SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I am a member of a Facebook shades of Green fan page and that’s where I learned about it except I learned that every so often they have a promotion where you get 15% off instead of the 10% off. And actually they’re running that current promotion I think only until the 26th. If I remember my research correctly, I feel like the promotion usually comes back around the June timeframe.
It’s actually 10 or 15% off your first day of purchases, I’m doing the 15% off and I know to do that you I had to make the purchase before the promotion ends on the 26. I just yesterday paid for my tickets and my room and parking upfront before my trip so I saved 15% of my room/parking and my tickets!
Thanks for the info. We are going in September. Sounds like we could prepay when the next 15% promotion comes around. Will have to talk DH into getting the card. When is your trip?

Thanks for the info. We are going in September. Sounds like we could prepay when the next 15% promotion comes around. Will have to talk DH into getting the card. When is your trip?
September also :) 22-30th
If you do Facebook, I suggest joining the group -shades of green on Walt Disney World resort fans- page and gather up info on making the most out of the promotion, just search Star card there and lots of info
it could be a bit tricky, trying to do the tickets and the room pre-pay all on the same day but it’s so worth it, we saved $700 On our trip plus I believe we will get around $90 bonus money from the star card with our points from the charges which I believe we can use there at the shop at the resort

So I have a dilemma. I went to book our rooms for a year from now. My plan was two connecting standard rooms. But there it was, the Magnolia Suite, just sitting there, available. No other suites were.

We need the two bedrooms. Husband has PTSD and won’t sleep without the lights on. I can’t sleep if the room isn’t dark. So unless one or both adults wants to be miserable, two rooms it is. Also have a 6, 12, and 14 year old. We did two connecting rooms at hotel at Christmas, visiting family. It worked well. The oldest was a little frustrated with no privacy. Husband starts to get a little overwhelmed with too many people in a small space. Which brings me to the Magnolia Suite.

Pros:
More space to spread out. Could put 14 year old on an air mattress in the living room and he’d have privacy. Husband could have a room to himself to decompress. Disney parks are hard for him (we have been once, 6 years ago). Space for the 6 year old to move around on the 2 rest days. The older two are moody these days. Space is good.

No risk of non-connecting rooms.

Washer and dryer! Had planned to send laundry out during 11 night trip. We stayed at Saratoga Springs last time and the washer and dryer made my husband very happy (and packing much easier).

Kitchen area. Could make up some of the cost fixing breakfast in the room. Can reheat leftovers. I am sure he will not want to deal with hotel restaurants. He will deal with it for Akershus or something for the kids but we never go to restaurants at home. I think it would be peaceful for him to have the kitchen/dining are.

Cons:
Cost (extra $3500). I CAN come up with this but should I? I’m not rich. That could go toward a car or a new fence in the future (but the same could be said about Disney vacation in general). But I can do this if I choose to.

I can’t think of other cons to be honest.

Any other pros and cons you guys can think of? Anyone ever stay in the Magnolia Suite? Does anyone know how far of a walk it is from the lobby?

Saving the extra $ for another trip isn’t really a factor. I doubt he will agree to go again. We are going this time for the youngest. Once she has been, that’s probably it unless I just go with her sometime.

Part of me says the pros are worth it because everyone will likely be less stressed. Part of me is annoyed it was available because I made such a meticulous budget, lol!

Last edited:
So I have a dilemma. I went to book our rooms for a year from now. My plan was two connecting standard rooms. But there it was, the Magnolia Suite, just sitting there, available. No other suites were.

We need the two bedrooms. Husband has PTSD and won’t sleep without the lights on. I can’t sleep if the room isn’t dark. So unless one or both adults wants to be miserable, two rooms it is. Also have a 6, 12, and 14 year old. We did two connecting rooms at hotel at Christmas, visiting family. It worked well. The oldest was a little frustrated with no privacy. Husband starts to get a little overwhelmed with too many people in a small space. Which brings me to the Magnolia Suite.

Pros:
More space to spread out. Could put 14 year old on an air mattress in the living room and he’d have privacy. Husband could have a room to himself to decompress. Disney parks are hard for him (we have been once, 6 years ago). Space for the 6 year old to move around on the 2 rest days. The older two are moody these days. Space is good.

Washer and dryer! Had planned to send laundry out during 11 night trip. We stayed at Saratoga Springs last time and the washer and dryer made my husband very happy (and packing much easier).

Kitchen area. Could make up some of the cost fixing breakfast in the room. Can reheat leftovers. I am sure he will not want to deal with hotel restaurants. He will deal with it for Akershus or something for the kids but we never go to restaurants at home. I think it would be peaceful for him to have the kitchen/dining are.

Cons:
Cost (extra $3500). I CAN come up with this but should I? I’m not rich. That could go toward a car or a new fence in the future (but the same could be said about Disney vacation in general). But I can do this if I choose to.

Any other pros and cons you guys can think of? Anyone ever stay in the Magnolia Suite? Does anyone know how far of a walk it is from the lobby?

Saving the extra $ for another trip isn’t really a factor. I doubt he will agree to go again. We are going this time for the youngest. Once she has been, that’s probably it unless I just go with her sometime.

Part of me says the pros are worth it because everyone will likely be less stressed. Part of me is annoyed it was available because I made such a meticulous budget, lol!
So what did you decide to do?

Are you saying that the Magnolia Suite is $3500 more than two rooms over 11 days? That's quite a cost jump. I would probably just go with 2 rooms but it also would be very cool to stay in that suite.

I'm excited to hear what you picked and how the trip goes.

Pros:

Cons:

Part of me says the pros are worth it because everyone will likely be less stressed. Part of me is annoyed it was available because I made such a meticulous budget, lol
I say absolutely do it! Expecially since you won't be back to Disney anytime soon. Your entire family will be happier and you will save on food. This sounds like a trip for your youngest entire childhood, so make it as pleasant as you are able!
Please come back and tell us what you chose, and then return with how you liked it!
Sparkle on!
Mischievous Daisy

I say absolutely do it! Expecially since you won't be back to Disney anytime soon. Your entire family will be happier and you will save on food. This sounds like a trip for your youngest entire childhood, so make it as pleasant as you are able!
Please come back and tell us what you chose, and then return with how you liked it!
Sparkle on!
Mischievous Daisy
Thanks for responding.

I did decide to do the suite. It is a lot more but even still, is kind of a bargain for what you’re getting. I think everyone will enjoy the space. Grumpy teenagers, husband with PTSD and needing a break from everything, the youngest more room to play, and me. Trying to make everyone happy is hard. At least I know they won’t be driving each other nuts in a smaller space. Or at least that’s how I’m justifying it.

It will likely be the youngest’s only trip. If we do go again when she’s older, it’s likely to be a quick long weekend trip and not a see all 4 parks kind of thing.

Just wanted to post a helpful warning so those out there don’t make the same mistake I did……. check the fine print on the savings promotions SOG has under their deals tab, I thought I had looked over promotion details pretty good, but somehow missed DD214 is not eligible for any savings promotions. And somehow, the lady that applied it to my reservation completely missed it too. The only reason why I ended up catching the mistake was because I called to apply another promotion they were having to the second room I booked when I was told I wasn’t eligible. It’s just frustrating because I also already pre-paid on my Star card which now I’m gonna have to wait for a refund check back after our trip I guess(yes, our charge was actually more after the promotion because it was the Black Friday special where you had to add the buffet to your stay and then they took 15% off your room and the buffet )
I’m just really glad I ended up catching the mistake. Otherwise I would’ve gotten there thinking our breakfast was taken care of, now I can at least I can do what I normally do which is pack stuff for our breakfast

Thanks for responding.

I did decide to do the suite. It is a lot more but even still, is kind of a bargain for what you’re getting. I think everyone will enjoy the space. Grumpy teenagers, husband with PTSD and needing a break from everything, the youngest more room to play, and me. Trying to make everyone happy is hard. At least I know they won’t be driving each other nuts in a smaller space. Or at least that’s how I’m justifying it.

It will likely be the youngest’s only trip. If we do go again when she’s older, it’s likely to be a quick long weekend trip and not a see all 4 parks kind of thing.
I promise you will not regret your choice!
Please come back and tell us how your trip went and how the room was!
Sparkle on!

Just booked our first shades stay for June. It's a quick three night, adult only thing. However if we like our stay we may plan to bring the whole crew for a longer trip.
I think you will enjoy Shades. We did a 4 night stay last month and I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I didn't like was the bus to DHS and AK. I don't think I will ever have the opportunity to stay again but if I did I would go back. Really liked the breakfast buffet-- so cheap by Disney standards.

Just booked our first shades stay for June. It's a quick three night, adult only thing. However if we like our stay we may plan to bring the whole crew for a longer trip.
We just booked for 6 nights the week before Thanksgiving!! First time ever staying at SoG!!! Super excited!

Has anyone used the spa? If so, how was it?

I have used it a couple of times on past trips and it has always been enjoyable. Probably not as upscale as what you would get at the Disney Resort Spa's, but price is much more affordable and the service and vibe is comparable to salons in my local area.

I would recommend it.

I have used it a couple of times on past trips and it has always been enjoyable. Probably not as upscale as what you would get at the Disney Resort Spa's, but price is much more affordable and the service and vibe is comparable to salons in my local area.

I would recommend it.
Thank you. We aren’t really spa people so we wouldn’t know the difference, lol. We would probably feel out of place if it were super fancy, so this sounds perfect! Just thought it might be fun to do something different on our rest day.

Thank you. We aren’t really spa people so we wouldn’t know the difference, lol. We would probably feel out of place if it were super fancy, so this sounds perfect! Just thought it might be fun to do something different on our rest day.
My teen loved the arcade. I don't remember what's there or if it's still the same but she had fun.
We also jump around monorail resorts to do something fun - easy to do from Shades.

Did you see this?
https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/activities/princess-and-pirate-makeovers
(we've never done it, DD was too old by the time I learned about it)

If the guys in your party golf, we schedule a 9 hole tee time for them to coincide with our appt at the spa. The girls do a massage, facial and pedi in around the same amount of time it takes them to golf 9 holes and then we all meet up for lunch after. It's one of the highlights of our trip. 😀

If the guys in your party golf, we schedule a 9 hole tee time for them to coincide with our appt at the spa. The girls do a massage, facial and pedi in around the same amount of time it takes them to golf 9 holes and then we all meet up for lunch after. It's one of the highlights of our trip. 😀
They aren’t golfers, but what a fantastic plan. I thought I might send them to the Poly to fish but my son might want the massage. That’s a big no for my husband though. I’m sure he’d be happy to just have quiet time in the room.

Has anyone ordered tickets from SOG lately? Just wondering how long its been taking to get tickets after emailing order form.

Has anyone ordered tickets from SOG lately? Just wondering how long its been taking to get tickets after emailing order form.
It took about a week to get a callback (March 2023 - we just got ours 2 weeks ago). Then a few days to receive the physical tickets via Fed EX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter