SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Strange... I recently booked at 31 days out. I had to give my credit card number for a deposit and was reminded several times of the 30-day cancellation policy. 🤷‍♀️

I just called SOG to confirm my reservation because I was nervous that I didn’t add a credit card and their website was not showing that I had a reservation. I also wanted to add one night to my one reservation. She asked me if I wanted to add a credit card to my room and I did but I did not have to. She told me When I made my original reservation the computer system was down. She also told me that it takes 72 hours for the reservation to show up online so I wanted everyone to know that was in my situation that everything is OK! I have two rooms reserved, one I added one night and the other one I left the same. And both of my confirmation numbers are different now.

Strange... I recently booked at 31 days out. I had to give my credit card number for a deposit and was reminded several times of the 30-day cancellation policy. 🤷‍♀️
I will admit there has been some strange stuff happening there.
I had to leave 2 days after I got there in July due to a family emergency. Once all was settled, I called to reserve a room in August. The clerk told me there wouldn't be a deposit required because it was in 90 days.
Well, when we checked in, I was told there would be a hold placed for the amount plus $25 a day in case we charged anything to the room. No hold was ever placed.

I've booked a facial and massage at the spa over labor day weekend. Anyone been there lately? What are the covid protocols like?

Everyone keeps saying how quiet the resort is. Are they family friendly? I'll be coming with 3 kids and they are not always quiet especially when playing in the pool or on the way to the parks.
Thanks!
There's plenty of families with children around but no one is running up and down the hallways if that's what you're asking. It's pretty quiet inside the hotel.

There's plenty of families with children around but no one is running up and down the hallways if that's what you're asking. It's pretty quiet inside the hotel.

I'll second this, my family has been there a number of times, and I would agree it is a very quiet resort. There are children playing like children when down at the pools, as would be expected. But I have never seen children running or screaming in the hallways.

Well, I guess that clarified my SoG v. Pop Century decision. Love evening hours! SoG here we come! Skyliner to Epcot will have to wait until another trip.

We were planning on staying at Pop, which we love, this coming April for our DD's band trip. I had been checking SoG constantly but couldn't book due to no availability on the last Tuesday and Thursday in April 22. Today I checked and the whole week was available so I booked us for the entire week. DW and I are super, super excited!

We were planning on staying at Pop, which we love, this coming April for our DD's band trip. I had been checking SoG constantly but couldn't book due to no availability on the last Tuesday and Thursday in April 22. Today I checked and the whole week was available so I booked us for the entire week. DW and I are super, super excited!
I was just coming on to say that I was able to add a night to my Shades of Green reservation! We’re going 2/25-2/28 and the night of the 25th wasn’t available, so I had booked the last 2 nights hoping it would open. I also called to add a waitlist. I I happened to check myself today and saw it open so I added it. I’m not sure how periodically they check the waitlist requests, so def worth a shot to keep looking yourself for anyone else in that situation!

The Shades of Green availability calendar is weird right now - basically all of January is crossed out, but there's a lot open in February and March. I wonder if they are still holding back capacity and are slowly adding it? Seems odd that all of January is locked, but the busier months (including spots in Nov and Dec) are open. I'm on a waitlist now as well for January, so we'll see!

The Shades of Green availability calendar is weird right now - basically all of January is crossed out, but there's a lot open in February and March. I wonder if they are still holding back capacity and are slowly adding it? Seems odd that all of January is locked, but the busier months (including spots in Nov and Dec) are open. I'm on a waitlist now as well for January, so we'll see!
I've noticed that too it seemed all of a sudden. I think maybe because September and January are open to all veterans? September, which had been booked up for months, many may have canceled due to various reasons, but in January people are still holding onto reservations? Or maybe rescheduled for January?

The weekend in January I want has been blocked out for a while, but I think it's a marathon weekend. The rest of the month? Unusual for sure. I'm wondering if a large group may have booked in January (e.g. my father is a Navy vet, but not retired, and they have reunions every two years in various destinations).

I've noticed that too it seemed all of a sudden. I think maybe because September and January are open to all veterans? September, which had been booked up for months, many may have canceled due to various reasons, but in January people are still holding onto reservations? Or maybe rescheduled for January?

The weekend in January I want has been blocked out for a while, but I think it's a marathon weekend. The rest of the month? Unusual for sure. I'm wondering if a large group may have booked in January (e.g. my father is a Navy vet, but not retired, and they have reunions every two years in various destinations).
I'm hoping to add a couple of days on for January too and while I've seen other months have availability open up, January is still booked pretty solid. I just keep checking every day hoping.

I just got this in my email today - pretty short notice but for those who've got last-minute flexibility and were on the fence, this may work:

"The Shades of Green Resort in Orlando, Florida is offering a 15% off special for dates of stay 3 - 23 September. For those that can be spontaneous, having a vacation to look forward to might be just what you need."

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/special-offers/monthly-specials/september-savings

I'm hoping to add a couple of days on for January too and while I've seen other months have availability open up, January is still booked pretty solid. I just keep checking every day hoping.
Good luck, fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter