Should I change cruise for royal ?

Should we go with DCL or save about $1000 and go with Royal Caribbean

• Disney Cruise Line

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Royal Caribbean

Votes: 39 48.8%

• Total voters
Another thing to keep in mind is, it is easier to travel pregnant than with a baby. We did a family trip to New York when I was near the end of my second trimester and I got tired from time to time, but we still got to do way more stuff than we would have with a baby. If you can move up your trip you might enjoy it more, or you might want to think about putting it off until baby's closer to three.

It's interesting how it is so different for different people. For me, I could not travel when pregnant. We did one trip to upstate New York when I was very newly pregnant and that was a miserable affair even that early on. For me pregnancy came with either crippling anxiety so I couldn't stand to be anywhere but at home or crippling joint pain so I couldn't walk anywhere. On the other hand both of my kids were great travelers even as babies.

Which just goes to show that this is a stage of life that you can't ever fully plan for. You don't know how the pregnancy will be and what impact that will have. You don't know whether you will have a chill baby or one who screams 20 hours every day. 3 was the hardest age to travel with my youngest because she was a runner and I was constantly afraid of her taking off. Now that she's 5 it's much less stressful but who knows what the next stage will bring.

So plan but be flexible with those plans.

Last edited:
I would wait for the summer 2021 release and switch my placeholder to one of the European itineraries. Cost would be comparable or less, but the airfare would be significantly less, and IMO a superior itinerary than the Caribbean.

I would wait for the summer 2021 release and switch my placeholder to one of the European itineraries. Cost would be comparable or less, but the airfare would be significantly less, and IMO a superior itinerary than the Caribbean.

new have been to most European places loads of times and doesn’t really have the same excitement as doing a Caribbean cruise for us.

excursions wise we much rather go to the lovely beaches too and not to mention castaway cay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter