Share Your Low Crowd Pics!

Walking around that part of DHS always makes me feel like I've wandered into a part of the park I'm not supposed to see or be in. LOL!

LOL, as we were walking down the street Mrs. Buzzin whispered to me "Honey, I think we've skied out of bounds"

We were there last weekend and the posted wait times were inflated. EtwB said 30 minutes when we got in line and we were out the the show before 30 minutes. This happened on multiple rides.We were there for 3 days and hit all 4 parks and did everything we intended to - including pool time!

Somewhere I have the photos of my trip in the first few days after 9/11. You want to see empty parks? I was standing in front of Germany on 9/13 or 14 at noon, at the time designated as the national moment of silence for the victims of the attack. And I genuinely had a moment of silence, as there was no one anywhere near me. (True, there had been a tropical storm go through a few hours before, but this was hard to imagine.) That week I dined at CRT twice as a walk-up - and this was back in the days of full CRT insanity, when breakfast was the only character meal.

We were there two weeks after 9/11. It was unreal. Rode the Rockin Roller Coaster 4x without getting off...that's how few people were there.

It was like having the parks to ourselves. We did all the character meals (Disney had called and offered free dining + $300 if we still came because so many people cancelled.). I'll remember that trip forever.

Last week (Aug 26) at about 4pm

Day3h_zps928feefc.jpeg

I leave in 25 days (9/30-10/7) and I'm scared. easywdw.com says we'll have crowd level 5...hoping its not crazy busy. When I went last year, we had crowd level 8 and still had a great time.

We were there two weeks after 9/11. It was unreal. Rode the Rockin Roller Coaster 4x without getting off...that's how few people were there.

It was like having the parks to ourselves. We did all the character meals (Disney had called and offered free dining + $300 if we still came because so many people cancelled.). I'll remember that trip forever.

What year was that bluezee? I am soooo hoping for low crowds 9/25-10/1. We will be there with our grandsons for 4 days (they are leaving on 9/29 and me and DH are staying till 10/1) so only 4 1/2 days in the parks and there is soooo much I want to show and ride with them!

I'm here now and I can't believe how low the crowds were in Magic Kingdom today. Basically everything was a walk on except for Seven Dwarfs. They weren't even checking my fastpass for Spalsh, they just let me through. Space mountain was a 5 minute wait at noon. Insane...I love it!

No pic, but yesterday at 4 pm the standby time for soarin was 10 minutes. Went just before that when it was 20 minutes thinking "Wow, better get on this while the gettin' is good". Heck, I went on Mission: Space. So empty they gave every group, no matter the size (1, 2, or 3) their own simulator and there were still empty ones.

I'm actually starting to find all the crowd control there (aisles, etc) is getting really frustrating, since it adds all sorts of pointless walking to rides that are literally walk-on!

Longest wait today was 30 minutes at 7DMT. The heat might suck, but all the walk-on rides are amazing.

Every single thing I used my fastpasses on, even things that were supposed to be at least somewhat full (couldn't get any for stuff that's popular) were completely wasted, to the point that it took longer to use fastpass since you had to buzz in! Only benefit, on some rides, was a shorter aisle walk.

Completed all of DHS (I mean *ALL* of it, every single ride, plus a bonus Rock 'n Rollercoaster and Star Tours, only skipped American Idol) in a single day.

Wow, so cool to read that you who are at the parks now are having walk ons and short wait times! Wish this would continue thru first week of Oct. :stir:

Wow...lucky you! We've gone in September before, if you can stand the heat, humidity and rain, we'veencountered our lowest crowds. Enjoy!

I'd love to go in September for low crowds, but getting the husband to agree to Florida in summer is a battle I would never win.

I love September trips too, but with daughter's school schedule this is getting more difficult.....

I love hearing how low the crowds are! We usually go in October but find the crowds are getting really big. Will definitely make it an august/September trip next year. I hate the heat and humidity but will gladly deal with it for crowds like this!

We usually go in September (but usually a few weeks after this) and I have never seen the crowds this low. It's not hot either because there was some bad rain for about an hour yesterday and it really cooled everything off. I needed a light sweater walking around last night. I am on the balcony now at 7am overlooking main pool and it's not warm or muggy at all. I've been sitting here 30 minutes and have not seen a single person.

Yesterday at epcot I noticed Soarin at 20 min (on a Saturday) but did not ride because we were there for dive quest. All the other rides were walk ons except test track of course. We went on Nemo while we were at the Seas area but were literally the only ones on it. The park felt so empty and it was a Saturday. I got lots of photos with no one in them. Even on dive quest there was just 3 other people with us.

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk but it feels pretty quiet here overall. We were walking around yesterday (Saturday) evening at about 8:00 and there was only 3 kids in the main pool. Every restaurant and bar had lots of open tables. I have not stayed here before so not sure if that's normal but I was not expecting it.

Today we skipped animal kingdom to sleep in but headed back to epcot in a few hours.

Here is a photo of driving in at 11am yesterday ( Saturday)

634861E8-55F5-471E-9966-240072B4D1A3.jpg

The Boardwalk on Saturday afternoon

BC658AA2-634D-4A09-A197-1C54E986F7A6.jpg

Boardwalk lobby Saturday evening

33A5B6D7-27BF-43FD-A8AD-935B4DCFEE8C.jpg

Again I have not stayed at this resort here to know how it normally is but it feels so quiet. Its wonderful so far

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter