Ship Of Fools Men's Thread: Repo Cruise Motif- Ship Shape Or Shipwreck

mark & sandra

DIS Veteran
This is in response to our fellow cruisers who seem to have found an outlet for issues that weigh heavy on their minds. Like the women on our cruise, the men also have issues to deal with. Granted they might not seem as important as looking good in that new bathing suit, but in keeping with our SHIP OF FOOLS theme I thought this could be a place to air our concerns.

Some of the questions that have been raised on our other thread:

Formal nights- What motif? Ship Shape or Ship Wreck?

What exactly is a fun night out? Smoking a fine cigar while sipping a glass of Cognac in Sessions or dancing to Cotton-Eyed Joe in Rockin' Bar D?

Is it wrong to pay another man 200.00 to rub hot stones with oil over your body for 1½ hours? Or is it just wrong to enjoy it so much?

mark & sandra said:
This is in response to our fellow cruisers who seem to have found an outlet for issues that weigh heavy on their minds. Like the women on our cruise, the men also have issues to deal with. Granted they might not seem as important as looking good in that new bathing suit, but in keeping with our SHIP OF FOOLS theme I thought this could be a place to air our concerns.

Some of the questions that have been raised on our other thread:

Formal nights- What motif? Ship Shape or Ship Wreck?

What exactly is a fun night out? Smoking a fine cigar while sipping a glass of Cognac in Sessions or dancing to Cotton-Eyed Joe in Rockin' Bar D?

Is it wrong to pay another man 200.00 to rub hot stones with oil over your body for 1½ hours? Or is it just wrong to enjoy it so much?

Thankyou Mark.

I too have been having many sleepless nights over my formal wear. My dark suit is a tad snug lately? Water retention? No I think it is pizza and pasta, but nevertheless no less disconcerting.

I have begun a new regimen to rectify this and hopefully the white socks won't clash with my suit.

Also I burn easily. Is it really a no no to wear white socks with my Birkenstocks?

Thanks again Mark this should be a splendid venue to discuss this without the prying sisters.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Grumbo said:
Thanks again Mark this should be a splendid venue to discuss this without the prying sisters.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Don't count on it! How long to do you give Mel to find you here?

Tracy

redblink.gif
Warning! Warning! Sisterhood Member Detected! Warning! Warning!
redblink.gif

winotracy said:
Don't count on it! How long to do you give Mel to find you here?

Tracy

I spoke with her Bob about her computer time. He said he is the boss so I am sure she won't be harrassing us here.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Just had a light breakfast this morning.

2_big.jpg

As you can see, I skipped the water alltogether. How about you guys?

kmiles said:
Just had a light breakfast this morning.

2_big.jpg

As you can see, I skipped the water alltogether. How about you guys?

I had the little lady cook me up some eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon!

Hey, KMiles (oops, almost made a mistake), where can I get that manly banner you got!

Meeting Minutes of RMA (Real Men Aboard) Group - 1/23/05

Following are the action items from our meeting:

1. Hooters T-Shirts will be ordered in the following sizes:
S (small)
XS (extra small)
US (unbelievably small)
PN (practically non-existent)
action: izzinmac

2. Leashes will be available, but it was determined that muzzles were unacceptable as a restraint mechanism.
action: Grumbo

3. Given that we have at least one confirmed winner of a wet T-shirt contest, we will have her act as MC on the nitely RMA wives competition (in order to give others a fighting chance).

4. In order to ensure luggage is safe and received in a timely manner, we will appoint someone to oversee handling concerns.
action: Mark

Respectfully submitted 1/25/05;

Jazzman
acting secretary, RMA

Grumbo,
Now that you are moderator of the chat, do we have to let the females join? I notice you took care of intruders last night. I imagine it was very pleasant without to mindless chatter!!!
Bob

Point taken re the leashes and muzzles Jazz.
I am going to put it forth to the membership the invisible fence method be considered. A collar with a minimal amount of voltage still looks good in formal wear and dissuades improper, or unnecessary chatter at the meal table.

Cheers,
Grumbo

izzinmac said:
Grumbo,
Now that you are moderator of the chat, do we have to let the females join? I notice you took care of intruders last night. I imagine it was very pleasant without to mindless chatter!!!
Bob

:rotfl: :rotfl:
That was merely done at the ejectee's request, or should I say "dare".

Cheers,
Grumbo

Jazz,
I know its a few more bucks, but doesn't the group think we ought to get short shorts with the T shirts. I'm afraid if we leave it up to the gals, we'll end up with Hooters Ts on top and spandex on the bottom. That'l loose some of the impact!
Bob

izzinmac said:
Jazz,
I know its a few more bucks, but doesn't the group think we ought to get short shorts with the T shirts. I'm afraid if we leave it up to the gals, we'll end up with Hooters Ts on top and spandex on the bottom. That'l loose some of the impact!
Bob
I thought we had decided just to let them wear their panties as a cost-saving measure? You might be right - let me review my notes...

-Jazz

What was the final consensus on the Palo Tea?
Beer and wings or Tea with cucumber sandwiches?
The scones with clotted cream ARE divine. I had them the last time. So many choices!!!

Cheers,
Grumbo

izzinmac said:
Hey, KMiles (oops, almost made a mistake), where can I get that manly banner you got!

I thought you would never ask!

The image address is:

Code:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/kmiles/brotherhoodg.gif

Just put it in your sig. with the the image tags [img.] [/img.] around it. (Make sure you take out the . though! :)

Personally, I think all of the Brotherhood should have this in their sig. so we can present a united force. ;)

Just got off the phone with DCL. After much discussion I finally got them to agree to let the Sisterhood use the backstage laundry rooms for all of the cruise laundry.

See, I was just thinking that it would take way too long for the Sisterhood to use the regular machines. The backstage laundry equipment can handle much larger loads and will thus take less time for the women to complete the laundry. (See, how can they say that the Brotherhood doesn't think of their concerns?!?!)

At any rate, here is an image of one of the washers:

milnorpic2.jpg

Let's make sure that the women pack plenty of laundry detergent and other supplies for the trip. Since they're going to be the ones doing all the laundry, I see no reason why the Brotherhood should worry themselves about such things as detergent. I mean, we're on vacation!

kmiles said:
Just got off the phone with DCL. After much discussion I finally got them to agree to let the Sisterhood use the backstage machines....

At any rate, here is an image of one of the washers:

milnorpic2.jpg
Gee, I was planning to just let my wife use the shower. Aren't you afraid they'll get bruised bathing in there?

Well, I guess maybe if we put 2 or 3 of them in there with a "Cling-Free" it would be OK...

-Jazz

That is so considerate guys.
There is a special excursion I saw for the ladies too that I think is awesome.
They help to "Bring the Magic" home personally. As we traverse the Panama Canal, rather than trains pulling the ship, the Sisterhood pulls the ship with a rowboat.
I have included some photos of how it will be for them. btw guys we get $5 added for every sister we can get involved in this. Like that is some serious coin :)

small.cg0054.jpg

Cheers,
Grumbo

Jazzman said:
I thought we had decided just to let them wear their panties as a cost-saving measure? You might be right - let me review my notes...

-Jazz

I think you are right, Jazz. I faintly remember that discussion. When that suggestion was made, I couldn't hear the rest of it, because all the guys were yelling "wooo wooo". But it makes sense based on everyone's reaction.

BTW, we may have to rethink the Hooters T shirts. When I mentioned them to Mary, she was quite vocal and precise in her response. I can still hear her! She said, "I don't wan't no Hooters Tshirt. I want Hooters to replace my Hooters. Man, that'll put us waaaaay over budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter