Share your deluxe eating plan

Cookie Princess

DIS Veteran
Today I convinced DH that we should upgrade to the deluxe dining plan...YAHOO!! Now I just need to figure out how to use 72 dining credits for 3 people.

I need to call this week to schedule my ADRs. I plan to switch off between 2 and 3 table service meals a day as we enjoy some signature dining. Please share your DXDDP schedule/itinerary with me...I need ideas!!! ;)THANKS!

Here's our plan (I haven't updated the actual times on this list, but we got everything we wanted). We're there for 8 nights, when we go to Narcoossee's ds will be at a kids club, so we'll have 2 child credits to use towards one of our counter service meals. I figure the counter service and "meals-made-of-snacks" we'll be sharing because we won't necessarily be hungry enough for full meals for each of us.

Saturday May 30
Artist Point for dinner approx. 5:40

Sunday May 31
snack credits for breakfast
Mama Melrose, 12:05
Cape May Clam Bake at Beach club, dinner 8:10pm

Monday June 1
snack credits for breakfast
Tusker House for lunch approx 11:45pm
Jiko @ AKL for Dinner approx 8:00pm

Tuesday June 2
Chef Mickey's for Breakfast @ 10:20
Counter service for lunch
California Grill for dinner approx 7:50pm

Wendesday June 3
1900 Park Fair 8:05
Pirate Cruise at Grand Floridian @ 9:30 for Johnny
Yachtman's Steakhouse @ Yacht Club for dinner 7:50pm

Thursday June 4
Akershus for B-fast approx 8am
Coral Reef, lunch 11:45am
Le Celliar, dinner approx 7:45pm

Frirday June 5
Crystal Palace for Breakfast @ 8:05
Casey's Corner (CS) for lunch
Narcosssee's for dinner 7:40pm

Satday June 6
Ohana's for late b-fast 9:35am
Use snack credits to "snack around the world"
Teppan Edo 7:45pm

Sunday June 7: Check Out Day
Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café @ WL 8:45am

We're doing mostly signature dinners with a TS breakfast or lunch each day. We find this works best for us since we prefer signature restaurants anyway and to do three TS in a day is a little too much for us. Here's where we're going:

6/13
CRT (oop)

6/14
DSB at Tusker House
Yachtsman Steakhouse

6/15
Tutto Italia
Raglan Road

6/16
Sci Fi
Hollywood Brown Derby F! package

6/17
Liberty Tree Tavern
California Grill

6/18
Kona Cafe
Jiko

6/19
PSB at Akershus
Chefs de France
Narcoosee's

6/20
50's PTC
Citricos

We mostly do 2 meals per day and lots of signatures. We'll fill in in between with snacks and maybe a shared counter service here and there. For breakfasts, I have snack ideas in my notes but odds are we won't use them every day because we're not really breakfast people. I've left a couple meals unplanned to use for shared counter service on our resort and waterpark days if we get hungry around lunchtime. If we don't use them for that, we'll pick up some sandwiches to take with us to the airport before we leave.

For 9 nights, this is the plan:

Arrival:
D - Artist Point

MK Day:
B - snacks at Main Street Bakery
L - Liberty Tree Tavern
D - Narcoosees

DHS Day:
B - snacks at Starring Rolls
L - Hollywood Brown Derby
D - Flying Fish

AK Day:
B - snacks at Kusafari Coffee Shop
L - Yak & Yeti
D - Jiko

Epcot Day 1:
B - snacks at Sunshine Seasons
L - Teppan Edo
D - Restaurant Marrakesh

Epcot Day 2:
B - Akershus princess breakfast
L - snacks around the Food & Wine festival booths
D - Le Cellier (Tutto Italia backup if we can't get LeC)

Resort Day:
B - Chef Mickey (or lunch if offered)
D - California Grill

Waterpark Day 1:
B - Whispering Canyon ?? (not sure on this one yet)
D - Kona Cafe

Waterpark Day 2:
B - Kona Cafe
D - Spirit of Aloha dinner show

Departure day:
B - Grand Floridian Cafe

On most days we have 3 table service meals booked each day. On a few days we have two table services in order to allow us to use a couple of 2 point meals. On the 3 TS days we eat at 7:30 - 1:30 and 7:30. On the 2 TS days we eat at 11:00 and 5:00.

My husband isn't the biggest Disney fan and we have all of the meals scheduled to keep him happy. Personally I'm thinking it is going to be too much food but our children are still pretty young - 6 year old twins and they are used to eating 3 meals a day plus snacks.

DH and I have upgraded to the DxDDP for Oct. FD trip. We also did the DxDpp last year. 3 meals a day is way to much food ( we only planned 3 meals on 2 days of our last trip). This year we will plan for a 1TS and a 2TS each day. We love the Signature dining. Since we are night people, we have a hard time getting to a breakfast ADR on time. This year we will plan an early lunch, take a break at our resort late afternoon for some R&R, and hit our 2TS at around 7PM.

We did the deluxe last year and enojoyed it. We do a lot of character meals and this year we'll try a signature restaurant as well. Instead of using counter service, we grab snack at the CL at the Poly or use snack credits anywhere. It works for us!

This year (May 13-19):
W: Dinner @ Grand Floridian Cafe
TH: CRT - not sure if 11:45 is breakfast or lunch
Dinner @ Citricos
F: Breakfast @ Park 1900
Dinner @ Kona
S: Breakfast @ Ohana
Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
Su: Lunch @ Alkershus

I think that leaves us with 2 credits/person to play with.

:worship:Thanks for the tips!

I would love to hear more since the Aug hours haven't been published yet (GRRR) I still have a few more days to finalize my dining plans.

On most days we have 3 table service meals booked each day. On a few days we have two table services in order to allow us to use a couple of 2 point meals. On the 3 TS days we eat at 7:30 - 1:30 and 7:30. On the 2 TS days we eat at 11:00 and 5:00.

My husband isn't the biggest Disney fan and we have all of the meals scheduled to keep him happy. Personally I'm thinking it is going to be too much food but our children are still pretty young - 6 year old twins and they are used to eating 3 meals a day plus snacks.

I'm in the same boat. My DH isn't a Disney fan and I have to keep the meals scheduled to keep him happy :)

We're basically doing two TS meals a day, with a few signatures thrown in. This means we'll either have a character breakfast or TS lunch each day, and then a TS dinner each night. Some mornings, we're doing snacks for breakfast, and some lunches will be CS meals.

Here are ours (Me, DW, DS5)

July 26 (Arriving to Pop Century/Epcot)
Dinner: Biergarten 6:55pm

July 27 (Magic Kingdom)
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's 9:05am
Lunch: Snacks
Dinner: Ohana 5:00pm

July 28 (Animal Kingdom)
Breakfast: Tusker House 8:05am
Lunch: Sanaa 12:00pm
Dinner: Spoodles 6:50pm

July 29 (Epcot)
Breakfast: Kona Cafe 7:55am
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Cafe 12:00pm
Dinner: Chefs de France 6:00pm

July 30 (Hollywood Studios)
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine 10:00am
Lunch: Sci-Fi Dine-in 12:45p
Dinner: Hoop De Doo Revue 7:15pm

July 31 (Epcot)
Breakfast: Ohana 7:30am
Lunch: Coral Reef 11:35am
Dinner: Le Cellier 6:15pm

August 1 (Magic Kingdom/rope drop!!!)
Breakfast: Everything Pop 7:00am or earlier!!
Lunch: Crystal Palace 11:45am
Dinner: California Grill 7:35pm

August 2 (1 last ride on or favorite, then home)
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's [still waiting for an ADR]

Here's what I'm hoping for. We'll be at the hotel pool or a water park in the middle of most days to cool off and take a nap, then back out for more with park hoppers. With rental car, we'll be able to sample many of the best restaurants and a few signature dining options as well. What am I missing out on? Is the Aloha show worth it at the Polynesian instead of Ohana? We're trying to hit most of the unusual restaurants and find new tastes rather than the steak and potatoes stuff.

I've got a few questions in here if you have a few answers...

Mon, Aug 10: AK
Breakfast: Boma Breakfast - yummy! (7 am for rope drop)
Lunch: Tusker House Buffet (1 pm)
Dinner: Yak and Yeti (6 pm) extra magic hours until 9

Tue, Aug 11: MK/EP
Breakfast: snacks/food court at CBR
Lunch: Crystal Palace Brunch (what are the hours for brunch?) (10:45 am)
Dinner: Teppan Edo (5 pm)

Wed, Aug 12: TL/MK
Breakfast: snacks/food court CBR
Lunch: Sanaa (1 pm)
Dinner: Ohana (5:15 pm)

Thurs, Aug 13: DHS
Lunch: 50's Primetime/Sci-Fi for desert (1:30 pm/3 pm)
Dinner: Brown Derby Fantasmic package (7 pm)

Fri, Aug 14: BB/EP
Lunch: Les Chefs de France (2:30 pm)
Dinner: Rose and Crown for Illuminations (7:30 pm - in line for outside view at 6:30-7 pm)

Sat, Aug 15: AK/ any park
Lunch: Boma / Beaches and Cream for desert (2 pm/5:15 pm)
Dinner: California Grill for Wishes (9 pm - fireworks at 10 pm)

Sun, Aug 16: EP
Lunch: Coral Reef (1 pm)
Dinner: Le Cellier (7 pm)

This includes 34 of 42 credits. Rather than hit the food courts for TS service, should we upgrade to signature on anything? Thanks for any advice you can give! I make my reservations in 5 days.

We like to do signature restaurants for dinner for the most part, and then lunch or sometimes breakfast. That way we get to eat at great restaurants, and it's not too much food. If you follow the link in my signature, that's our plans for our adult only trip. With the kids, you could also do things like Mickey's Backyard BBQ and Hoop De Doo, which are 2 TS credits. Congrats! You're going to love the DxDP.:cool1:

Here's my plan for the end of June / beginnig of July

June 26 - Narcoosee's

June 27 - Cape May Breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner

June 28 - Sci Fi lunch
California Grill dinner (although I am trying to change this since it's at 9:30am)

June 29 - Ohana breakfast
Sanaa lunch
Yak and Yeti dinner

June 30 - Chef Mickey's breakfast
Flying fish dinner

July 1 - Princess Storybook breakfast
Chefs de france lunch
Le Cellier dinner

July 2 - Spoodles breakfast
Kona dinner

July 3 - Ohana dinner

July 4 - Whispering Canyon breakfast (leaving afterwards).

That would be a difficult dinner time to work with! :lmao:

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

lol :rotfl:I didn't catch that when I typed it. Actually, I wouldn't mind if it was in the am - mmmm sushi for breakfast (followed by a little pork tenderloin.... :yay:).

But alas, Disney only seems to offer "breakfast foods" for breakfast.

8pm dinners are okay but I think 9:30 PM is just a little too late for me.

How are the credits for the deluxe plan. I am thinking of doing this not this trip in May but maybe in November. I am confused by the credits... are you alloted 3 credits per day per person.... and I am guessing that the child and adult credits are seperated but how would this work if we are at counter service. How am I going to keep track of all these credits... Are the adult credits pooled with the child credits. I can see it being easy to keep track if we all eat at the same time.... but we have 5 kiddos and the 2 older ones sometimes go out on their own... any thoughths on how the credits are alloted. Thanks :)

So many good plans listed.
Personally, my favorites are
California Grill
Brown Derby
Chefs de France
Mama Melrose
Akershus Princess meal (breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch)
Marakkesh
Le Cellier
'Ohana

Work in anything else. Hit the highlights and the filler will still be good.

we have 3 adults going with the deluxe dining plan from june 23rd-july 6th. so here is ours! bring on the stupid weight gain!

6/23- cookes of dublin around 2:15
tutto italia- 7:45

6/24- boma 8:30
whispering canyon 2:00
chef mickey 7:30

06/25 donalds safari breakfast 8:10
rainforest around 1 OOP
1900 park fare 7:05

06/26 princess storybook 8:15
eating around the world at stands
le cellier 8:40

06/27 chef mickey 7:20
lunch at leaning palms in typhoon lagoon
narcoosees 9:00

06/28 cinderellas royal table 8:05
liberty tree tavern 12:50
crystal palace 6:00

06/29 starring rolls for breakfast
50s prime time 1:15
brown derby 5:00

06/30 grand floridian cafe 7:30
lunch at warming hut at blizzard beach
spirit of aloha 8:00

07/01 breakfast at pop
universal studios today-lunch at bubba gumps OOP
50s prime time 8:15

07/02 ohana 7:35
earl of sandwich for lunch
mickeys backyard bbq 6:30

07/03 cape may cafe 8:00
afternoon tea at grand floridian 2:00 OOP
hoop de doo 7:15

07/04 1900 park fare 8:00
cosmic rays
cinderellas royal table 5:30

07/05 crystal palace 8:05
fultons for lunch OOP
trex for dinner OOP

How are the credits for the deluxe plan. I am thinking of doing this not this trip in May but maybe in November. I am confused by the credits... are you alloted 3 credits per day per person.... and I am guessing that the child and adult credits are seperated but how would this work if we are at counter service. How am I going to keep track of all these credits... Are the adult credits pooled with the child credits. I can see it being easy to keep track if we all eat at the same time.... but we have 5 kiddos and the 2 older ones sometimes go out on their own... any thoughths on how the credits are alloted. Thanks :)

Each person gets 3 credits per person, per NIGHT (not day) of your stay.

Right now, they are not separated into adult and child, but you will be restricted to ordering the right number of adult meals based on the party size notation on your KTTW card. So if you have 4 adults and 3 kids, you won't be able to order more than 4 adult meals at a time.

It is easy to keep track because the remaining number of credits is printed at the bottom of every receipt when you use the plan. You can also get a printout at your resort concierge at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter