Shoes and water bottles!

We wear the Hoka Bondi series (7 or 8) with feetures socks. I had a hip replacement a few years ago (at age 50) and I can walk the 4-5 miles a day without pain or blisters in Hokas. Well worth the cost to me and our entire family now wears them. They dry quickly, but we have alternate plans for rain and water rides such as the closed toe sandals (Hopara). We use the recovery slides for the room and pool. No relationship or interest in Hoka One One, just happy customers.

We typically carry a stainless water bottle (Costco thermoflask 24oz) in our small Osprey day pack so it not a big deal. If we go without the bag, we go without the water bottle and simply take breaks and get water at the counter service locations or spring for a bottle when desperate. I hate lanyards so that option would not work for me....
Mike

We wear the Hoka Bondi series (7 or 8) with feetures socks. I had a hip replacement a few years ago (at age 50) and I can walk the 4-5 miles a day without pain or blisters in Hokas. Well worth the cost to me and our entire family now wears them. They dry quickly, but we have alternate plans for rain and water rides such as the closed toe sandals (Hopara). We use the recovery slides for the room and pool. No relationship or interest in Hoka One One, just happy customers.

We typically carry a stainless water bottle (Costco thermoflask 24oz) in our small Osprey day pack so it not a big deal. If we go without the bag, we go without the water bottle and simply take breaks and get water at the counter service locations or spring for a bottle when desperate. I hate lanyards so that option would not work for me....
Mike
I wore some Hoka's last December and they were great when I was walking but when I had to stand in one place for a long time (waiting for fireworks) they got super "hard" and my feet hurt like crazy. It's hard to explain how it felt but it was horrible.

Based on all the recommendations on this thread for Asics I ordered several pair from Zappos to try and they just didn't feel good and were too small - I even sized up. So I'll be going with my trusty New Balance Foam for September and D23. But I also bring a couple pairs of shoes/sturdy sandals (Love Merrell!) to switch between throughout the day and the entire trip.

For shoes, my favs are light hiking sneakers from Salomon. This year, my costume requires a different sneaker, so I'm actually breaking them in on a treadmill before we go (and thank goodness).

In the past, I was the one who had the giant backpack that had everything. I didn't mind much, however the water bottles are a pain. Eventually everyone I go with started taking along their own water bottles, so we just made sure they had a size that fit their choice of backpack. Or if they wanted a fanny pack, that it had a bottle holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter