they are out or Disney has stopped them.

Are we the lucky ones who got in under the gun or will this become messy for us??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter