Shoes for disney?

TEVAS!! I always wear my teva mush flip flops even in december....I call them my theme park shoes..

Yep, we are a dorky Disney Croc family I guess! LOL! Me, DH, DS,DD,and even DS who was 1.5 yrs. old at the time wore Crocs for the entire trip! This was in early 2006, so I only learned about Crocs from these boards! Thanks everyone!LOL..It's funny because my dd had them so long before kids at her school started wearing them..I tell her now, "see I told you Crocs would become cool"! LOL All the girls even wore the "mammoth" furry ones this winter!

TEVAS!! I always wear my teva mush flip flops even in december....I call them my theme park shoes..

Me too! They're the most comfortable shoes ever made. I have about 5-6 pairs. I usually carry quite a few pairs of shoes to Disney (gotta match you know:rolleyes: ), but almost always wind up in my Teva Mush flip flops. Montrail Molokini flip flops are also great for WDW. I love flip flps, but must have good arch support. Cheap flips, don't cut it.

Funny story: At Epcot this past Dec I was at rope drop and walking very fast just behind the CMs to get to Soarin', when the lady behind me stepped on the heel of my Teva Mush flip flops. She apologized, but then made the comment that she couldn't see how people could wear flip flops at WDW. I never even turned my head and never slowed down, but made the comment back that 'I bet my feet won't be as tired as yours at the end of today'. As we continued to walk very quickly toward Soarin' we continued to talk about which shoes were better for WDW, tennis shoes, Crocs, or flip flops. We round up sitting next to each other on Soarin'. I of course, took my Mush flip flops off to ride the ride (I love riding Soarin' in flip flops, with the breeze hitting my feet.:cloud9: ) She did say she could see how flip flops would be nice for rides like Soarin' and for water rides, but felt tennis shoes were so much better for WDW. Anyway we left the ride and I didn't think any more about our conversation until that afternoon, when I was in Japan in the World Showcase and saw her sitting on a bench, tennis shoes off, rubbing her feet, and applying a piece of moleskin. She was complaining to her companion about how her feet were killing her and she didn't understand why, since she had on her most comfortable pair of tennis shoes. 'They weren't new, were broken in well, and had never given her blisters before.' She saw me about that time, I saw she recognized me from that morning, so I stopped, and she asked how my feet were doing. I nodded at her poor hot, red, swollen, sweaty, tender feet and said 'that's why I wear my Teva Mush flip flops at WDW. My legs may feel tired tonight, but my feet will feel fine.' There was another lady sitting on the next bench eating a kaki gori, who overheard our conversation. She spoke up, wriggled her toes and we noticed that she also had on a pair of Teva Mush flip flops. She laughed and said, 'I agree. They're all I wear down here. They're the most comfortable shoes ever made. I can go and go and go just like the energizer bunny and my feet never get hot'. She then smirked at her husband who said 'shut up', as he sat beside her rubbing his sore feet with his tennis shoes on the ground in front of him. It was just a matter of perfect timing, but so funny that there were two of us there at the same time in Teva Mush flip flops and two there with tennis shoes.

Another croc fanatic here! :wave:

First time at Disney I tried my most comfy sneakers... and started getting blisters the 3rd day in! OUCH.
I did some research when I got home and started reading about these mysterious "crocs". Googled them and thought HOW UGLY!!! NO WAY.

Luckily, dd thought they were cute (she was like 7 or 8, what did she know?). But I bought her a pair, and she wanted mommy to have a pair too, so I got a pair. I thought they'd be good to go down to the pool at least.
Well after a couple of days my feet were getting pretty sore again in my sneakers! I'm pooh-sized so my feet get sore quickly I guess. I did everything I read about, good socks, moleskin at first sign of hot spots, ultraglide, I even duct-taped my feet the way they say runners do for marathons!! :scared1: Can you tell I was desperate? The ONLY time my feet felt good at all was going down to the pool with those ugly 'ole crocs on.
So I wore them to the parks, self-conscience at every step. My dd was happy we were wearing the same shoes..lol. Finally I noticed some other people wearing them too... and the CM at Figment even begged to buy them off me ! (They weren't as common then as they are now.)
I started wearing them at day 3 or 4.. we were there for 2 weeks that time. The hot spots disappeared and my feel felt SO much better. I made it through without blisters!

I've been wearing them ever since. Last year I lasted 3 weeks, and only got one blister. A small one, and I know it's because I allowed a callous to develope. Be sure you feet are callous free!

My feet and legs still get tired! Poo-sized and weeks of walking, they can't help it. But the blisters used to KILL me.. now, no blisters, and my feet and legs are definately less tired too.
I feel like the poster child for crocs. My vacations to the world are so much better because of them! I know some people get blisters with them, and they don't like them... I'm just so glad they work for me. And you know what, they're not so ugly anymore:)

JFYI, I wear them without socks. Only once when we went in Dec did I wear them with socks as it was a bit chilly then.

Also.. CAUTION! Crocs will be SLIPPERY when some types of ground are wet. Under the breezeways at Epcot, some of the tiles there are VERY slippery when wet with crocs on. Be careful and hold onto little ones!

I'm also not a big croc fan, in fact I was sorely disappointed. After reading all the magical reports here I tried a pair. All I can say is that I thought they were name appropriately, they were a bunch of croc. Not only were they butt ugly, they were no more comfortable than my sneakers. I threw them out before I even left disney.

:rotfl2: You guys are too funny! Crocs come in at least 20 different styles not just the ugly big boating style. I wore my flip-flop style really cute and unobtrusive brown Crocs to WDW two weeks ago at 23 weeks pregnant with twins! No blisters, sore joints or problems! In fact I was walking at a fast clip through all the parks with some interesting looks due to my belly size and how fast I was going. My Crocs saw me through the trip. Dh got blisters from his Keen water sandals but not me.

I am surprised that so many of you like Crocs so much. I HATE mine!! :scared1: They make my feet so sweaty, and then I blister like crazy! I only wear them for gardening, as they are so easy to rinse off. But aside from that, I would never wear them out, and certainly not for long periods of walking time.

So, any other recommendations? I could use a good non-Croc, non-athletic shoe solution! :thumbsup2

omg, I hate my crocs, too! They are real crocs, and my feet sweat horribly in them (no other sandal or flipflop is like this!) and they feel horrible. I will try them with socks, though. Like you, I just use mine for gardening anymore.

i swore i would NEVER wear them, they ARE horribly ugly. once i started my marathon training, my calves would no longer allow me to wear any of my 100+ pairs of heals...so i bought the baja flippies and i LOVE them. i have a pair of the disney clog style too, but i only use them for housework-they make my feet sweat horribly. i also have a pair of the cyprus crocs, i was curious about them, they're ok...

i would look at some of the flip flop styles, they are REALLY comfy and not as ugly as the others.

:rotfl2: You guys are too funny! Crocs come in at least 20 different styles not just the ugly big boating style. I wore my flip-flop style really cute and unobtrusive brown Crocs to WDW two weeks ago at 23 weeks pregnant with twins! No blisters, sore joints or problems!

Which style did you have?

I bought some Teva Mush sandals based on reviews here and although I haven't worn them to WDW yet, I've worn them extensively this summer and I will definitely be bringing them along with me to WDW in Dec.

My calves hurt a bit the first few days I wore them and in btwn. my toes felt a bit hot, but no blisters and I wear them all day sometimes now and haven't had a blister pop up yet.

I bought them on sale for $10!! I couldn't care less that they were last year's style and I now have 2 more pairs packed away for me, one for dh, and a couple pairs for the kids. With that deal I stocked up!

My game plan is to bring a pair of well-broken-in running shoes, a pair of Teva Mush Sandals, and a pair of crocs for each of us. Then we can switch every day or every other day or if we find one pair of footwear works perfectly we will just stick with the ones that work best :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter