Sharing meals (NOT DDP)...

annieb727

DIS Veteran
Hey - I have a question...we've been considering the DDP, but I am still looking at things...so I'm looking at our options if we DO NOT use DDP...

Are there places (other than Buffet/Character meals) that we cannot share meals? One place we're thinking about is California Grill - and I'm wondering if we can easily share there (not if there's enough food, but if they allow it?)

Thanks!

We shared dinners at California Grill, Marrakesh, Les Chef's de France and 50's Prime Time. It was me and my then 9 yr old who actually eats more than me. With appetizer, dinner, dessert and (separate) drinks it was enough for the two of us. Mind you, you might not be "stuffed" but we were both full and satisfied!

I don't see any problems with sharing, in each restaurant they served us on our own separate plates as well!

I don't see why the DDP makes any difference, unless they've changed their rules in the last week and don't allow sharing between plan members.

We've shared numerous times at various restaurants at WDW both on and off the plan and have always been welcomed to do so. Shula's is the only restaurant that I know of that charges a sharing fee, they are not Disney owned.

We've shared meals, both on DDP and off, at many different restaurants. The only we haven't, of course, is at buffets. We've even shared at Teppanyaki. sometimes my DM and I share, sometimes I share with DD7. princess: We've never had a problem doing it, and when we do share we always tip additional for the extra diner.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was different if you were on the Dining Plan or not - so I wanted to make sure to clarify.

I did the figuring - of all the places DH and I want to go - it was pretty amazing...in order to use all of our dining credits I had to take away us sharing at all places EXCEPT California Grill, and I had to have us use some of our CS meals for breakfast in order to use them all! Kind of interesting how that all works out!

FYI: It will cost us about $400 LESS to use DDP and only share ONE meal, as it would to NOT USE DDP and share a bunch of meals! Wow! I think we'll stick with DDP and hope for FREE DDP (going mid-september).

The biggest thing to keep in mind about sharing is that many restaurants have made portion sizes more reasonable, so they're no longer large enough to share.

The biggest thing to keep in mind about sharing is that many restaurants have made portion sizes more reasonable, so they're no longer large enough to share.

We found that to be the case at Nine Dragons, their poritons used to be more than adequate to share, not the case last spring, entrees were a lot smaller.

We did not have that problem in December at Nine Dragons :confused3 . In fact, we had a group of 4 and we all shared 1 appetizer and 1 entree - and we all walked out of there satisfied....

DH and I share all of our meals - we just don't eat enough to justify getting 2 whole meals (and $$$ is not the problem). We share many times at the CG - and I like that if we order a steak, the chef will butterfly it and cook each half to order. Not to mention, they put it on our own plate.

They are really accomodating for sharing, most of the restaurants are. The servings are just too large for me to enjoy my meal. This way, we can also get an appetizer and *maybe* a dessert, but most of the time not. ;)

We used to share the dinner for 2 with our two young DDs, along with extra egg rolls. The sesame chicken portion used to be huge. We never do Dining Plan, always OOP, last meal each entree had 12 small chunks of chicken in the middle of that great big plate. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter