She's Collecting Castles and Staying at Copper Creek, a January-February 2021 Trip Report (Completed 5/7, Updated 5/17)

Yes, we pulled off a surprise trip for Allie! She’s back, and it’s a surprise girl’s trip.
Yay! So fabulous!
After we got home in January, Melissa started looking at options for a stay to celebrate the end of the school year. She wound up getting a great deal on a room at Yacht Club. They snuck it in by having a “layover” at MCO on their way back from a weekend trip to visit Melissa’s sister in Virginia. They landed at MCO this morning, and we told Allie that their layover was longer than we had said, and they would be staying for five days. She cried, but is super excited.
We aren’t sure how trip reporting will go for this one, but we wanted to share the start of it with everyone now. We will keep you posted as their trip progresses.
Oh my gosh, I love it! I hope they have the best time!

What a great surprise! Can't wait to hear about it!
Thanks, they are taking notes and a bunch of pictures, so it will be fun to share.

What a wonderful surprise for Allie and a great treat for Melissa! They will get to see what a trip to the YC/BC is like. :)
Yes, that are having a ball. We are really looking forward to the Beach Club side of things in January, although WL is hard to beat.

Yay! So fabulous!
Oh my gosh, I love it! I hope they have the best time!
That are loving it so far. It was a great opportunity for them.

Ohhhhh.... so exciting!!!!! Happy for the girls.
Yes, it is a great trip, and one they will both remember forever.

Whoo-hoo!!!! Gotta love the magic of a 5 day layover at Disney!!! pixiedust:
Best layover ever!

They are having a great time.

DD1E1A4B-A7AA-469E-8E2D-C4BA8F11E6A1.jpegDA18ACA2-CF5A-4787-8BF8-3FB8BB26BB44.jpeg

It is a whole new world as far as mask wearing goes, as about 95% of people aren’t wearing them outside and you only have to put them on beyond a certain point in ride lines. Melissa is glad to be vaccinated, since the masking and distancing is nothing like what we saw in January. I guess it is part of the return to normal... Interestingly, they are enforcing that masks must be worn while not actively eating at 50’s Prime Time, which is more restrictive than we saw in January, but a rare exception to the overall more relaxed approach to mask requirements.

I wish that we didn't have to wear masks when walking around outside when it was 90 degrees out earlier this month, especially when walking around Crescent Lake. :)
Yes, they are really enjoying not having to wear them in the heat, and it has been pretty warm.
Today they have a lazy morning waiting for Epcot to open. It is nice not to have to add in transportation time to get there!

I loved this trip report. Such a fun read! Did you ever spot the teacups near the sword on your refection painting? A few years ago we stayed at WL for Christmas and it was magical.

Looking forward to reading all about their trip!
Me too! We will set it up as another TR and put the link here.

I loved this trip report. Such a fun read! Did you ever spot the teacups near the sword on your refection painting? A few years ago we stayed at WL for Christmas and it was magical.
Thanks, we are glad that you enjoyed reading our report. We did spot the teacups, and really love the Magical Reflections painting. We can't wait to get it set up in our new house.

We absolutely love WL any time of the year, and it is without a doubt our favorite resort and our home at WDW. Getting to go at Christmas is definitely on our wish list.

Love your reports! We’re staying at BW in late January (1/26-2/10) so we’ll be neighbors! Not sure of your exact dates but skylines will be down 1/23-1/29, hoping it’s not down longer than that. Congratulations on the new house!

Love your reports! We’re staying at BW in late January (1/26-2/10) so we’ll be neighbors! Not sure of your exact dates but skylines will be down 1/23-1/29, hoping it’s not down longer than that. Congratulations on the new house!
Thanks! We were bummed to see that the Skyliner will be down during our trip, but fortunately we will be there for a bit before it closes since our BC stay will be from January 20-24. We will then be at WL from the 24-29th, but not having it then won’t affect us as much.
Thanks for the new house congratulations. This week should be one of the last big ones, as we are still waiting for the appraisal to come in for the one we are selling. If it works out like we hope, we should be on our way to closing the deal very soon. Our fingers are crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter