Share your Favorite things about Poly!!!

HaleysMom2

DW and Disney Cruise for the first time in October
We (DH, DD8, and myself) booked a Land/Sea package for October and are staying at the Polynesian. We have never been to DW, nor have we been on a cruise! Needless to say....we are VERY excited! DD8 talks about it EVERY day! It's going to be a long 6 months waiting for our trip!

So, I thought I'd stir up some more excitement by asking all of you very knowledgeable people to share your favorite things about the Poly...things that we must do while there...places we must eat...special foods we must try... your opinion of the Luau show...exciting things for DD...and anything extra you may want to suggest/share with us! I have already checked out Tikiman's website (awesome), but would like more personal-experience types of tips/hints to go along with all of his great info. Oh yeah, right now we have requested a room in Tokeleau (sp?) in hopes of getting a lagoon view at the garden view price----fingers crossed!

Oh, you picked the perfect spot. We were Land/Sea in January at the POLY (and will be again next January). We stayed in Tokelau and have requested that again, looking out onto the Quiet Pool. Tokelau is a great location, midway between the Lobby Atrium and the TTC. We enjoyed the Luau; kids liked to hula, and the firedancer was great. Food was OK, but the show, we felt, was worth the money. Volcano pool was a hit, and being able to watch Wishes from the beach was a plus. Love being so near the monorail. All in all, you can't do better in WDW, I think! Have fun:cheer2:

The beach area is great, my dh and I could relax and the kids sat for hours building sandcastles. Great place to sit at night and watch fireworks!

I love the tiki torches throughout the resort, it looked so cool at night!

We ate at Captain Cooks, good food.
We ate at Kona Cafe for Breakfast had the Tonga Toast, that was good.
We ate at O'hana for dinner, that was good. Had the big pineapple drink, I think it was called a Lapu Lapu. That was yummy!

The theming is wonderful here, you really feel that your at a tropical island, far, far away.

If you go to Epcot make sure you just walk to the TTC on the path and then hop on the Epcot monorail. We got on the monorail at the POLY and took it to the TTC, and laughed when we saw that we were literally back at our hotel, that was how close it was!

Have fun!

The Poly is awesome !:thumbsup2 We were there about two weeks ago. Our room was in Tokelau, on the quiet pool side. We were hoping to be able to sneak a peek at the lagoon but couldn't quite see it from our balcony. That was ok though, because everything was beautiful.We liked taking the monorail to MK or walking over to the TTC to ride the monorail to Epcot.

We loved the theming of the resort; beautiful when the torches are lit at night. Loved swimming in the volcano pool and looking across the lagoon to see the castle. Watching "Wishes" from the beach was fantastic, and you can also see the Electrical Water parade. We ate at 'Ohana; loved it ! I also had the tonga toast at Kona Cafe----good, but you should be REALLY hungry if you order this !

Have a wonderful time at the Poly !

We :grouphug: Love everything about the Polynesian. We have stayed at ASports, POR, Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian and my children totally demand to stay at the Poly from now on. We are headed back July 23 and I absolutely cannot wait.
:yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

:goodvibes

My family loves the Poly!! We'll be staying there this summer. We love Fiji, overlooking the marina. We enjoy taking the boat over to MK, rather than always using the monorail. The boat is a very short walk, and never crowded. Great places to eat. Wonderful view from the beach of water and fireworks.

Subbing! We are staying there for the first time this November!!

**************EVERYTHING***********You feel like you are in Paradise... Enjoy the grounds -- Walk up the hill - explore It is all so :cutie: lush ....we go back in 28 day's can't wait ...

The Polynesian is beautiful. We were in Niue, the smoking building (yes, we requested this) The grounds are so lush and green, the pool was really fun for the tweenagers and the pool bar was fun for DH & I. This is the first trip to WDW that we wanted to come back and take a break from the parks! The fireworks from the beach were awsome and the rooms very large. I loved having the pull out sofa for my DD's friend to sleep in. The staff also were incredible. Very friendly and said "Aloha" whenever they passed us.

We would definitely stay here again and again and again.

I am so excited for you guys.

Make sure to read the DIS boards, and don't be upset if you can't do everything. I've heard of people not having a good time because they tried to visit all of the parks on the same day, etc.

We haven't stayed at the POLY, but went to the luau on our last trip in January 2005. DH and I absolutely loved the luau!

The food and entertainment were both very good. We had a good table, and I think that makes a difference. I heard that the luau seating is according to when you book within the price level you choose, so if you do it, book early.

I've seen both the luau and Hoopdee Doo(HDDMR) at Ft. Wilderness.

IMHO, the luau was much better. I think southerners tend to not get what is so special about HDDMR. After all, Hee Haw was on TV every Saturday night growing up. (I'm probably going to get flamed for that comment.)

Anyway, where in Bama are you from? I'm originally from Haleyville (South of the Shoals) have been transplanted to Montgomery. We always drive, DH is still trying to talk me into flying. I can't wait for our big family trip in 9 days!!!

:cheer2: R-O-L-L____T-I-D-E____R-O-L-L :cheer2:

I am so happy for you!!!!:cool1: We loved everything about the Polly, We stayed 8 nights last May and it is wonderful:banana: We loved the beauty of the resort, the zero entry pool, and at night watching the fireworks over the castle from the beach.:woohoo: Have a wonderful time!!!

Oh, I LOVE the Poly! We have always stayed at the Raratonga and that is an awesome building.

Everything about the Poly is so relaxing. I walk in the main doors, take a deep breath through my nose and feel *home*. Walking from the pool to my room feels like a stroll through a tropical paradise.

If I ever win the lottery, I will LIVE at the Poly. (kid you not!)

Have a wonderful trip!

We'll be staying at Poly for the first time in September. We've requested Tokelau Longhouse. I can't wait to watch Wishes from the beach and just do all that the Polynesian has to offer.:cloud9:

The view of the Grand Floridian and Cinderella's Castle from the beach side of Fiji! (We were there last week!) And, yes, those torches.

Some of my favorite things about the Poly . . .

Reading a book very early in the morning near the quiet pool with the ducks paddling away for their morning swim;

At the end of a long day at MK, being only a short monorail ride away;

The tropical music;

Counting the minutes until we arrive on July 20th!!

We just stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk, but went to O'Hanas for dinner and took a tour of the resort. We decided we wanted to stay there next year.

If you eat dinner at O'Hanas, make sure you are hungry when you go. They had lots of activities for the kids during dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter