Should a couple splurge for balcony

poohfriend

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen this before, but at the time I never imagined I'd get the chance to go on DCL with just my hubby. And Now I can't find the thread.

It is only $150 difference on the cruise I'm looking at to have a cat 7 with a balcony than a cat 9. I've been completley happy with cat 9 in the past...would the two of us enjoy $75 worth each to have the balcony?

thanks for your input... :thumbsup2

Well only you would know if it was right for you, but I love having a verandah and the Cat 7's are my favorite. It is so nice to sit out there at all times of the day. Early morning to watch the sunrise or having my morning tea. Mid-day to get away from the crowds at the pool to relax with a good book. Late at night to just gaze at the stars.

If you are one who is only in the room to sleep and change clothes then it might not be for you, but we enjoy our alone time in the room as well and love the verandah.

I would say: Yes! :thumbsup2

We had a balcony on our cruise earlier this year. It was great. It was really nice ordering a room service goodie and sitting on the balcony in the late evening after the kids went to sleep. One night DW and I had a cheese and cracker tray and a little red wine, and another night the whole family enjoyed a moonlight dessert. Watching the stars, moon, waves, and ships go by was extremely peaceful - not to mention romantic and relaxing. One of my favorite cruise memories is that quiet time on the balcony at night. It was also nice in the morning for sipping coffee, absorbing the sights, reading the Navigator, and so forth while the family was getting ready for the day. I would highly recommend a balcony for your cruise, especially since its just the two of you.

I vote for YES!!! The view, the air, the relaxation! Oh I cannot wait folr my verandah I hope you enjoy yours.

YES!

We had the same hesitation prior to our May '06 cruise, but then we thought, "ah, what the heck....who knows if we'll ever have this opportunity again".

Let me tell you - I'm SO glad we did! Nothing was more exciting than sitting on our verandah & watching the Magic pull into Castaway Cay. We loved sitting out there on sea days and just looking at the beautiful blue water and relaxing.

Go for it...you won't regret it.

I love having a verandah and we spend a decent amount of time out there. It's a great place to watch things as you pull into/leave from ports, I sit out there and read, have a snack, etc. Very quiet, relaxing spot. :sunny:

NO!!!

Just kidding! ;) Go for it! Balconies are wonderful! I got DH started on cruises, and we've had a balcony every time now...he's spoiled! It's easy to get used to sitting out there on your private balcony, listening to the water, or watching the boat pull into or leave port. Heaven!

Should a couple splurge for balcony ?

Yup -- if for no other reason than to know you have something to jump off from should you need too! ;)

Oh...and it's a nice relaxing place to be when you're not sinking or capsizing too! :teeth:

consider the romantic possibilities with a verandah, too! Of course I mean the moonlight! ;)

Yes it's worth it. Especially nice too if you have a little bit different sleeping schedules. I tend to get up a little earlier and it was nice to sit on the balcony and read a book while he was still sleeping. That way I didn't feel like I was "wasting" any of my vacation time or bothering his sleep, and my other half didn't have to come searching for me on deck. Nothing like a sunrise/sunset on your own balcony for a romantic moment either.
Rachel

Yes for seven days and over,
No for 3/4 days.

We really like ours but use it on sea days most, was very handy on the Panama canal to view.

Once you have a verandah you will never want to go back without one. Early morning, late afternoon, evening, night, in port, at sea, always wonderful. We have had a verandah on both our Disney cruises and booked one for our next cruise! Ahh I wish I was sitting on one right now!
:goodvibes

For only $150.00 more I would go for it. We had one on our last 4 night cruise and enjoyed using it. It was really nice first thing in the morning and to relax a little before turning in for the night.

Don't do it, use that money to buy things onboard. We stayed in an inside room, and well we were always upstairs and walking around. There is no need for a balcony. And, I'm like you a couple without kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter