• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheets on beds

debbiepump

DIS Veteran
Was this just us or does mousekeeping not tuck in the sheets? We'd wake up in the mornings and be sleeping on crumpled sheets and a bare mattress!!

I wish DVC would get with the program and get rid of the bedspreads and go with the comforters, etc. the other hotels have. Guess I've seen too many CSI shows!!!!

I've usually had the bed made with the blanket and sheet tucked in together. So when you open up the bed, the bottom sheet becomes untucked. When I remake the bed the next morning. I tuck in the bottom sheet and leave the top sheet untucked.

I don't understand what the difference would be between comforters and bedspreads. Don't they function the same way?

This drives me nuts, too. If we can't have the Starwood Heavenly Bed, I wish we could at least have fitted bottom sheets.

We were at the BCV last week and it happened to us every night. We tucked the sheet in when we made the bed but sure enough we were on the bare mattress each morning. The bedspreads are slippery and usually fell on the floor sometime throughout the night. Hated it. I too wish they'd get fitted sheets and comforters. We decided we need to bring at least a fitted bottom sheet. It's a pain because have to fly in and it takes up space but I kept waking each night.

My other wish is that they'd have more comfortable chairs on the balcony's.

COACHSTING said:
We were at the BCV last week and it happened to us every night. We tucked the sheet in when we made the bed but sure enough we were on the bare mattress each morning. The bedspreads are slippery and usually fell on the floor sometime throughout the night. Hated it. I too wish they'd get fitted sheets and comforters. We decided we need to bring at least a fitted bottom sheet. It's a pain because have to fly in and it takes up space but I kept waking each night.

My other wish is that they'd have more comfortable chairs on the balcony's.
I agree...there were basic plastic chairs on the balcony at OKW in August and they are not comfortable at all. I like the chairs that were at Wilderness Lodge. In fact, we now own a set since they have refurbished. The fitted bead spreads are great for stopping that sheet slipping, as well. Does anyone know if they have added comparable chairs to the Wilderness balconies?

I gave up on Disney bed sheets, and now bring my own. I can't stand when the sheets come up from the bed and are all crumpled. But I am a bed snob, so this is the only way I can deal with the bedding at Disney. Other than this issue, I love Disney rooms.

Disney housekeeping has absolutely no idea how to make a bed. They short sheet everything. We always have to remake all the beds and of course not having fitted sheets does not help.

Now that we have DVC we bring our own sheets too and that solves it.

We are another family that brings our own fitted sheets!!

Also, the patio furniture is an embarrassment IMO. We don't have plastic furniture at home outside....The deluxe resorts don't have plastic furniture on their patios, I don't understand why the DVC's resorts do. It is very uncomfortable furniture and we do sit out there, daily. I wish they would replace it. I know it would come out of our dues but like the horrible beds at BCV's, the cheap stuff shouldn't have been bought to begin with. IMO, it just leads to additional costs when you have to replace things in a short period of time.

MsAmerica said:
We are another family that brings our own fitted sheets!!

Also, the patio furniture is an embarrassment IMO. We don't have plastic furniture at home outside....The deluxe resorts don't have plastic furniture on their patios, I don't understand why the DVC's resorts do. It is very uncomfortable furniture and we do sit out there, daily. I wish they would replace it. I know it would come out of our dues but like the horrible beds at BCV's, the cheap stuff shouldn't have been bought to begin with. IMO, it just leads to additional costs when you have to replace things in a short period of time.

I completely agree with you on the patio furniture. More comfortable furniture needs to be on the DVC patio's.

DVC has the loose sheets, because they can be ironed easily. Those sheets are standard in the hotel/motel industry. If DVC got fitted sheets, someone would be on these boards complaining about unironed/poorly ironed sheets... :rolleyes:

I don't understand what the difference would be between comforters and bedspreads. Don't they function the same way?[/QUOTE]

The difference is that the covering on the comforter is replaced after each check out were the bedspread is used by hundreds of people before it is changed.

Judy WI said:
I don't understand what the difference would be between comforters and bedspreads. Don't they function the same way

The difference is that the covering on the comforter is replaced after each check out were the bedspread is used by hundreds of people before it is changed.

Are you sure about that?

Judy WI said:
I don't understand what the difference would be between comforters and bedspreads. Don't they function the same way?

The difference is that the covering on the comforter is replaced after each check out were the bedspread is used by hundreds of people before it is changed

Well, MAYBE they are, but the inside part would still carry just as much "uck" as a bedspread.

Deb & Bill said:
Are you sure about that?

Not sure which part you are asking about about but yes I am sure of both. You need to find someone who is a maid and they will tell you about the bedspreads. Just check out the maids cart next time and you will see that she doesn't carry many or any bedspreads to change. Blankets are another thing. Not sure about Disney but they are not always changed either. Its a good idea to never use or even sit on the bedspreads. Many people throw them on the floor when they get in so the next people are using a bedspread that has been use as a rug. I would hope Disney has a better changing policy than others but not so sure. Any Disney housekeepers out there who would like to comment?

The comfort cover changes are a new change that some of the more costly hotel groups are doing to get and keep their customers. Pity the poor maids who now in less time have to change the comforter cover and still get all the cleaning done.

If I didn't fly to Disney I would carry my own bedding for the DVC.

I think what is being referred to about comforters is a duvet cover which can be removed when the room is changed and washed. Comforters and bedspreads are very difficult to wash.

Many hotels are going to the duvet covers now to be able to wash them more often. Hampton Inns and Marriot have them.

Also some hotels do offer fitted sheets and they don't seem to have a problem with them. I know that it is harder for them to laundry and fold though and is the reason Disney does not have them.

We also bring our own fitted sheet (in a color that coordinates with the room - so mousekeeping won't mistake my sheet for a disney sheet). I use their sheet on top to 'triple sheet' the bed and give a more luxury resort feel to the room.

First thing we do with the bed is remove the comforter. I am sure this doesn't get the regular cleaning needed (in any hotel). I have noticed on occasion that the bottom sheets come free, but it doesn't really bother us... we just tuck them back in and understand the logistical problems of having fitted sheets.

Can you call Housekeeping and request a fresh bedspread and blanket when you get to your room? I never thought of that before.

I recently purchased a fitted bottom sheet. When we were at HH in Sept, the sheet issue was a bit bothersome. I had read about the suggestion on these boards :cool1: so I got a colored fitted sheet. That should keep that sheet all nice and tucked.

(We'll only be t&t day this trip, so no worry about mousekeeping making off with the sheet.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter