Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Ours so far:

Shell... on opening day the coupon failed so have to do a repeat of that one; fortunately, the car needs more gas again thanks to some long drives for STB :-)

Foodland... The Greely store is new and an easy drive in good weather. "Shop the Block" actually appears on the receipt.

Metro... did fresh2go in store: 2 pizzas [froze one for later], 1 chicken, 1 salad; they had a weekend special of $8.99 for each

Jean Coutu... drove to the one in Casselman [60 km]; new store, easy access off the highway and quite nice -- and they have things there I cannot find elsewhere, something I like about when doing the AM shops at Jean Coutu [the only time I go] -- took advantage of the 2 day 20X the points if >$75 STB special that got added [no coupon needed], as well as the original 3x [coupon scanned fine]; all of the points seem to show on the receipt -- base plus "prime" and they add to the right amount as far as I can tell.

Lowe's ... water filter, some storage bins, and ice melter got us over $160; but they were having a >$150 save 15% promo which meant I was originally under and had to go find two more items [ice melter and another storage bin to the rescue]. Ice melter came with $10 on future shop coupon, too. watch out for those pesky extra sales !

Airmilesshops... this is our "safety". Have done two shops, hoping at least one shows up: Apple and Amazon.

Rexall and Staples have to wait until December when their offers start.

SW

Hi, I am super confused about Shell Gift Cards. I need to buy a bunch of Apple and Netflix cards for Christmas. Is there a Shell coupon specifically for gift cards, or just the basic one about 5 miles for $10?

I have a bunch things to take care of today before i can tackle this thread to update the post regarding how miles appear on both receipts & accounts. I'll also be dealing with the online shopping post because the first portal wide multiplier has popped up this morning. If you have any questions that have gone unanswered, I'm sorry, please post again and tag me!

@KandyM there is currently a promo running at Shell that covers gift cards that can be combined with the StB coupon. It's worth knowing that Netflix cards pop up at sponsors as bonus items -- last time was 50 miles for $50 card at Metro, no idea when that will happen again though, just something to keep an eye on in the flyers.
Offer valid November 4, 2019 through to January 5, 2020 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards:  Canada Vanilla Visa $100, Sony Canada PS3 $50, HBC Canada $50, Google Play $50, Canada Netflix $30, Canada Uber $25, Cabela's Canada $50, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3M $49.99. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. Maximum 500 Miles per Collector Account for this offer. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.

Looking for a bit of advice/reassurance: I just placed an amazon order through airmilesshops. The total was 200ish dollars, but things are shipping from different places so when I check under 'my orders,' it shows 3 orders all under 100$ each. Will this shop qualify for a STB coupon?

I know we've all had varied success with these coupons actually posting properly in the past, so any experience is very appreciated :)

You will be ok. Just keep your original email with the total on it. I also always take a picture of my screen so that I can use that as proof as well. I had the same thing happen last year with amazon. I did shopping on the cyber Monday and they split the order to ship it...but I still got the credit for the airmiles shop as a partner, my miles and all my goodies!!!!

Plugging along with the online shopping thread and stumbled across a couple of noteworthy offers:

• All but 3 Stores multipliers run until at least Friday (some even till December 6th) -- no need to rush, hold off till Friday
  • The majority of stores have 5X which is decent!
  • Dell is sitting at 10X until Dec 2nd
  • H & M specifically mentions needing an empty cart BEFORE starting
  • Indigo's mulitplier offer of 5X ends on Thursday -same thing happened last year and the weekend was higher, decide if you want to wait it out or go for the guaranteed 5 from them and 10 from the portal
  • Lenova ends Thursday
  • The Source only today

I have a bunch things to take care of today before i can tackle this thread to update the post regarding how miles appear on both receipts & accounts. I'll also be dealing with the online shopping post because the first portal wide multiplier has popped up this morning. If you have any questions that have gone unanswered, I'm sorry, please post again and tag me!

@KandyM there is currently a promo running at Shell that covers gift cards that can be combined with the StB coupon. It's worth knowing that Netflix cards pop up at sponsors as bonus items -- last time was 50 miles for $50 card at Metro, no idea when that will happen again though, just something to keep an eye on in the flyers.
Offer valid November 4, 2019 through to January 5, 2020 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards:  Canada Vanilla Visa $100, Sony Canada PS3 $50, HBC Canada $50, Google Play $50, Canada Netflix $30, Canada Uber $25, Cabela's Canada $50, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3M $49.99. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. Maximum 500 Miles per Collector Account for this offer. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.
Thanks!

Ours so far:

Shell... on opening day the coupon failed so have to do a repeat of that one; fortunately, the car needs more gas again thanks to some long drives for STB :-)

We did both Shell coupons today. Gas and a $15 Timmies gift card, as separate transactions.

Only Rexall and Staples to do, once they start into December.

SW

So was able to do a STB that I thought there was no way I could. Global Pet Food. Normally you need an animal to do this, or someone close to you to buy.
So what do I do because this STB is harder than the last couple of years. We hit up the local SPCA and picked up a dog. So off to Global to buy bed, bowls, toys, food. Easy one now to do.
The lengths I will go to get my coupons filled.:jumping1:
Now that is some serious dedication to the pursuit of the miles! I bow down to you, this is awesome

Gah....My Chapters/Indigo order just posted but because they split my $100 order into two (one is $84 and the other $16), I only got 4 base miles and 16 bonus miles showing up on my account and that will not count for the Shop the Block without my hassling them as usual. Why?????!!!!!!!

I wanted to use the Kent's offer of spend $40 in-store, get 20 miles. I needed to replace 3 of my drip pans on my stove, so I thought I would buy those with the $40 as it came perfectly to $40.97 pre-tax. I couldn't find 2 of the large pans in any store! ugh. So my little air miles brain clicked in and ordered all three online. Only to return them upon receipt and re-purchase in store with the coupon. Voila! Another offer DONE!

Sometimes you gotta think outside the box to make these promos work!

Gah....My Chapters/Indigo order just posted but because they split my $100 order into two (one is $84 and the other $16), I only got 4 base miles and 16 bonus miles showing up on my account and that will not count for the Shop the Block without my hassling them as usual. Why?????!!!!!!!

My Indigo shop has yet to show up. I know that, while it is invoiced at $100 (2x50), it actually went on my card at 2 $50 charges. :confused3 I feel that I'll be hounding them about this one, too.

My Indigo shop has yet to show up. I know that, while it is invoiced at $100 (2x50), it actually went on my card at 2 $50 charges. :confused3 I feel that I'll be hounding them about this one, too.

I contacted their customer service. I will let you know what they say.

Airmiles shop is definitely making it VERY hard for people to shop online using their portal. Not knowing whether or not a large purchase is going to count as a STB spend is just wrong.

I feel the same way about my Shell Opt in 25L of gas,,do I want to know that I'll probably have to show all sorts of info and hold all receipts for months and remember to follow up,,,no.

One more Rexall shop and I am done this years STB.
It used to be fun ,,not so much anymore.

Mel

Airmiles shop is definitely making it VERY hard for people to shop online using their portal. Not knowing whether or not a large purchase is going to count as a STB spend is just wrong.

I feel the same way about my Shell Opt in 25L of gas,,do I want to know that I'll probably have to show all sorts of info and hold all receipts for months and remember to follow up,,,no.

One more Rexall shop and I am done this years STB.
It used to be fun ,,not so much anymore.

Mel

I've done the Shell opt-in twice in other promos. Although they don't show up right away, they have worked both times.

I haven't used my Shell coupon yet. Maybe I'll just do the purchase of instore items and pick up some bottles of water and gatorade ( helps with the weather induced migraines ) and restock my office shelf that is needing restocking.

Then I will have 2 done.

I did get my Safeway one completed over the weekend. The youngest ds was getting a cold. So I ran to Safeway instead of shopper's across town and pick up some cold stuff for him and a couple of other things,,,and used my coupon. So one shop done...now to see how many others I can get done

Indigo is having an online pre-black friday 25% off sale on baby items, so I took advantage of the 5x and 10x multiplier to order some stuff I need. Ordered a $250 gift card first, then once I got that, placed my order. Should get me 23 base miles and 399 bonus miles between the two transactions and got the airmilesshop coupon done.

This is turning out to be a very slow STB for me. Got Shell (maybe? I did the opt in, and haven't seen anything posted yet) and now airmilesshop. Still think I should be able to manage 7 without any extra spending.

I haven't used my Shell coupon yet. Maybe I'll just do the purchase of instore items and pick up some bottles of water and gatorade ( helps with the weather induced migraines ) and restock my office shelf that is needing restocking.

Then I will have 2 done.

I did get my Safeway one completed over the weekend. The youngest ds was getting a cold. So I ran to Safeway instead of shopper's across town and pick up some cold stuff for him and a couple of other things,,,and used my coupon. So one shop done...now to see how many others I can get done

I just did shell in AB (I think you’re here too?). No problems with the gas coupon. Shows up as 939 and 940 on my receipt.

I'll have to remember to ask my husband if he has ever tried gatorade. He suffers from migraines. I wonder if it would help him. Thanks for the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter