• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing credits with people not on DDP

Lizziejane

<font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe
I have 2 rooms booked, one for me and DH, one for the kids. The rooms are "linked" but separate confirmation numbers.

Can I add DDP to only one of the rooms, and share the credits with the kids? For example, if we have a TS dinner, can I use 4 credits? We plan on being offsite for several days anyway, so this would help ensure we use all our paid-for credits.

TIA!

It depends on how you structure your reservations, and whether your children are young children or not. The Dining Plan prohibits use of child meal entitlements for adult meals, so assuming your children are younger, the best you could to would be to have separate reservations for the adults and for the children, and then only get the Dining Plan on the room with the adults. However, I don't think they'll allow a reservation without an adult, so that won't work out. I think you're out of luck there; I'm sorry.

In the abstract, the Dining Plan is non-transferable. Disney has taken some small steps to obstruct folks sharing credits with folks not on the Dining Plan in the past, so you'd have to be prepared in case they limit use of the Dining Plan solely to the folks listed on your hotel reservation.

If you're going to spend a few days off-site, the Dining Plan might not be a good deal for you. You should see what the numbers look like, using the online menus.

Both kids are over the age of 18, so the whole child/adult thing is not an issue. From what I understand, if I add DDP to my room and not the kids, my card will show "2 adults". That being the case, will they allow me to use 4 credits to pay for 4 adult meals?

The definitive answer is, unfortunately: Maybe. :blush:

There is still the issue of the Dining Plan being non-transferable. The question is whether or not they'll put in place more enforcement, limiting Dining Plan participants to no more than the stated number of meals on the room key. If I remember, the only cases of this kind of enforcement I've read, so far, did involve children, though.

Lizziejane said:
Both kids are over the age of 18, so the whole child/adult thing is not an issue. From what I understand, if I add DDP to my room and not the kids, my card will show "2 adults". That being the case, will they allow me to use 4 credits to pay for 4 adult meals?
I don't believe you will be allowed to do that.

Lizziejane said:

I would guess that you wouldn't be allowed to do that but it seems to depend upon the CM.

you can always ask for two separete checks and have you and your dh each pay with a card, its really not a big deal, or have one of the kids give the card, the way things are i cant imagine they wil lgiev you a hard time about but i would go prepred to at least pay out of pocket for it just in case, but i would just go with saying you ar on dining plan but would like two separet checka, maybe not sure if that would work. Why dont you jsut get them dining plan too if everybody wil be eating it seem smore then worth it tho and yo prob wont be leaving any extra crdits.

We have done this many times. We have used our adult TS credits to pay for other adult meals. Most recently in early May. We did it at 3 different places. It was not a problem then and we always checked with the server first. However, things at WDW change all of the times, so just because we have done it, doesn't mean it's still allowed. Tell the server what you want to do and they will tell you if that's OK with them. We dined at Kona's and LeCellier with no problem. Had a hassle at Coral Reef, but they still let us do it in the end. We were using only adult credits as we purchased the ddp for 12 nights and had a ton of TS credits leftover. I also had a ton of CS credits leftover too and used them for others also. That was 3 months ago, so things may have changed. I've only seen one thread where someone checked with the server first and was told it was OK, then was not honored at the end. Not sure if it was a child's credits for adult issue or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter