• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven month point history for F&W

PRmamiDEdos

DIS Veteran
DH and I are planning a trip for our 10th anniversary next year in October 2013. We own AKV points but would like to stay closer to Epcot. Is there anyplace I can find info on BCV and BWV availability at the 7 month mark for a studio during that period?

There is no place in which you will be able to find out availability at a non-home resort prior to your 7 month window opening up and we don't allow those types of requests here on the boards.

If you are looking to find out people's experiences, there is not any place that I am aware of in which this is posted, but I am sure that people will chime in.

If you call right at 7 months and are okay with either resort, you probably have a good chance of getting a room, especially if you were flexible and could take a 1 bedroom.

I booked a 2 bedroom at BWV at the 11 month mark for a big group trip. In June, there were changes and it will now only be DH and I. I was able, through the online system, and wait lists, to change from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom at BWV at about 5 months out for a long weekend in October so things are certainly possible. That also means, when I got my reservation changed, someone else got a 2 bedroom BW view room for those same dates!

Good luck!

BWV is a larger resort than BCV. You would likely have better luck there just based on sheer numbers, but even if you find some available at the 7 month mark it's not likely they will last long.

I did get 2 nights at BWV for the first weekend of the festival, booking them just last month. So I can't call it impossible.

DH and I are planning a trip for our 10th anniversary next year in October 2013. We own AKV points but would like to stay closer to Epcot. Is there anyplace I can find info on BCV and BWV availability at the 7 month mark for a studio during that period?

Book your AKV during the home resort priority period (11 months). At 7 months, check availability at BCV & BWV and if nothing is open for your dates, wait list them.

Based on what I saw this year at 7 months out for Oct, it is possible but not certain you may find something at BWV for pool/garden view but less likely other things at BWV or BCV

We were looking at BCV for the middle of October for at least seven nights (hopefully nine). I started booking exactly at seven months out for our nights and could not get seven nights together for a one bedroom. One bedrooms usually last longer than studios which usually go faster. We wound up getting BLT in a lake view one bedroom villa for nine nights.

A few nights will be easier than a lot of nights (i.e. Deb's nine would have been more difficult than Nala's two).

BWV Preferred View would be most likely, BCV and the BWV Boardwalk or Standard Views are likely to be tight, although you never know.

This is a time of year where seven months on the dot and calling MS (or booking online when the reservations release) makes a big difference over six and a half months - although certain years there is reservation gridlock at this time of year, and a call a week later might find something not available the week before.

But every year, hundreds of non-home resort owners stay at Epcot resorts over F&W. It isn't impossible. However, I'd guess more are disappointed than manage to book. A lot of members have bought small Epcot contracts specifically for this time of year.

crisi said:
A few nights will be easier than a lot of nights (i.e. Deb's nine would have been more difficult than Nala's two).

BWV Preferred View would be most likely, BCV and the BWV Boardwalk or Standard Views are likely to be tight, although you never know.

This is a time of year where seven months on the dot and calling MS (or booking online when the reservations release) makes a big difference over six and a half months - although certain years there is reservation gridlock at this time of year, and a call a week later might find something not available the week before.

But every year, hundreds of non-home resort owners stay at Epcot resorts over F&W. It isn't impossible. However, I'd guess more are disappointed than manage to book. A lot of members have bought small Epcot contracts specifically for this time of year.

I have set up a calendar reminder for exactly seven months out so I can make the reservations that day. I was hoping I could find some historical data regarding amount of non Epcot owners vs Epcot owners staying during the month of October but you guys have reassured me that it is possible. Since we're just going Thu-Sun, I think we should be fine.

If I make the reservations online, does anyone know if it can be done at midnight or do the reservations open at a certain hour in the system?

PRmamiDEdos said:
I have set up a calendar reminder for exactly seven months out so I can make the reservations that day. I was hoping I could find some historical data regarding amount of non Epcot owners vs Epcot owners staying during the month of October but you guys have reassured me that it is possible. Since we're just going Thu-Sun, I think we should be fine.

If I make the reservations online, does anyone know if it can be done at midnight or do the reservations open at a certain hour in the system?

Online system opens at 8:00 am est for an exact 7 month reservation. Phone opens at 9:00 am est.

It isn't in Disney's best interest to release numbers like that - or even measure them. They are telling people buying at VAKL that they can stay at BCV for Food and Wine - if its discovered that only 10% of F&W rooms are non-owners, that would have a sales impact.

about 2 years ago, i tried to book BWV BW view studio starting at 10 1/2 months. only pool/garden was available, and our 2 night waitlist never came through. interestingly enough, BCV was available when i called initially.

our experience through a few years of checking is that you have a shot at BWV P/G view, or BCV......if you start at exactly 7 months, and waitlist. no guarantees tho;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter