short but great trip to US

robsmom

loved it so much we might go back
Just returned from Florida with DH and DS (not quite 2). Thanks to all on this board for their tips and ideas. I used many. Great trip but lousy weather. Only spent one day at citywalk and one at US due to bad weather and other committments, but will use remaining passes when we return this December, 2001.

Highlights:

Lunch at Emeril's - fabulous food, slightly above average service, expensive but worth it. Gumbo, redfish, and chocolate suffle were terrific. Banana Cream pie was out of this world. Made reservations 3 weeks in advance and couldn't get dinner at a decent hour, but lunch on our arrival day worked out well. We were 1 hour late due to major traffic problems but called ahead and were accomodated anyway.

Universal Express and early entry - we had three day passes and were allowed to hold 3 passes at a time. This combined with lower crowds due to overcast (and cold!) weather allowed to accomplish everything we wanted with ease

Babyswap - much better and easier than disney. Great room for MIB in which child can watch the ride load.

Barney - corney I know, but show was great for a toddler and play area allowed much needed time to burn off steam. Did the show and play area twice.

Dinner at Trattoria in Portofino - beautiful hotel, nice buffet, pasta bar made to order, kid friendly, and scooby!!! We went on a day that we didn't go to the parks. Valet parking was a bit slow but very convenient.

Downside - parking garage isn't the best plan. Waiting to park was a bit of a hassle. long walks to the park, even with people mover side walks.

Guess that't it. We didn't get to IOA due to weather but will do this on next trip. If I can answer any US guestions I will try.

offsite Feb, 1975
offsite Feb, 1976
Disney Vacation Villas, 1992 (now the institute?)
Marriott, 1994
Timeshare 1997

How was Citywalk with a 2yo? Which restaurant did you eat at? Did you do Emerils with a 2yo? That is scarier to me then riding Hulk?

Hi robsmom!
Glad it was fun despite weather. Going back in December will be a blast for the kid at IOA in Seuss Landing. It'll decked out for "Grinchmas"!! Might even see ya there!
J

Wasn't bad. They have no kids menu but will make a kids pizza. You will pay about $12 for thta pizza but it was really good!! They have highchairs. They also have great little rolls and muffins, which kept ds happy, but were rather stingy with them. Our first basket had four little slightly bigger than bit size muffins or rolls (2 of each, I think) When we asked for more, we would get 4 more little ones. We had to ask for a third basket. We did lunch, only because we couldn't get dinner reservations, but in hindsight that is probably better with a child. Our goal in restaurants is to not disturb others and to live with the embarassment of the mess he will make. We succeeded, I normally do not order pizza out for him because the table cloth gets so dirty, but that was all the restaurant had!! I say go for it.

offsite Feb, 1975
offsite Feb, 1976
Marriott, 1994
Vistana Timeshare 1997
Hilton Grand Vac. (3/01)
Vistana Timeshare 12/01

We also went to the hard rock cafe. We have done this at other locations and it is always great for little ones. The loud music keeps the child's attention and prevents us from disturbing others. Menu is very good for kids. The wait staff tends to be young college kids who are usually very good with the kids. Our waitress this time was awesome!

My guess would be that NBA and Nascar would also be good for kids.

offsite Feb, 1975
offsite Feb, 1976
Marriott, 1994
Vistana Timeshare 1997
Hilton Grand Vac. (3/01)
Vistana Timeshare 12/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter