Sheraton Vistana was a treat!

I stayed here a couple of years ago, but I found this year the quoted rates were outrageous. Sometimes $300 a night. Forget it. Not going to pay that much and then get pressured to attend a timeshare breakfast.

Hi Kathy,
The zero depth entry pools are located in the Lakes and Cascades sections. These are the 2 newest sections. It's a little tough to direct you to the bldgs because Vistana doesn't label those with numbers, as does the Vistana Villages. I'd simply request "Lakes or Cascades/near pool". I could list all the villa numbers that are closest to the pool, but there's no guarantee you'd get them. Cascades 2101 through 2176 are closest to the pool. At the Lakes, villas #1751 thru 1798 as well as #1972 thru 1995 are the closest. Depends on which day of the week you're checking in on as to where you are placed.
Hope this helps.

I stayed here a couple of years ago, but I found this year the quoted rates were outrageous. Sometimes $300 a night. Forget it. Not going to pay that much and then get pressured to attend a timeshare breakfast.
VacationDad,
Did u try this site for Vistana ? http://www.hotelkingdom.com/default.aspx
I don't know what your dates are, but I just plugged in the first week of June and got $219-$233/night.
Also, try this site for lower rates : http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_svistana.htm
None of these rates, to my knowlege, require a timeshare presentation meeting.
Also, I know alot of people use skyauction to find better rates than what is quoted by the resort itself. http://www.skyauction.com/
Hope this helps.

Actually I got my great deal--4 nights for $150 total, from a phone solicitation from Starwood. Here's their number, maybe you can get a similar deal-

800-747-8202

Not too sure why they called me, maybe because I'm a SPG member? Or maybe once you start the ts thing, you get on some sort of list, whatever....

TS deals aren't for everyone, and its just the luck of the draw if you get a nice salesperson or an obnoxious one. However, its just too good a deal to pass up. We were thinking of not going to Disney this year because our finances are in a bit of a mess, but we can swing it this way. Also, we have enough SWA points for 3 free tickets, just have to buy one more. And, we have enough AMEX membership rewards to get $100 off a rental car, so its adding up to be a fairly inexpensive trip. Can't wait to go!

Hello,

We are considering staying at Vistana in early March. Someone has a unit availble for rent for the week we want.

Can someone give us advice on unit 0262? We think it is an older unit in the Falls on the third floor with no elevator. Is this accurate?

We are worried about older units that are musty. We have read reviews that say that about older units. I have asthma and cannot stay in musty rooms without having breathing problems.

Quick reply really appreciated.

Thanks.

There is an excellent site map if you start at www.starwoodvo.com and then select the resort. It will show you exactly which section the unit is in.

We stayed in the Falls on our first visit to the resort and found it quite nice. It's in an older section closer to the kid's activities.

Sheila

I thought I would just add to this thread instead of starting an entirely new one to say that our stay Feb 4-11th was also great! We had done the Diamond Lane--thanks Maria!--and had requested Lakes or groundfloor Fountains as I have trouble with my knee that comes and goes and was concerned about stairs. When we got there, I was soooo thankful to go the Diamond Lane as there were many many people in line for check in and it was only about 3:00. There were three people in line in front of me and one of them took forever but then the other two were very quick. The kids liked the balloon animals and that was good entertainment while we were waiting.

Originally the check in girl told me our room was not ready and we would have to come back and pick up the key later. That line was pretty long too so I was not real thrilled with that idea. She then said that if I wanted a 2nd floor Fountains, she could get me in right then, so I decided that would work. Figured I could go up the steps one at a time if I had to and 2nd floor would be okay while 3rd would not be.

We had an awesome location on a pond and very close to the Lakes and Fountains pools. Weather was a little chilly so the kids only swam one day and went over to the Cascades pool anyway. The villa was in good condition only our TV in the LR didn't work well at all and there were some cracking tiles in the Master bath. The micro blew a fuse one night and when we called about it--couldn't find the fuse box--they said they would send someone right away and he would either fix it or replace it(!) We should have called about the TV, but we didn't get around to it.

Can someone give us advice on unit 0262? We think it is an older unit in the Falls on the third floor with no elevator. Is this accurate?
Hi monkeybum.....
Yes, this is a Falls unit (which is one of the older sections) and there is no elevator. But these bldgs are only 2 stories high. No 3 floors in this section.
As for the mustiness......the unit I toured was a little musty, not sure if all of them are.

I don't have any inside pics of this area, but here are a few outside shots :
f22384b5.jpg

f22385e5.jpg

f223854a.jpg

We own in Vistana, but before buying we stayed there twice, both times in Fountains, and loved it! We are going back March 18 and can't wait. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is an owner who has done an internal trade? We had not originally planned to go this year and then changed our minds after I had banked my week. They have assigned us to the Springs section which I am not sure if I am happy about. Does anyone know anything about Springs?

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is an owner who has done an internal trade? We had not originally planned to go this year and then changed our minds after I had banked my week. They have assigned us to the Springs section which I am not sure if I am happy about. Does anyone know anything about Springs?
mcnuss,
I've done exactly what you just described in '96. They also had us assigned to the Springs, but I faxed the resort (this was pre Diamond Lane days) & explained we would really prefer to be in the Fountains sections (where we own). When we arrived we got the Fountains. :thumbsup2
The Springs is next oldest under the Fountains I. I personally have never stayed here but it's in a good section of the resort (near the Cascades, General Store and not to far from Zimmies). I believe Spiceycat stayed there and liked it. Maybe she will be able to give a little more details about this section.

I have stayed in Springs and we liked it a lot. The decor was not as up to date as in Fountains or Cascades, but it was in very clean condition and as we were on the top floor we had a skylight which was fun. The living area seemed bigger but don't know if that was because of the vaulted ceilings or if it really is. The area was excellent. Very quiet and yet convenient to everything in the main part of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter