Seven months from today!

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
:cool1: Seven months from today, we will be doing OKW for New Years Eve! :cool1:

Lucky. That is a great time to be there (esp from MN). Have a great time and think about us freezin our toes off back here.

THis will be our second NYE trip. The first was for NYE 1999/2000. We really enjoyed that one, and only hope we will have the great weather this time that we had that time! We often go to WDW in January, but the weather can be hit or miss.

We'll be there, too! Wow, just 7 months away!

Sounds like fun Diane ! Wish I could come too (I have to work NYE :sad: )!!! Fingers crossed for mild weather :cool1: I agree the weather can be hit or miss, but the majority of the time, it's still alot better than up north :cold:

You got that right! It will likely be below zero at home! Hey, Doctor P, maybe we can see you there!

Which park are the other NYE revelers using? We did Epcot last time, and plan to do that this time as well. The additional fireworks added to Illuminations is incredible!

We did Epcot last time and are contemplating possibly doing a different park this time, but not sure.

Make sure you get up early Jan 1st and hit a park-MK was dead last year (I think it was early entry). We did the 7 major attractions befor 10AM and left for the day. I went to EPCOT myself around noon and it was very quiet also.

That's what we did last time too, Jade! We knew it would be crowded at MK, so we went early in the day on NY Day and took our nap in the afternoon!

We went to Typhoon Lagoon on January 1, 2002. It was empty and we had an awesome time. Unfortunately, we will be driving back on January 1 this time around, it appears.

Cool! For our honeymoon we spent NYE in WDW. It was a ton of fun.

Hope your 7 months go by quickly!

Only a DVC lover could live in MN and be looking past summer, looking forward to January! Have fun, Diane!

jekjones1558 said:
Only a DVC lover could live in MN and be looking past summer, looking forward to January! Have fun, Diane!
LOL, Jean! Yep, and maybe all the wet spring weather we have had is part of the reason for looking that far forward.

I'm so excited for you, Diane! NYE would be a great time to be there! I'm anxiously waiting a couple more weeks to make our ressies for mid-January. It's a perfect time for us to visit...like you, we're Minnesotans. And though it seemed a little crazy at the time, 30 years later having a wedding anniversary in January is starting to pay off in a great excuse to visit our DVC home. Leave a little of the magic for us, cuz we won't be far behind! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mom B said:
I'm so excited for you, Diane! NYE would be a great time to be there! I'm anxiously waiting a couple more weeks to make our ressies for mid-January. It's a perfect time for us to visit...like you, we're Minnesotans. And though it seemed a little crazy at the time, 30 years later having a wedding anniversary in January is starting to pay off in a great excuse to visit our DVC home. Leave a little of the magic for us, cuz we won't be far behind! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Actually, mid January is one of favorite times to go. It seems to break up the winter better than a December/ early January trip, and the crowds at WDW are non-existant! I will be envying you after I get home!

We'll be there for NYE too! Staying at BCV and driving home on the 1st... hmmm... maybe we'll have to change that last bit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter