She's Collecting Castles and Staying at Copper Creek, a January-February 2021 Trip Report (Completed 5/7, Updated 5/17)

ater we discovered that Tomorrowland Terrace had the food from Colombia Harbor House, and it had much more available seating and was a pleasant experience. This will be our QS go to at MK as long as it lasts.
That's good to know. We plan to spend more time at MK during our April trip and this would be perfect. :)

Loving your TR, as usual! Great pics and entertaining dialogue, thanks!
Awesome! It is always neat to hear that people are following along, and even better that you are enjoying it! You are most welcome, and thanks for joining in.

That's good to know. We plan to spend more time at MK during our April trip and this would be perfect. :)
It will be great until the secret gets out or they stop doing it, but till them it should be pretty nice. We couldn't figure out why CHH would be closed, but then saw that they were using the location for ride queue space.

When we left off, we were regrouping after a meal at Pecos Bill's. Grandma and Grandpa headed to see Country Bears, and then make their way back to the resort while the rest of us went to ride Big Thunder Mountain.

We got in line at 12:50 with it showing a 30 minute wait, and got on at 1:14. The wait in line was chilly, with the wind blowing through the open windows into the queue.

It was crazy cold on top of the mountain.

The kids both enjoyed the ride, and it wasn't as cold on it as it was waiting for it. They both rode it last year, but this time it wasn't as big of a deal and nobody was particularly scared. It is neat to be able to ride more stuff with all of us. They are growing up...

I don't think we did a baby swap at all on this trip. We are coming out of the fog of babyhood for sure.

After Big Thunder, we resisted the urge to walk right on Splash Mountain, and instead headed for Pirates, which showed a 30 minute wait.

It was a longer wait than we would normally invest in but we had no where to be.

We were most of the way through the line when they announced that the ride was had gone down, and asked us to turn around and exit the queue. We took the opportunity to follow some people out an exit to backstage, so we at least got a bit of a tour for our time we invested.

It wasn't that spectacular, we saw a trailer and some trash cans and quickly made our way back out to the park.

From here though we decided we would do some shopping on Main Street instead of hopping on another ride.

We went to the Emporium, and Allie and Melissa checked out the Nuimos, and since the 30% discount had started for APs and DVC members, she went ahead and bought Stitch.

It was the first day of the new AP discount so we made use of that and Stitch joined the Nuimo friends.

When we left the shop, we saw Gaston riding down Main Street on his horse.

We decided we wanted to be super early to dinner so after we were done at the emporium we decided to go over to the Contemporary.

We left the park at 2:58, which didn't leave us with enough time to spend much time at the resort before traveling back to the Contemporary, so we figured a monorail ride was in order.

We were really comfy in our own personal car so we went around twice.

We got to the CR the first time at 3:06, and stayed on, getting to the TTC at 3:10, then saw the Poly construction. The old station was a hole in the ground.

We then got to the Grand Floridian at 3:17, and back to MK at 3:20. We then got off at the CR this time.

When we did get off at the CR, we checked out the gift shops. These are some of our favorite resort shops, and always seem to have something different than you see everywhere else. Without the Blue Flag boats running between WL and CR, we hadn't been here yet this trip.

One of the poor mannequins was looking like she had a rough day in the parks. The kids thought it was pretty funny.

We were in need of some good dessert so we stopped at Contempo Cafe while Brandy and Jon went down to check out the Wave bar.

We always enjoy the desserts here, and we had a little time before dinner so we shared a worms and dirt cake and a peanut butter pie. Both were good, but pretty rich.

The peanut butter pie is one of my favorite desserts on property. It's so so good.

It was good, but sharing them worked well and we still had more than we needed.

OHOH OH can we back up here just a bit, like maybe an hour or two.

Lol I know what's coming...

I'd like everyone to scroll back and notice my mouse ears.... yes there after Big Thunder Mountain my ears got put back on backwards unbeknownst to me.

In all fairness, I didn't know either.

So for hours I'm walking around with my ears on backwards.

And I'm there with you, taking pictures and hanging out, not noticing a thing.

Then when I need to use the restroom while we were at Contempo Cafe you have to have your temp taken before you go in that area and the nice lady there told me they were backwards.

She's obviously far more observant than your loving husband.

Melissa was not thrilled with the rest of us since she had to find out they were backwards from a stranger. It didn't help our case when we went back and saw them backwards in all the pictures...

We'll just note this for the future... Now back to our pre-dinner activities.

After we finished our snack at 4:10, we met up with Grandma and Grandpa who arrived via the monorail after taking the boat from WL to MK.

We had time for another new activity, going and checking out the DVC rooms at Bay Lake Tower. We had heard that each DVC resort had room open for members to stop by and see as sort of an open house, without having to schedule a formal tour. This was perfect for us, since we had seen beautiful pictures of the inside of these rooms, but hadn't really gotten to experience them by just walking the hallways.

We were excited to see the inside of one of these rooms. With our next trip kind of up in the air logistically we wanted to SEE what our options were. We've never been fans of the feel of the hallways and lobby of Bay Lake Tower but we were curious about the inside of the rooms.

What does Brandy call the theming here?...

Modern Hospital, and once you hear it you can kinda see it.

We went over to the front desk of Bay Lake tower, and they called up to the DVC room and then sent us up.

It was a beautiful 2 bedroom with a view of Bay Lake, and we were the only ones there at the time.

It was a beautiful room and after seeing the room I can see staying here at some point potentially.

It was a lot prettier than the hallways. While we were there Melissa Facetimed Jon and Brandy, who were still at the Wave Bar.

When we left there we went down to the first floor and out to walk across to the Contemporary lobby. This avoided the bridge, which isn't Melissa's favorite.

It really isn't. We collected Jon and Brandy from the bar and then headed upstairs to check in for dinner.

We woke Marshall up, who had been sleeping in the stroller since the monorail ride, and that went pretty well.

We were excited to be checking in for Cali Grill...

We were able to park the stroller and Grandma's ECV near the checkin desk, then we got temp checked and rode the elevator to the top floor.

When we got upstairs, they led us to what we all agreed was the best table in the restaurant. It was in the far right corner, with a perfect view of MK.

It was spectacular. Somehow we timed dinner to be right during sunset and I think it was so much better than a fireworks view.

I will always try for this meal at sunset now. Besides the wonderful view, our server Mark was excellent, and the food was great too. We decided to have a steak
competition, as Jon and I ordered the Filet, while Melissa and Brandy ordered the even more expensive Wagyu.

I got to sample both dishes, and probably slightly preferred the filet. Everything was nice though, including the upscale sides and desserts.

The food was fantastic and both steaks were great. It's hard to pick a favorite.

The server explained that here the Wagyu refers to the process used to raise the beef. In practice, it meant that both were regular steaks with different sauces on top, not the super rich, melt in your mouth style Wagyu strips like you get at Teppan Edo.

Wagyu is actually the breed group of cattle technically.

For dessert we got a crème Brule and Jon ordered the souffle, and both were good. Allie got cookies and ice cream, which were very good too.

We had a nice leisurely meal while we watched the park light up for the evening. By the time we left, it was dark and we had a nice view of MK all lit up.

It was my favorite overall meal of the trip, while Teppan Edo still held on to the spot for best steak.

It was probably my favorite meal of the trip too, the view, the food, it just had it all.

When we left, we got to the monorail at 7:18. We were able to all sit together in one car, but we were held up by the monorail ahead of us having a maintenance procedure. We waited, then left about 7:27 and circled around to MK, arriving there at 7:37.

We then walked over to the buses since there was not a boat waiting, and we again thought it would be warmer.

We would have needed to wait for a big boat anyway because of the scooter so the bus was just the way to go.

A bus soon arrived at 7:46, and we got to WL at 7:55. It was more complicated than going downstairs and hopping on a boat to get to WL, but we made it back without any problems.

I never mind riding the monrail extra. It's such a fun transportation option that's completely unique. This was an example of some of the transportation challenges right now without the resort boats not running. Although thinking about it we couldn't have rode one of those anyway with the scooter.

When we got back to WL we stopped at the Mercantile for a bit and bought a few more things with the discount. We picked up some items for cooking breakfast in the room the next day.

Then we went up to the room early and pretty much just relaxed.

Marshall wanted to settle a score with Jon on Mario Kart so they played a little before we had to pry the controller out of his hands to go to bed.

I went down to Roaring Fork at 8:40 for a couple of cokes and to see about soft serve ice cream, but they didn't currently have it like they used to, so we settled for a magic cookie bar instead which we sat on the couch and enjoyed together.

I just love those things. I'm glad they still have them even with the more limited menu. You know what I missed this trip? The cucumber salad. That was so good.

Ahh yeah. I did miss my late night soft serve, but overall Roaring Fork was pretty good when it was open, I just wished it stayed open till 11 instead of 10. This night it didn't much matter though, because we got both kids through the shower and were all in bed by 10.

It was truly a miracle. Both of our kids are night owls and it's tough to get them in bed on vacation.

We had a nice relaxing morning coming up, since we had another Epcot day planned with the 11AM park open, so join us as we cook breakfast in the room in our next update.

What a great view at California Grill. It looks like Donald and Daisy had the best seats there out of any of you! What kind of dessert souffle was it?

I hope you don't feel too bad that your ears were on backwards for a while, Melissa. It's the minor and harmless mishaps like that, that make experiences more memorable!

It was the end of another fantastic Disney day.

Up next we head back to Magic Kingdom where we try not to freeze again and end the day with dinner with a view.
It looks like everyone had a fabulous day! I find the humidity in Florida makes it feel so much colder when the temperatures drop. It's a damp cold that just seeps into you. I'm Canadian and I felt the cold on my December 2019 trip. I was really wishing I had have brought a proper jacket.
It was my favorite overall meal of the trip, while Teppan Edo still held on to the spot for best steak.

It was probably my favorite meal of the trip too, the view, the food, it just had it all.
Your meal at California Grill looks fantastic!

Loving your report. What a great table and view at CG. Very magical!

I’ve never been a big fan of the WL theme (I’m not an outdoorsy woodsy person) but have always wanted to stay there around Christmas. But your pictures are making me want to stay there no matter the time of year.

Next trip I’m going to make it a point to stop by Geyser Point for a relaxing lunch.

Last edited:
That is a really cute picture of Paul and Allie. :)
We were really comfy in our own personal car so we went around twice.
And I bet it was warmer in there than outside. :)
We got to the CR the first time at 3:06, and stayed on, getting to the TTC at 3:10, then saw the Poly construction. The old station was a hole in the ground.
I was surprised at how totally destroyed the monorail station was. It looks like it will take a really long time to replace it.
One of the poor mannequins was looking like she had a rough day in the parks. The kids thought it was pretty funny.
It isn't like Disney to have something in their store look like this.
Melissa was not thrilled with the rest of us since she had to find out they were backwards from a stranger. It didn't help our case when we went back and saw them backwards in all the pictures...
It is bad that no one noticed but it also doesn't look too terrible. I had something like that happen at our wedding, when no one told me that my veil was crooked for most of the evening.
It was a beautiful room and after seeing the room I can see staying here at some point potentially.
How did it compare to the 2 br at CCV? I like the jetted tub.
When we got upstairs, they led us to what we all agreed was the best table in the restaurant. It was in the far right corner, with a perfect view of MK.
This is a great view. I love getting a view of the sunset when dining out.
I just love those things. I'm glad they still have them even with the more limited menu.
I always pick up a Magic Cookie bar when visiting the WL. They are really good. :)

What a great view at California Grill. It looks like Donald and Daisy had the best seats there out of any of you! What kind of dessert souffle was it?
It was just perfect, and the view was amazing. I took a bunch of pictures, and we really loved how it changed throughout the meal with the beautiful sunset. The Ducks were definitely living the high life, and fortunately Duck was not on the menu. The souffle was chocolate, and apparently has been around CA Grill for a while, since there are copycat recipes online. The server warned that it took 30 minutes to prepare, but it was great since we were glad to hang out.

I hope you don't feel too bad that your ears were on backwards for a while, Melissa. It's the minor and harmless mishaps like that, that make experiences more memorable!
She won't forget it...

It looks like everyone had a fabulous day! I find the humidity in Florida makes it feel so much colder when the temperatures drop. It's a damp cold that just seeps into you. I'm Canadian and I felt the cold on my December 2019 trip. I was really wishing I had have brought a proper jacket.
It is funny how the humidity brings out the extremes, because we are used to complaining about it in the heat. Being from California, we really don't have proper jackets. It got down to 39 last night, and that's cold.

Your meal at California Grill looks fantastic!
It was great. It was our second time there, and the perfect table location made it great for us this time.

Loving your report. What a great table and view at CG. Very magical!
Thank you! It was a neat restaurant experience, and not drastically more expensive than far more normal meals like 50's Prime time or Liberty Tree. It had that DIsney Magic for sure.

I’ve never been a big fan of the WL theme (I’m not an outdoorsy woodsy person) but have always wanted to stay there around Christmas. But your pictures are making me want to stay there no matter the time of year.

Next trip I’m going to make it a point to stop by Geyser Point for a relaxing lunch.
Ahh yes, the WL theme... We both agree that it sometimes gets unfairly associated with Fort Wilderness and camping outdoors. In our opinion, it is great for people who aren't into camping and and the outdoors, but appreciate natural scenery and a nice hotel. We feel it is the luxury resort in the beautiful location that really makes it for us. It definitely isn't "roughing it" in any way, and Melissa loves that. She isn't about to sleep in a tent...

Stopping by to check it out and enjoy the quiet beauty and how it contrasts with the business of the parks sounds like a nice plan. It could lead to you making a future reservation there though...

That is a really cute picture of Paul and Allie. :)
Thanks, we really liked that one, and picked it for the introductions.

And I bet it was warmer in there than outside. :)
That it was. It was really nice.

I was surprised at how totally destroyed the monorail station was. It looks like it will take a really long time to replace it.
So were we! They completely took it out, and could have been putting in a subway station there. They made visible progress while we were there though, and I expect it will be built back up better than ever before long.

It isn't like Disney to have something in their store look like this.
It was a rare sight, and was soon resolved. We can all relate though...

It is bad that no one noticed but it also doesn't look too terrible. I had something like that happen at our wedding, when no one told me that my veil was crooked for most of the evening.
The funny part is it was the temperature check lady who noticed and was sweet enough to point it out. Yet another un-foreseen benefit of COVID adaptations.

How did it compare to the 2 br at CCV? I like the jetted tub.
It was bigger than the CCV 2 bedroom, although both have the jetted tub in the master. The living room just had a different layout, and there was more of a laundry room which was nice. I still prefer WL for the rest of the resort, but the inside of that room was really nice.

This is a great view. I love getting a view of the sunset when dining out.
I don't know why we didn't think of scheduling this around the sunset before, but we definitely will in the future. We got to experience both the day and night view, with the beautiful sunset in between.

I always pick up a Magic Cookie bar when visiting the WL. They are really good. :)
They are Melissa's favorite. I remember getting them at Port Orleans too, and we have even made something similar at home. We were all glad they were still available at Roaring Fork.

I LOVE Brandy's description of the theming at BLT! :) He is spot on in my opinion. The room looks wonderful though, and the location cannot be beat if visiting MK. Can't wait to read your next update. You all always have a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.

I LOVE Brandy's description of the theming at BLT! :) He is spot on in my opinion. The room looks wonderful though, and the location cannot be beat if visiting MK. Can't wait to read your next update. You all always have a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.
Yeah, the resorts are all different, but from the hallway we can see his point. We would still stay there, but CR has always felt busy to us too. The views are nice though, even on the Bay Lake side. Walking to MK is neat, but it takes 5-10 minutes and you have to wait and cross a street. We love visiting, but probably won’t spend the extra to stay there soon.

I am late but I am in!! I haven’t been on the DIS in years but have been back and browsing for info on our upcoming trip. I have been enjoying reading your report! I even went back to several of your older TR’s because they are so fun to read! We are taking our daughter to WDW for her 5th bday and staying at the WL this summer so your insights have been so helpful and fun to read! I love seeing both of your perspectives on the trip as well!

I fell a little behind, but caught up now. Cali Grill at sunset sounds so perfect! I’ll have to keep it in mind for future trips.

One thing about your reports that I absolutely adore, is how Jon and Brandy interact with your kids. You have a great balance of doing things together, or splitting up when you all feel like doing different things. It seems like you all have a wonderful relationship. I especially love Marshall and Jon having a Mario Kart rematch!

I am late but I am in!! I haven’t been on the DIS in years but have been back and browsing for info on our upcoming trip. I have been enjoying reading your report! I even went back to several of your older TR’s because they are so fun to read! We are taking our daughter to WDW for her 5th bday and staying at the WL this summer so your insights have been so helpful and fun to read! I love seeing both of your perspectives on the trip as well!
Welcome aboard, we are happy that you found us. That is a thing about the DISBoards, they are always there and a lot of fun when you get back into planning a trip. COngratulations on your upcoming visit to WL, you should have a great time. Feel free to ask us any questions you might have.

We are glad that we aren't the only ones who go back and read old trip reports. :)

I fell a little behind, but caught up now. Cali Grill at sunset sounds so perfect! I’ll have to keep it in mind for future trips.

One thing about your reports that I absolutely adore, is how Jon and Brandy interact with your kids. You have a great balance of doing things together, or splitting up when you all feel like doing different things. It seems like you all have a wonderful relationship. I especially love Marshall and Jon having a Mario Kart rematch!
That was the time for Cali as far as we are concerned. If there had been fireworks we could have come back up for them, but we did just fine without them.

We are super lucky to have found people who are willing to vacation with our crazy kids. They have been friends of ours for a very long time, and used to hear us talk about Disney World and thought it sounded like fun. Then one year they came, and we all have been having a ball ever since.

On Wednesday. I got up and went out about 6:30. Someone on the WL thread had said it was a nice day to sit by the fire, so I made it my morning mission to take fireplace pics. Here's a few of the more unique ones.

I also walked around the resort and got some other morning pictures. I caught the sunrise by Geyser Point before heading back up to the room about 8:00.

Melissa then got up to start working on breakfast, since we had bought bacon and pancake mix the night before.

Jon and I cooked up the bacon and pancakes for everyone. It was a super yummy fun way to start the morning. Sorry Disney, my bacon is better.

It absolutely is. You just can't beat fresh bacon, and it makes the room smell so nice.

Grandma and Grandpa came over at 9:00 and joined us for breakfast, and it was nice all hanging out together in the room. Once everyone was up and we were all done with breakfast, we left the room about 10:25 and made our way down to the bus stop. An Epcot bus was there but left full. At 10:35 another one showed up and we got right on.

It was the first time we weren't able to get on the first bus that arrived at the resort but once we did get on a bus it was still pretty empty.

Yeah, we still got very lucky with our timing, because we didn't have to wait long at all and we were on our way. The bus left WL at 10:39, and got to Epcot at 10:49. We walked right through security and got into the park just as it opened at 11.

We went straight to Test Track and got in line for it at 11:07. It showed a 60 minute wait, but we knew we wanted to wait for it.

We haven't waited in the full queue for Test Track since our Honeymoon. I think we waited 4 hours for it.

Unfortunately, shortly after we got inside they announced that the ride was experiencing difficulties and the wait time would be extended. We checked the app and it showed up as being closed, but we didn't have to get out of line so we waited.

Overall it wasn't too bad, and soone we were getting on

We got off the ride at 11:57.

I enjoyed getting to see a mid engined Corvette in person, and felt that I'd be happy to accept one in Yellow. Brandy is holding out for the Z06.

I think it should be my new daily driver since I don't have to haul both kids around all the time anymore.

We checked out the after market (Simporium, whatever) and Marshall and I both bought model car kits. They are Test Track cars the size of a Hot Wheels car, and I figured out we each needed one.

Marshall put his together and promptly lost all of the extra pieces. He loves that kind of stuff though and we definatly encourage the building of things.

Mine is still in its package, but Marshall's did turn out really neat and has held up. After that Jon and Brandy had some paperwork to sign, so they sat on a bench outside and we hung out for a minute. They offered to catch up, but nobody was in a big hurry.

We needed some snacks and some water I think. After work was done and snacking was complete we trekked over to the Land Pavillion

We made our way across the construction site that is the center of the park and into what arguably is our favorite pavilion.

First stop was the Living with the Land ride.

We had no wait at all and before we knew it we were on the boat. They added some vinyl barriers between rows which while annoying to look through weren't too bad and serve the purpose.

I liked the welcome back sign.

Yes that was a super cute touch. For those who haven't read previous reports or don't remember my degree is in Agriculture Science so I absolutely love this ride. It's my favorite and it didn't disappoint yet again.

After the boats we headed right over to Soarin, where we got in line at 1:01. This is such a neat ride, you wouldn't think one of our kids would be scared of it. Especially the kid who loved its original version, but now has decided the around the world version is too scary.

Call us terrible parents but we kinda didn't put up with her being so nuts upset about the ride and told her if she didn't want to ride it she could wait by herself because we weren't doing baby swap.

It turns out she completely survived! Nothing bad happened and we don't think she's scarred for life.

She survived just fine and we all got to ride together, even Grandma and Grandpa.

We got off the ride right at 1:30, which meant it was time to quickly move towards lunch. We had an ADR at Via Napoli, which set us up for our annual sprint across Epcot.

Somehow we have to do this sprint every time. Tradition I suppose.

Do we make it to Via Napoli before they give our table away? Stay tuned to find out...

Call us terrible parents but we kinda didn't put up with her being so nuts upset about the ride and told her if she didn't want to ride it she could wait by herself because we weren't doing baby swap.

It turns out she completely survived! Nothing bad happened and we don't think she's scarred for life.

LOL - sounds like us. Glad she survived (not that you had any doubts she would). I'm really enjoying your trip report and can't wait to see the rest. Thanks!

It absolutely is. You just can't beat fresh bacon, and it makes the room smell so nice.
The benefit of Epcot opening at 11am is plenty of time for a nice breakfast. :)
it was a nice day to sit by the fire, so I made it my morning mission to take fireplace pics.
The cold weather makes the WL fireplaces really nice. My favorite fireplace is in the Carolina Pacific room.
For those who haven't read previous reports or don't remember my degree is in Agriculture Science so I absolutely love this ride. It's my favorite and it didn't disappoint yet again.
That is a really cool major. :)

LOL - sounds like us. Glad she survived (not that you had any doubts she would). I'm really enjoying your trip report and can't wait to see the rest. Thanks!
Yeah, it is so funny because she loved this ride when she was four, but now is scared of it at11, seriously?

We are glad that you are enjoying the report. We are having fun reliving it too!.

The benefit of Epcot opening at 11am is plenty of time for a nice breakfast. :)
Yeah, there's always a bright side. It felt so strange to wait that long and still be there at park open.

The cold weather makes the WL fireplaces really nice. My favorite fireplace is in the Carolina Pacific room.
Yes, we got some pics of it too. I sat over there on a few cold mornings.

That is a really cool major. :)
Thanks! She enjoyed it. She thought she might be an Agriculture Teacher, but working for the elevator company has worked out well, even if she doesn't get to apply her tractor driving skills.

When we left off, we were looking to teleport across Epcot, because it was time for lunch at Via Napoli. Instead we just went on a direct walking mission, with Grandma Nancy leading the way in her super speedy scooter. It was funny that we had to work to keep up with her.

My legs are shorter than all the boys and I had trouble keeping up but we managed to sprint

We arrived just before 2:00, and found the restaurant to not be crowded at all. It was the quietest we have ever seen there. Our ADR was for a later time because the earlier times were all booked up, but they must not have been operating at anywhere near full capacity.

There's no way, the restaurant was almost empty. We checked in a little late but it was no problem and they seated us at a gigantic round table with a duck man staring at us through the window.

We were disappointed that the lasagna was no longer on the menu, but we found workarounds. We got a big pizza for me, Brandy and Grandpa, then a personal one for Melissa and Jon. Both had Italian sausage and pepperoni, but Melissa added artichoke hearts which changed the flavor. We also got tortellini, which had pancetta in it and was great too.

The tortellini was so good and Brandy and Paul had a good time telling me how I ruined our pizza by adding artichoke hearts.

It was kinda funny. I wouldn't usually mind artichoke hearts, but this time they killed it. The other version was one of the best pizzas I've had though, so it was great.

We really enjoyed our lunch and even ordered desert. Tiramisu and Pistachio Cheesecake.

The kids each had spaghetti and enjoyed it.

Both desserts were good, but I decided to have some more pizza instead.

We left Via Napoli totally stuffed, which I feared would happen. We decided to wait and not go see the sample villa at Beach Club this day, and instead headed straight for the Skyliner station. On the way Jon got an orange slush drink that looked yummy.

He really enjoyed it. We took Allie over to check out the UK pavillion while he finished it. The shop was super crowded and we weren't really able to see much but it was nice to visit.

The line for the skyliner was short, and they loaded the ECV in one detached gondola and then everybody else in an adjacent one from the main line. I rode with Grandma and Grandpa. Everyone really enjoyed the ride.

The Skyliner is really growing on me. It's a fun transportation option and is getting less scary. I rode with Jon and Brandy with Allie and we decided that we should cancel our Whispering Canyon reservation for the next night to allow for more flexibility.

That would leave us in Epcot without any deadlines the next day, which would prove to be relaxing. But back to this day, we arrived at Riviera at 4:30 and took the quick walking tour. We saw the mosaics, then found an elevator to get up to the lobby. We basically just walked right through, with our goal being to get to the bus stop and head for Disney Springs. I did stop at the gift shop, and found a nice DVC polo shirt that I saw last year but they didn't have my size. I wound up running back up there from the bus stop to get it.

We had quite the wait for a bus. We were able to get on the second one though.

Yeah, the first bus came at 5:04, but left a bunch of people at the stop. A few AK buses came in between, which frustrated the crowd, but about 5:25 another DS bus came and we got on it and left at 5:27. We arrived to DS at 5:35, which still wasn't bad overall transportation time.

When we got to Disney Springs we noticed the huge crowd difference with it being mid week. It was really quiet.

We went to the Columbia store, where I finally bought the jacket I had been looking at, and then over to the ever after jewelry store.

Paul bought me the matching earrings to the necklace that he had gotten me for Christmas. They're so pretty.

It worked out well, since she was on the fence about them, and we got the 30% off, and best of all I didn't have to find anything else for Valentine's Day.

Our next stop before dinner was the Joffrey store, where Melissa got some coffee like what she had been enjoying in the room.

It was a nice thing to bring home to remind us of the trip. And somehow I've turned Paul into a coffee drinker since we got home.

She bought a new coffee maker, and it is nice to have a pot of it right there, so I have started having some in the mornings.

We then walked over to Boathouse to check in for our 6:30 reservations. In order to get this one we had to do two separate reservations, and we were really nice about letting them know we were fine with seating in two groups if need be. They wound up giving us a great table for 8 all together, which we enjoyed.

It really worked out perfectly. I ordered the Mahi tacos to share with Allie and Marshall got Mac and Cheese again I think. It's likely he ate mac and cheese at almost every meal.

I think so, and I got a burger, this time I tried the Gibson's award winning one, and it was quite good. I eat a lot of burgers, and this is my favorite each year.

Jon also got the Oysters Rocafeller, which we all tried. Grandpa got the filet sliders, since he wasn't super hungry after the big lunch. The wide variety on the menu here let everyone find something, even if they were not starving.

Marshall was really excited to see the amphicars and I told Paul after dinner he should take the kids out in one.

We did the amphicar a couple of years ago, but Marshall slept through it and didn't go. We knew he would love it, and with the meal we got a discount, so we decided to do it. After dinner though when we wnt outside the cars were covered up. The had closed early due to cold weather and wind.

It was really cold again.

It was, but fortunately they said we could use the discount on another night, so even though we weren't planning on another Disney Springs night we figured we would see if we made it back.

We said goodbye to Jon, Brandy, Grandma, and Grandpa to trek across the bridge to check out the art store again to see if they still had the castle painting we'd seen a couple days earlier.

Grandma and Grandpa went back to the resort, and Jon and Brandy went to do some shopping. We went across the bridge to the art store. We had figured out that we might be able to get the 30% discount there as well. We knew it didn't apply to original or signed art, but this one was off the shelf, so just maybe...

When we got there the piece was gone but we started chatting with the wonderful CM there (Pam) who told us that we did in fact get the discount on most of the limited edition pieces.

She made a comment about the discount being the reason so much stuff had sold, and we figured we just missed out on it. She then asked if we had a few minutes to hang out while she investigated. We said we did, and she went to check the computer to see if anywhere else had the print.

She went to the back for a while and then came back and said it showed one at their store which she knew they did not have, but it also showed two at Bay View Gifts at the Contemporary.

Excited at the prospect, I figured I could make my way over there that night. She insisted on getting ahold of someone there first, because obviously the inventory system wasn't accurate.

We waited while she tried multiple numbers and operators, and always wound up with nobody answering. While we were waiting she drew sketches for the kids.

Eventually she had to use a regular phone which can only be found in the office in the back so she disappeared for a couple of more minutes.

When she emerged, she was smiling and informed us that they did have the painting, and it was on hold for us at Bay View Gifts until the end of the following day, so we didn't have to rush over there that night. The level of above and beyond service was just great, and the subject of an e-mail we wrote to Disney Guest Services when we got home. Thank you Pam!

I really really love this castle. I'm so glad we decided to buy it.

Getting the discount made the decision way easier, and her service was amazing. It set up a nice mission for the following morning. That night, we headed from there to the World of Disney store where we put the discount to further good use, buying gifts for our dog-sitter and another Nuimo outfit for Allie.

Spoiled child.

Spoiled ducks...

Marshall fell asleep in the stroller, and was done for the night.

After that, we headed to the bus and got there at 9:31 where it looked like we had just missed a bus. Another bus arrived at 9:41, and left at 9:42, also headed to the Contemporary after WL. I guess with the slow night and relatively few people there, they were combining some routes.

On the way back to the resort Conjunction Junction from school house rock came on. It made us all crack up, I’ve never heard that song before on the bus.

That was super odd. We pulled in to WL at 9:56, and I made a run for Roaring Fork to get last minute mug refills. I ran at a full sprint down the ramp, and got there just as they were shutting the door. Josh let me in for a couple of Cokes, and told me the story of his trip out for Cookies the night before to Disney Springs, when he wound up at Gideon’s with just a few minutes to go. He felt sorry for me, and I returned to the room with a pair of Diet Cokes for our evening wind down.

It was nice to sit and enjoy our leftover magic cookie bar and hang out after the kids were in bed.

After our treat and drinks we headed to bed, and had another relaxing morning to look forward to.

Coming up we check out some brand new stuff. Brand new baby stuff.

We arrived just before 2:00, and found the restaurant to not be crowded at all. It was the quietest we have ever seen there. Our ADR was for a later time because the earlier times were all booked up, but they must not have been operating at anywhere near full capacity.
We ate at Via Napoli in October and it felt like it was at 50% capacity.
We were disappointed that the lasagna was no longer on the menu,
I would think that lasagna would be a standard item. That's what DH usually orders. I like the spinach ravioli.
The Skyliner is really growing on me. It's a fun transportation option and is getting less scary.
The skyliner is a fun ride. :)
we arrived at Riviera at 4:30 and took the quick walking tour. We saw the mosaics, then found an elevator to get up to the lobby. We basically just walked right through, with our goal being to get to the bus stop and head for Disney Springs.
That was a good way to get to Disney Springs from Epcot. :)
Paul bought me the matching earrings to the necklace that he had gotten me for Christmas. They're so pretty.
I love the earrings.
It was really cold again.

It was, but fortunately they said we could use the discount on another night, so even though we weren't planning on another Disney Springs night we figured we would see if we made it back.
I bet Marshall was disappointed. But it does look too cold for it.
When she emerged, she was smiling and informed us that they did have the painting, and it was on hold for us at Bay View Gifts until the end of the following day, so we didn't have to rush over there that night. The level of above and beyond service was just great, and the subject of an e-mail we wrote to Disney Guest Services when we got home.
That was really nice of her. First the wallet in the window and then the painting. The CMs have been good to you. :)
Nuimo outfit for Allie.
The outfits are adorable. We saw a big display of the outfits in a shop in HS. I can see why Allie likes her NuiMos. It is fun to dress them up. :)
It was nice to sit and enjoy our leftover magic cookie bar and hang out after the kids were in bed.
That looks good. It is really nice to have a nice 2 br villa to sit and relax in after a busy day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter