Should a couple splurge for balcony

I personally won't book a stateroom with a balcony again, but for only $150 I'd say go for it!! You may love it, and even if you don't, you'll still have a great view from inside!

Andrew DEREK UK said:
Yes for seven days and over,
No for 3/4 days.

We really like ours but use it on sea days most, was very handy on the Panama canal to view.

We've been on the 3 day and had a verandah and LOVED it!! We were not in the room a great deal but at night it was so beautiful and relaxing. In the morning...waking up to the view was something that was well worth it. Personally I could not go back to an inside cabin now for any amount of time. So my only word of caution is beware - you will become used to it. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!!! :cheer2:

We leave in 2 weeks and cannot wait for that view once again. :hourglass

~~~Kelly

Would you get a verandah on a January 7 day cruise? Would you sit outside?

NYAna said:
Would you get a verandah on a January 7 day cruise? Would you sit outside?

Personally....if I'm on a cruise, I would have a verandah. :sunny:

Ok...

...here's another YES vote.... We have kids and thus our own reasons for stepping down to window reservations. BUT - if we did not have our kids along and the cost was attractive or tolerable - then there would be NO QUESTION as to whether we would get a veranda.

Now... everyone has their own "ideas" of how to go about things. We are always hoping for an upgrade for free - but that sort of stuff is quite rare. And we are comfortable with booking cat "" windows on our last 3 DCL sailings. However, we did book a veranda this past Valentines day for a CCL Spirit Mexican cruise. It cost less than a window on DCL!... and to be candid ... we had significantly LESS fun on CCL versus DCL 7 day sailings for more money. Yes - we had great fun with CCL - but DCL was a LOT more fun for us! SO CCL was not a exactly a bargain after all!

So - book the veranda have don't 2nd guess it a stitch!

Cheers!

poohfriend said:
I know I've seen this before, but at the time I never imagined I'd get the chance to go on DCL with just my hubby. And Now I can't find the thread.

It is only $150 difference on the cruise I'm looking at to have a cat 7 with a balcony than a cat 9. I've been completley happy with cat 9 in the past...would the two of us enjoy $75 worth each to have the balcony?

thanks for your input... :thumbsup2
We've had a CAT 5 twice, a CAT 8 and a CAT 9. Being able to compare the two, I'd say that YES, the extra $$$ is worth it!

I would never pay the extra money for a verandah. We were able to enjoy one last cruise when we were upgraded from 8 to 4 but had to make a point of going out on it every day. We are just too busy out of the room to sit & spend much time on it. I think that the most time I spent on it was with DD Sunday afternoon while DS & DH were out doing something. We did our nails out there & DD spotted a rainbow in the distance.

:confused3
CRSNDSNY said:
We've had a CAT 5 twice, a CAT 8 and a CAT 9. Being able to compare the two, I'd say that YES, the extra $$$ is worth it!

Well...

... that's a no-brainer at $150 pp. For our September 17th sailing which we just booked last friday (8 days ago) we got a catagory 12 guarantee - and to have booked as a window it would have cost our party of 4 (2 kids ages 2 and 5) in a catagory 9 an additional $1900. And if we went with a veranda catagory 6 - the lowest veranda catagory now available) it would have cost $3400 more. So we opted for the catagory 12 guarantee and are taking our chances on getting better than a 12... and really hoping for a window. A veranda is not unexpected.... as I imagine they would be bumping someone deserving who is reserved in a window to a veranda before they gave it to us.

And yeah - we booked right at 60 days prior to sailing. We had no advanced booking discounts. :confused3

At least you know you will get upgraded to at least an 11. :) Have a great cruise!

Just Do It. We've done both and I will never book another one without it. We have one for September of this year and next year in the Med. I love first thing in the morning to take my coffee I've ordered the night before and head out, sit down and just review the navigator and what the day holds. I love in the afternoon, getting ready for the show and dinner, to have a nice glass of wine out there and watch the sun start to go down. And I love at night when the ship is dark and the kid is asleep to head out there, with the left over wine from earlier, and hear the darkness and kiss on the one I love.........

My DW asked me the question the other way. Would you regret not having a balcony for $150.00? My answer would be yes, I know there would be a couple of times a day where I would think how nice it would be to be out on the verandah with a drink and a book.

tde1969 said:
. . . We've done both and I will never book another one without it. We have one for September of this year and next year in the Med. . .

We stayed at a villa with a balcony on the Mediterranean. The balcony was so relaxing, and the sunsets were just breathtaking.

Woody

Actually if you work it out per person,... per day,.....it all sounds very reasonable !!

(my DP doesn't call me 'the queen of justification' for nothing ! :thumbsup2 )

If you think it would add something extra special to the cruise, then I say go for it. We had one last year on our 3-day and made great use of it, even though I was skeptical about it when we booked. We don't have kids, so the cruise was all about us. We spent time out there in the mornings and the evenings as a little getaway, and it was lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter